1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Official Steelers vs Chargers Gameday Thread

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I've never understood why people who complain about the crap their team does is leaving when the going gets tough. I'm here every week and I watch every week. Why do I have to just smile and get all rah-rah after a disgusting loss to be a real fan?

2. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I’m pissed. Really pissed.
    I’m not going to get all emotionally unstable and say a bunch of knee jerk crap that I’ll never follow through on though.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. Steelers '08

Steelers '08 Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2016
    Nothing they figured were leading by 17 no need for changes. Idiotic thinking. Chargers are the better team. They manned up when they needed to and we didn’t.

Tomlin has a point about the refs in the offsides TD and the crack back block on the kick return TD. We did EVERYTHING we could to hand them the game along with the refs. Way to go Steelers.

4. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    So, Mike Tomlin told the officials to call a ticky-tack holding penalty against Foster on the opening drive of the third quarter to wipe out a huge run inside the 20 by Conner? He told Villanueva to hold and wipe out a nice gain on a screen on the next drive? The holding calls were the primary problem on offense in the second half. Both were unnecessary and the one by Foster shouldn't have been called.

I guess Tomlin also told Sean Davis to light up Joe Haden on a ball that should have been an interception.

You can certainly blame the coach for some of the sloppiness, but at some point the players have to execute properly and the officials need to do their jobs properly. Neither of those happened tonight.

I do think Keith Butler was out-coached again. Once his earlier schemes stopped working, he needed to adjust and that didn't happen.

5. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    We often give munches his props on developing lineman. But, never check him on all of these holding penalties and lack of discipline of the oline play. Especially, during crunch time and critical drives.
    Villy, really can be replace and foster should be cut

6. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    A hand full of people said they were done watching this season if we lost. Well we lost. So....

• Like Like x 1
  7. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Ok Pom Pom...Keep drinking the Koolaid...Tomlin is a genius bringing pressure and having LB's covering one of the best WR's in the league ( singlehandedly ) killing us , no adjustments...9 challenges lost in a row by him...I knew immediately JuJu was short, Did you? I'll keep watching and cheering but also commenting when I see fit...You keep waving your NC Poms Poms there Cupcake...Don't EVER say anything negative because you're a REAL fan...And they're just playing swell!

• Like Like x 1
  8. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Someone is responsible for a scheme that continually puts LBs on WRs especially on the teams best WR and most likely target on the team especially on a critical 3rd down. You're right chasing WRs is hard...and almost impossible for a LB. So we are supposed to accept blatant poor coaching and scheme. You're right things do happen all the time in the NFL and you're not gonna win them all but to totally ignore things that make sense because you're too stubborn to change is unacceptable. They've been doing the same **** for years and being ridiculed and called out for it,yet they continue to do it. That's a problem whether you want to accept it or not.

9. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018

No, it should not happen because that's not us.

We don't really suck. We lost to a very good team. We won the 1st half and they won the 2nd half and the ref's blew some calls.

The media plays to Tomlin just like they play to ALL NFL head coaches. Tomlin doesn't get anything that the other head coach's don't get. Is he a great head coach? No, but neither was Cowher, so what, we're not going to hire and fire every two years like other teams.

You need drugs to watch the Steelers play anymore? Sounds like a really immature thing to do but it's obvious that so many of you are really immature children anyway so I'm not surprised at all.

10. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    More like ... the 16th pick

11. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    Tomlin is not a genius but he's our coach and he's staying.

9 challenges lost in a row? Boo hoo hoo.

You knew that Juju was short? Wow, you are sooo smart. So what he was short. It cost what? You think that's what cost us the game? That one lost challenge? So, then we went for it on 4th down and got it so the lost challenge cost us nothing.

You guys pick the strangest things to blame.

12. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

We have been dping this since Tomlin

I would take that as a win

13. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Quick answer.....you don't. Everyone has their right to express themselves in the way they choose. I go through this same BS every time with the guys who think otherwise. Any post you don't like don't respond to it. It's simple. If people want to vent let them.....

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    That's what was said last week. To accept that as an excuse for losing then you have to accept that we're not good. And we're not good. Tomlin does get more sunshine blown up his behind than any other coach except Belichick and Reid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Settle down Glenn.

;+)

16. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    Lost challenges cost you timeouts....just sayin

17. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    FMTI

18. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018

Whether you are an OLB or a CB, chasing a WR is difficult. In our scheme the OLB's have to cover WR's at times. That has been our scheme forever. It's not something Tomlin invented. That's the Steeler way and it's been the Steeler way since forever.

You don't change your teams successful ways of doing business because the riff raffs wants you to. Every fan base has it's bottom feeders who just love to hate on the team.

19. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    So we lost because we didn't have enough time outs?

What game were you watching?

20. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Trust me Blast.. I KNOW.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/keith-butler-pittsburghs-greatest-shortcoming.20487/

How oxymoronic this thread still has relevance. As much as I would love to necrobump this, I believe leaving this link for all to see is a much better prospect.

21. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    I would be okay with the 16th pick. There are some good guys who will be there.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. thesteeldeal

Oct 18, 2011
    I agree that Tomlin can't be blamed for all the unfortunate events but he is the overseer of the team including the DC. He has earned the right much like or QB to put guys on notice. He could change anything he doesn't like and we are still seeing LBs on WRs.

23. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Yeah...

I MISS the man in my avatar.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. H-Bomb

H-Bomb Well-Known Member

Feb 17, 2012
    We had a good lead, we let it slip away. A few non calls, some questionable holds, some bad luck, needed a sac or turnover, didn't get it. A punch in the gut for sure, gotta win on OAK.

Oh, the refs can suck my ba*ls!

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. TheMatrixHasYou

Mar 6, 2018
    If we're not good then how come we are winning the division and we are 4th or 5th seed for the playoffs right now?

What is "good" to you?