1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome To The Steelers James Washington

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TerribleTowelFlying, Apr 27, 2018.

1. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    Yeah, he scores another one.

But seriously, how refreshing to see a big play receiver act with that much class in the end zone. Can’t wait to see what this guy brings to the team.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    Yeah I was gonna point it out when he hands the ball to the ref, but I wasn't sure if he did it all the time.

3. Pistol Patty

Pistol Patty Member

Apr 29, 2018
    Yes, I watched him do it at Boone Pickens Stadium. Every. Single. Time. since his freshman year.

I registered this morning just so I could post this. It will probably be my one and only, but you guys need to understand what you've got here. James and Mason are something special. I mean really special. They have been special since the day they stepped on campus. They have been playing together since they were both freshman and either one of them could have decided to leave for the draft last year, but they decided together they were going to stay, and they made the announcement together before the Alamo Bowl. They are both outstanding young men and all they will ever do is show up everyday and give you 110%. They will never embarrass you, they will always make you proud.

Mason is a natural born leader and unselfish as they come. He was supposed to redshirt his freshman year, (which, by the way, was one of the ****tiest years ever for Cowboy football) but we were down to our scout team QB with 3 games left and Gundy gave Mason the choice--he could keep the redshirt or not. We had already lost five in a row and the next game up was against #7 Baylor (this was 2014 when they were still a juggernaut and Art still had a job and they were still mostly out of prison and nobody knew they were all rapey and whatnot). He chose to play his first D1 game against Bryce Petty and the #7 Bears in a rainstorm. We lost but Mason still passed for nearly 300 yds (James had 4 receptions, one for 68 yds). We won our next two, including the season closer at Oklahoma (and honestly, that's all you need to do to become an enshrined legend at OSU.) We weren't going to be bowl eligible, and then all of a sudden, we were.

And then there's this:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles...rospect-mason-rudolph-than-a-strong-right-arm

And James. Stop looking at his 40 time. It's meaningless. Watch his game film. James just shows up and does his job every single day. He is humble as the day is long. Here's why:

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsext...cle_749e8cf1-9fac-5e04-be5f-5997b8b8fb71.html

This post is kinda long, but it's the only one you'll ever see from me so let me say this in closing. I've never been to Dallas to see Dez play. I never went to Houston when Brandon Weeden was with the Texans. I never even went to see Barry Sanders play for the Lions. But I am buying a plane ticket to Pittsburgh for a pre-season game because after four years, I still haven't seen enough of Rudolph2Washington. The Steelers broke the draft. You just don't know it yet.

Oh, geez! I just checked your pre-season sched. Sept. 9!! That will be a good one. Mason and James will love to get another crack at the squat from Norman.

Last edited: Apr 29, 2018
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  4. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Solid Pick / If there's such a thing as a "Steelers" receiver, he's it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Well first off welcome to the form even if it is short lived and second thank you so much for taking the time to post this. The story about Mason is incredible and very interesting. I have been a Washington fan so no need to try and sell him to me I loved him. Sounds to me like you will be paying attention to the Steelers now so I hope you check in from time to time. I will post this pic from your link since I am not sure how many will click on it and read it but this is very touching.

[​IMG]

@Pistol Patty thanks again for sharing this looks like we got us some real class acts here.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome.

I commonly skip long posts. I’m glad I read this one. Thank you for sharing. If you do come to Pittsburgh, check out this link first:

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/t...n-pittsburgh-while-visiting-for-a-game.18735/

• Like Like x 2
  7. fansincethesixties

fansincethesixties Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    Great read...doesn't get any more refreshing than this. TY for taking the time for some personal insights..

• Like Like x 1
  8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Watching the highlights the team put together on their facebook page I'd feel better about Washington trying a reverse or bubble screen than I did watching Bryant do it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Nice post...you should stick around...this is the best place in the business....you know what AB says about business....there's always room on the Stairway to 7....

• Like Like x 1
  10. Watt Wack

Watt Wack Well-Known Member

Jul 29, 2017
    BOO...............MIN

• Like Like x 1
  11. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Psyched for Washington, I think this guy is going to step in day 1 and contribute...

• Like Like x 1
  12. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    213 lbs at the combine and not real tall. So he's a pretty muscular guy and a pretty physical receiver.

Very good pick. He will do good things with and without the ball.

• Like Like x 1
  13. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

[​IMG]

Very seldom do newcomers have such good insight, detail and good analysis. Well done!

Apologies if I am late on this one but a belated welcome to TheSteelersFans board! I hope you can stay on this board for quite some time as I did enjoy reading your post and look forward towards more of these from you in the future! :)

:steelflag::steelflag::steelflag:

14. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    As soon as I read he goes after the ball when it's in the air, I was in. Because Bryant was useless when the ball was in the air.

15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Ain’t that the truth!

If it wasn’t nuts on, there wasn’t any adjustment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    ..........and a black belt in Taekwando(sp.) so Burfict better really watch his ass....:smiley1:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    That's some great info there, thank you so much for sharing that. Looking forward to seeing what Rudolph and Washington can do as Steelers over the next decade or so.

But I do have a serious question for you. This picture was with the article and it's the second picture I've seen of Rudolph throwing the football with his hand not overlapping the threads, which is somewhat unusual as most quarterbacks throw with the tops of their fingers overlapping the threads. Is that the way he prefers to throw or are these photos simply anomalies?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

18. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not sure either but I think I remember hearing of a couple QBs that have thrown without the laces.....
    I'm not a pro QB but I've thrown a football my whole life without the laces and can throw a spiral with no issues. I do have big hands and I think QBs with big hands it's not a issue...interesting though.

19. Pistol Patty

Pistol Patty Member

Apr 29, 2018
    I honestly don't know. But I do know that he owns almost every passing record in OSU history (52), no matter his grip, including #of passing touchdowns and # of completions.

[​IMG]

Does this one make you feel better?

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Not being critical, just inquiring. I don’t care if he throws it end over end as long as he gets the job done!:lolol:

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. JackAttack 5958

Oct 18, 2011
    Bradshaw had a unique way of gripping the ball as well, with his index finger on the tip of the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017

• Like Like x 1
  23. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Currently my favorite draft pick out of this yrs haul.... knows how to use his body to wall off defenders and gain separation.... that's a skill most young receivers take a while to learn, and quite a few veterans still haven't mastered it... catches the ball with his hands and away from the body..... I think he makes a lot of noise early and often

• Agree Agree x 1