1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

how the season would have been with Keenan Lewis

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelers_liu, Dec 16, 2014.

1. steelers_liu

steelers_liu Well-Known Member

Jan 16, 2012
    I was watching the Saints game last nite and I'm still pulling my hair as to why we let him go and signed Cortez Allen for almost the same contract deal. Keenan Lewis is playing at a all-pro level and we didn't see that???? I think with Lewis, we would have been at least 11-3 right now. just so disappointed that this our coaching staff (LeBeau and Carnell Lake) screw this bad...

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    I don't think the Steelers had any say in the matter. I firmly believe he wanted to play for his hometown team.

3. Steel_in_DC

Steel_in_DC Well-Known Member

Jan 27, 2012
    The Steelers had even less say in the matter because of the cap hell they were in - they were basically in no position to really make a competitive offer to Lewis.

4. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Yup, the guy has repeatedly said he went there and would have played for less money to play for his hometown team! Let it go people! The Steelers didn't want him to go, but he was going regardless!

5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Yea i remember him getting on FB and saying somthing like ( i got some good new's, dream's really do come true) this was before free agency even strted and players were not allowed to talk to other teams, So im guessng there was a lil tampering going on...

6. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Exactly. I can't believe this isn't common knowledge yet. Even the beat writers back this up.

It would have taken a truck load of money to keep him here, money Steelers don't have.

7. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    He wanted to go home, No amount of money was ever going to change his mind. This would,shoulda,coulda has got to stop. We have to go with who KC&MT gave us.

8. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Just echoing what the others have said...Lewis made it crystal clear that he wanted to go to New Orleans long before he left here

9. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A win or 2 more no doubt . We couldn't keep him the only thing we can do is play what we have now and get better players in the future.

10. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I feel you. Yes he wanted to jump ship and go home, but, with the right money he might have stayed in Black and Gold. They didn't make an offer. Cap Hell, yea. Have to pay some dead wood. Let's count, it took 4 years to get him on the field, hmmmm.
    Now we get to watch the up and comer with a fresh contract, oh, he was benched and now on injured reserve with a boo boo. And due a 3 mill bonus next season. What a difference maker. And we will see a washed up Toast getting his @ss handed to him again this week :facepalm:

11. mrn6

mrn6 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    who cares?..that ship has sailed..now they need to draft some corners..

12. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011

this !!!!!!:this!:

13. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I never understand why people ask who cares? clearly the poster cares lol

14. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    :roflmao:

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    This subject has been brought up many times on here, the Steelers had no shot he wanted to go home.

16. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Exactly, Quotes from his interview and the link: http://www.nola.com/saints/index.ssf/2013/03/new_orleans_saints_have_reache_1.html

"Those guys were trying to offer more money, but I had it set in my mind the whole time if the Saints offered me I was going to come home. I had to get it done," Lewis said. "I looked at it like I'm home. I'm from Algiers. I went to O.P. Walker. A lot of guys don't really have that opportunity to play for their hometown team. Then when I had the opportunity to sit down with Sean Payton, Mickey Loomis, Rob Ryan and my position coach, (Wesley) McGriff, they really made me feel at home. And that's something I had in Pittsburgh.
    "When I first walked in there I felt like I was at home. I had opportunities to go to teams that offered me a lot more money. But everybody can't say that they had the opportunity to play in their back yard. Even when I was in Pittsburgh I would go back and watch four or five Saints games just to get acquainted with what they were doing."
    Lewis' affinity for the Saints almost cost him on draft day.
    "I almost didn't get drafted because I told all the teams my wish was to play for the Saints," he said. "I let that be known when I was coming out of college at the Senior Bowl."

Can we just lock all future threads about this topic? He has said it numerous times and that article shows how much he wanted to play there. The Steelers had no chance to resign him so they didn't even try hard.

keep-calm-and-elsa-lets-it-go.jpg

17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

That would be awesome, but unfortunately it's going to come up every time a steelers' cb gives up a play.

18. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    Can we sticky it? lol

19. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    I think part of it was Keenan Lewis wanted to play for the Saints, he is from Louisiana originally.