1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mark Madden on Ike Taylor draft pick.. Comical

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Busman, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
  2. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    LOL! Madden just gets dumber and dumber.

3. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    I rarely use the word hate, but if he mattered enough, I'd straight up hate Mark Madden. He's that really stubborn dog crap that you just can't scrape off your shoe, no matter how hard you try.

4. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah he really should just stick to talking about hockey or running a wrestling promotion in to the ground because he's clearly not qualified to talk about football. Well, at least not Steelers football. I think he'd make a great Raiders fan.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well thats just about the biggest plate of crow one can be served.

url.png

6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    He is one dumbass.. that is for sure.. Well at least his errant predictions come back to bite him in the hinny lol

would be worse if this article vanished and was not archived.. lol

7. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    He did like the Alonzo Jackson pick though. :lolol:

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    If he made that Ike Turner joke today he'd be out of a job

9. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    This!

10. gpguy

gpguy Well-Known Member

Dec 19, 2011
    Though he'd never admit to it or whatever.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Equally stupid comment got his butt kicked off of ESPN. Now he is off to some station that has an audience that doesn't know any better.

How dumb is Mark Madden? He's so dumb, he thinks he's a genius.

He knows little about football, but he does know hockey.

12. HugeSnack

HugeSnack Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    What a waste of air and water. The air he breathes could be going to children, or cats, or bugs. I wish this planet had 5,000 more cockroaches instead of Mark Madden.

13. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Madden was fired from ESPN and WCW Wrestling for improper comments and disobeying orders from superiors. Some of his points are valid but he often goes way too overboard.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Whenever I see this guy on NFLN's top 10 lists I always wonder how hE ever got a job as a football "expert". Since I don't live in PA, I've nEver seen or heard his show but............what a dope!

15. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    The first time I ever heard of him was on that show. He said, "Troy Polamalu is the biggest hitter in Steelers history." And I thought, "Troy's a big hitter, but he's probably the 4th biggest hitter currently on the team (forget all-time!) and he's not even the biggest hitter at his own position on the current roster. I think this guy isn't so smart."

That turned out to be the smartest thing I ever heard him say.

16. lloyddestroy

lloyddestroy Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    Why does everyone (including this blustering fool - Madden) think TP was such a "big hitter?" Was he a great player who made big splash plays such as timely pic 6's and forced fumbles? Yes. Did he make dramatic plays? Yes. Did he lay huge hits on peeps? Not really. He also missed a lot of tackles. If you want to see a player who dishes out tons of hits, it's James Harrison, Shark (if he ever gets on the field), Ryan Clark, Lloyd and Lambert. Troy? Not so much, but everyone some how gets confused thinking he does.

17. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    Madden is an Oxygen thief!
    That is all

18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    It still baffles me how he coined Hines "Whines Hard..." guy was the most hard hitting WR in history

Edit: I believe it was him...not 100%. Either way the guy is a piece of trash

19. Coastal Steeler

Coastal Steeler

Oct 16, 2011
    The only things that call Hines that are rat and bungle fans

20. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, I've seen him on NFLN call Hines that.

21. lloyddestroy

lloyddestroy Well-Known Member

Feb 6, 2015
    I learned long ago that if you want to get noticed in the media, you hold very strong positions, even if you are completely wrong. Madden does that, and he is well aware of it, even though he is usually a blustering fool.

22. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I would love to run into Mark Madden and Dick Vitale in a bar and just listen to them go back and forth on football and basketball.

As a third party person I would just go, but, but, but, umm, :facepalm:.

23. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    irony

24. HugeSnack

Oct 17, 2011
    You're wrong about that. Troy was a big hitter, no question. Like I said, he wasn't even the biggest hitting safety on the Steelers (that was Clark), so suggesting he's the biggest hitter we've ever had is stupid right out of the gate. Then you add a guy like James Harrison, and older players like Blount and Lambert... etc. But you're wrong saying Troy wasn't a big hitter. He did that plenty. Shark has the potential to be a big hitter too, but I find it odd that you give him credit for being a hitter, despite having very little NFL experience (has he ever made a big hit in the NFL?) and don't give it to Troy, who has proven it many times.

[video=youtube;ZX9qrpKojeo]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX9qrpKojeo[/video]

He was a big hitter; that just happened to be the least interesting and noticeable thing about his game, as opposed to most safeties, for whom it's the most interesting and noticeable thing about them.

25. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Taylor was a tailback at Louisiana-Lafayette in 2001, making the team as a walk-on. Taylor's draft profile on NFL.com says he did not play in 2000 because he "concentrated on academics." Before that, he was a Prop 48. Before that, he was dumb. Probably still is.
    Probably not dumb enough to pick himself in the fourth round, though. This pick makes no sense. On a scale of one to 10, Ourlads Scouting Service gave Taylor a one. They projected him to be drafted when hell froze over.
    But Taylor is a Steeler. I guarantee he will make the team. Taylor could lose a leg at rookie camp, have a lobotomy at minicamp and develop a heroin habit at training camp, and he would make the Steelers. When a team makes a bad draft choice, cutting him right away fairly screams the club's stupidity in all-too-short order.

:eek::smiley1::lolol::roflmao:
    Hey, you might hate the guy but you've got to admit he's pretty entertaining. Glad he missed on Ike.