1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

NOT A GOOD LOOK…. STEELERS LACK OF DISCIPLINE

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelpens65, Jan 8, 2023.

1. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
  2. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    If it’s ACL that could mean he’s out all of next year. Time to draft another TE

3. Steel the Win on Sunday

Steel the Win on Sunday Well-Known Member

Jan 7, 2016
    I think Connor and Gentry can do the work until he gets back. Probably need another body, too.

4. Lloyd&Green

Lloyd&Green Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2015
    Why do y’all pretend to feel so entitled to championships? Or even playoff wins for that matter? Cowher only went to 2 SBS and was known to lose playoff games people thought they should’ve won.

The Cowboys haven’t been to the SB since ‘95 and have completely stunk in the playoffs since their 90s run. The 49ers haven’t won a SB in almost 30 years and have been more than inconsistent during that drought. The Packers won a whole 2 SBs after being blessed with back to back hof atg QBs in Favre and Rodgers. They were only slightly above .500 when you combine the playoff records respectively.

The point is, it’s hard to win in the nfl and I don’t think a lot of you comprehend or appreciate that. I highlight those 3 teams because outside of the Pats and Steelers they’ve got the most SBs. How many coaches has Dallas cycled through since Jimmy and what do they have to show for it? How about the 49ers? Ran through a bunch of coaches since ‘94 with only 2 NFC championships and a bunch of dog years to show for it.

The whole talking point is so cowardly and dishonest. It’s a shame too because there’s room to have a real conversation amongst genuine fans over why the team didn’t win more over the second half of Ben’s career. Tomlin isn’t blameless and there’s room to criticize but this idea that he’s what’s holding the team back and they can just easily replace him with a better coach is ridiculous. It’s nonsense. Some people just have a personal bias against him.

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Lizard72

Lizard72

Oct 23, 2011
    I mean it's a damn video game! Half the time guys are trying to hit stick someone in!

All the other video games have you killing people and creatures! Some have you pretending to revive a guy that just had his head taken off!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    I can understand how someone who hasn't watched a Steelers game could draw that conclusion.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    Very well said.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    And.... benny is back to finding things to cry about......

@Benny Lava how's willis working out?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. cajunyankee

cajunyankee Well-Known Member

Oct 27, 2011
    Two things-

The CPR celebration at this point in this season is in poor taste because of the many voices of the over sensitive people on social media . Just like they did over Bart Scott’s answer to a question. It’s not a popular celebration but it's happened a few times.

Personally I don’t care, It’s a life saving technique that insults No- One!!!

Secondly-Tomlin’s teams seem to have always been undisciplined, Remember Harrison and Brown…. Tomlin stepping onto the field during aTD return by the ravens player. A Non active player coming onto the field not just once but two weeks in a row.

As much as Tomlin gets the credit for keeping this season from being a Total disaster, got them to fight to have a winning record in the final half of the season Almost making the playoffs he gets the blame for not making it, and having the Steelers longest playoff winning drought in the Super Bowl era, don’t forget all the Talent he’s had to work with.

Cajun

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    it was tasteless, but I am sure a total accident. dare I say they weren't thinking? Just like half the clowns that took knees - some of these guys are just not bright, or thinking 24 / 7. they are 23 yrs old - did you or do you think spot on 100% of the time? ummmmm - NO.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Benny Lava

Benny Lava Well-Known Member

Sep 16, 2019
    Total accident? These multi-player celebrations are pre-planned. You don't "accidentally" start doing CPR on someone.

12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    well, they have done it several times this year, that pump the heart thing (i have seen it...)

they are just night bright Benny, you know that......they in NO WAY meant to insult #3.

13. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    this! People conveniently forget a third of the league has never won a super bowl. Some of us are old enough to have watched our favorite team win multiple Super Bowls. If you have been so lucky be grateful because the reality is they might not ever win another. That’s just cold hard facts. Of course one of the dim bulbs will come along and talk about participation trophies or some other such crap, but that’s to be expected.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    How can anyone have a personal bias against him? I doubt anyone knows on here knows him

15. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Aren't you doing the same thing? I don't know what's worse, repetitive MT bashing or repetitive complaints about them.
    As a sidenote, I posted this on page 2 of 5 and going no further. In fact, I'll not post further until after the draft like last year. See you all then. Take care.
    JMO>

16. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    This is basically why I don't much participate in the offseason on boards.
    It's going to get petty.

But here it goes.
    It was bad optics. I was like "Oh no, dude, no."
    It has been used quite a few times.. but this time is not so good.
    But I also think he was like "crap!" when it struck him.
    My hope is that Tomlin did have a word or two on it. The NFL is a brotherhood and there isn't any player in the league that wants to mock that event - it could happen to themselves to quick.... It was a really bad idea and a very bad time.

"We the Offended"

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

All just a matter of perspective isn't it? Initially I thought how much I wouldn't have liked it if it had been one of our guys laying on the field having a heartattack and then seeing that celebration. Weird times we live in for sure.

18. waywardson

waywardson Well-Known Member

Sep 19, 2022
    Yea seen it many times, jus really tasteless in this moment, i hope the new norm is NOTmediocrity!

19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    LoL :lolol:

20. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Celebrations in general are stupid, costly and a waste of energy. Celebrate after a win not after a pick and down on the scoreboard but decide to sprint 50 yards downfield for the squad photo op and sucking wind later in clutch time. It’s just how it is nowadays. They more on point with celebration than tackling with their head up and or wrapping up hahahahaha

whatever pass me the saltines and GET OFF MY LAWN!

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Saw it from a different angle.

Now it feels weird.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I haven’t played a video game since Pong

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  23. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Honestly I think people are way too hypersensitive. It would be different if this was not a common celebration for this team. There was no malice in their actions. Do we honestly have to get all worked up and diagnose everything now. Sheesh.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  24. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    There is absolutely no doubt about it. Caught up in the moment and, unfortunately, caught on camera.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Catcalling a 'troll'?

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2