1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

New Covid Protocol

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Seven4Steel, Jul 22, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    The is straight from CDC website. Research it yourself.

https://wonder.cdc.gov/controller/d...=sort&direction=MEASURE_DESCEND&measure=D8.M1

You make a big deal how people died from covid. Well that's less than 0.5%. except for people over 75.

But look at your moderna. 1.15% of cases reported were death. 2,000+ deaths. (And if you point at more people dying from covid, I'm going to realize I'm talking to a brick wall. Because you need to look at how many took the vaccine per death rate vs how many got covid and died from it)

You made a big deal how you think there's people with covid who have long term side effects, but you haven't provided any data from the CDC website. And then when I point at Johnson and Johnson you think it can be ignored by talking about Moderna.

2. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    So you're ok with paying for someone who doesn't wear a seat belt? Ok for paying for someone who was warned smoking causes cancer and etc...... But you are drawing the line at covid vaccine.

3. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    You really don't understand how VAERS works.

But even if every single death can be proven to be caused by a vaccine:

Covid- 34 million cases, 610,000 deaths

Vaccines- over 100 million, 11k deaths

You don't have to be a mathematical genius to see the difference. May the odds be ever in your favor...

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    I remember the bad old days when everyone smoked and it was allowed wherever and whenever. In the 1970's I worked in an office with about 40 people in it and probably about 37 of them smoked. It was awful, I would leave every day with a headache, my nose, eyes and throat burned. I would cough during the day even though I didn't smoke the smoke in the air choked me. I would leave for the day with my clothes and hair reeking like cigarette smoke. Thankfully in the late 1980's the law was made to stop people from smoking in public places. Anyone not old enough to remember those days are lucky.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    I could come back and say the same ignorance to you. How do we know covid deaths are that of only covid...... Sure is funny how we used to say that, and y'all disagreed. But now you see it with your vaccine, but not covid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Thank's for making me feel like I'm old.

I remember Georgia did it before Tennessee. And I went on vacation to Tennessee and hated it.

What get me is back then people had a case for being more upset because of the clear evidence what it did and what it did to people by second hand smoke. Yet the smokers and non smokers were not at each other throats like what we see with vaccinated and unvaccinated.

7. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011

hah, I’m an old dog too. I was talking to some young coworkers about the past, and I Said “back in those days you could smoke in the offices”. They looked at me as if I’d said “back in those days you could snort cocaine in the offices”. A reality far beyond their imaginations.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    That’s what happens when someone who is reaching for a counterpoint compares the risk to others associated with not wearing a seatbelt with the risk to others associated with an infectious respiratory disease that’s killed upwards of 600,000 people in this country.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    Not true at all. We know that all of the covid deaths happened because someone had covid. They would still be alive today if not for getting sick. It doesn't matter their comorbidity, or that it was pneumonia or a stroke that killed them. Their mechanism of death was a direct result of Covid. And miss me with that "they're calling vehicle accidents and suicides covid deaths" nonsense. Death certificates are government forms. Falsifying them is a felony. Any doctor getting caught doing so would lose his license, and have hefty fines and jail time. Not worth the risk.

My past post on VAERS http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/new-covid-protocol.26470/page-8

From VAERS own website:

Screenshot_20210725-162941_Chrome.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    don’t know about that. It was pretty nasty at the time. Smokers didn’t like be considered societal pariahs either. Then as now, the heavy handed were too wrapped up their self less support of universal good, to even remotely understand that others might think they were being heavy handed.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
  11. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    My high school history teacher used to piss the other smoking teachers off because they didn't like the smell of his favorite cigar in the teacher's lounge. Times have changed a tiny bit.:lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Let’s try to keep it a little bit mellower than this. I can’t disagree, but we don’t need to go there.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    So what? good comment. I responded to your statement that I probably misread where you said you wished all companies would require a vaccine then we could get on with our lives. I apologize. I must have not read that correctly.

14. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011
    If I had been a teacher, I would've been that guy.

I remember students smoking in the cafeteria. My freshman year anyway. Hell, we had a cigarette vending machine in the cafeteria. That stopped soon after.

15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    VAERS reporting system in todays politically charged environment, QAnon and anti vaxers, what could go wrong.

upload_2021-7-25_16-48-34.gif

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  16. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Blast Furnace..... You sure??????
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  17. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I did say that, but so what. I don’t make the rules. That’s just my take on it.

18. Ray D

Oct 18, 2011

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  19. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Ok so you don't want people to be forced to take the vaccine nor do you want "companies" to force them to do so by threatening them with job loss. There you go then. We're in agreement

20. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    sorry just calling a spade a spade

21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    remember smoking on airplanes and the tiny little ashtrays in the armrest?

22. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    I remember the smokers were in the back of the plane and the non smoking were in the front. Like that actually helped :)

23. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m not really sure what you’re talking about at this point.

24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I remember the Andrew Dice Clay bit on that. He was like “you’re in a ****ing tube the smoke is going everywhere “

25. Rollers

Nov 8, 2016
    Just musing out loud. Trying to make sense of your words. I'm glad you don't want companies to force employees to take the vaccine. And mostly I'm grateful you don't want them to have their jobs threatened in order to coerce them to get the vaccine. That's all

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.