1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Mitch regretting his decision to sign with the Steelers

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Animus, Jan 8, 2023.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    :facepalm:

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Another disgruntled Free Agent ... I just got to wonder what the Front Office is promising these guys when they come in?

I thought it was weird they were selling him as the starter as soon as he signed, and he himself was acting like the undisputed starter, when everyone knew we would draft a QB.

3. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Mitch needs to shut up. He was given an opportunity and like every other opportunity he’s been given in the NFL the last 6 years he blew it. Plain and simple. He’s a backup, nothing more, and the quicker he accepts that the better. Kinda tired of hearing and reading how he was somehow mistreated by the Steelers.

4. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    Tomlin is a below average coach but Mitch has one guy to blame, and that’s the guy in the mirror. That 3 INT game near or at the red zone cost the Steelers a playoff spot at the moment and he made those bad decisions like he has for years. Mitch is just not a starter in this league. He should stay a back up and make money doing that. It is what it is.

5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
  6. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
  7. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    I can't stop laughing at this one. :lolol:

8. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    There were people here not saying that months ago

9. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    Mitch lost his chance in the Jets game. Do something yo show us you have a pulse. He couldn’t.

10. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  11. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    The only thing I can say to Mitch is "Good Luck"

Washington has an opening.
    Sam Howell looks raw but showed more talent than Wentz and Beer Boy.
    Wentz will probably never see the field again.
    Henicke is a Free Agent and I am not sure they want to retain him as a backup.

12. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    my bad. I didn't see this thread last night.

13. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    A backup you say.....

The only game where he came in off the Bench he threw 3 Ints. I don't see much of a future for Mitch as a backup if he throws 3 Ints in games where he has to come in cold off the bench. He looked better a week later where they were able to build a game plan around him, but as a backup you need to have the flexibility to run the Starting QBs offense, and Mitch couldn't do that.

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    You started this post with a lie, claiming you didn't read the post. I never disputed that I had no problem with starting Trubisky over Rudolph. Tomlin even publicly said that he was looking at the entire resume of both players, not just what they did in preseason, which was the intelligent thing to do.

I never wrote that Trubisky would be great, just that he was a better option than Rudolph. That's a low bar.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2023
  15. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    See ....this is why I don't read what You write to Me. I have never ever ever said anything about relying on Josh Dobbs....I think He's a freaking joke. So go make some more Bull$hit up. :shrug:

16. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I went back and deleted that before I even saw your response. I realized your post focused on Rudolph. See, unlike you, I can admit that I wrote something that was incorrect and correct my error.

I eagerly await the time that you admit your errors in misrepresenting my previous posts about Trubisky and Canada.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't know why You b!+ch ,and cry with Me. Hell nobody on here agrees with You more....You just are stupid about Trubisky, and Mason. Not my fault. You can't use science to see how You are wrong. LoL

18. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    Please stop misrepresenting what others post. Pointing out that you made a false accusation and refuse to admit you can't back it up is not crying.

The statistical data backs me up, not you. Entering this season, the statistical indicators clearly pointed to Trubisky being a better option than Rudolph. All you have in your delusions about Rudolph is bluster.

19. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    Dobbs always reminded me of one of the bad guys in "The Omega Man"
    Or maybe a Missile Worshipper in the Planet of the Apes movies.

20. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    Trubisky only has himself to blame. He came in with a reputation for inconsistent play and poor decision making that leads to TOs. And that’s what he delivered most of the season when he did play.

If he’d stepped up and outperformed expectations, he’d still have a starting job. Realistically there are only a handful of teams where he might be considered a potential starter.

• Agree Agree x 1
  21. Steelrules

Steelrules Well-Known Member

May 12, 2013
    Some of us also regret Mitch signing with the Steelers. That said, Mitch had his chance but did not deliver.

22. Wolfepack88

Wolfepack88 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2022
    My buddy used to say Farve was the smartest guy. $7m to hold a clip board. Sign me up. Farve was taking all the cash he could get to hold the clipboard and put the ear piece in. Dude has to be self aware he doesnt have the skills to start. He had 60 games worth to prove it!!

• Winner Winner x 1
  23. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    This is on Mitch. I was in favor of bringing him in on the cheap. I wanted to see if he had improved and wanted to allow time for whatever QB we drafted to learn. We all knew the OL was going to struggle early, maybe all year, and I wanted a vet, especially a mobile one, to take snaps for a while. Further, I wanted that mobility to see if Canada's offense looked any different/better as well. Those last reasons are why I was not in favor of Mason starting.

Two things became very clear after the first month: 1) Mitch had not improved at all and 2) Pickett needed to play. Like most of these failed QBs, Trubisky has a nice highlight reel but just too many turnovers and bad decisions. He'll make a good pile of money being a backup the next decade, going home to his fancy house and hot wife. Nice work if you can get it. Some very desperate team may give him one more shot at starting but I kinda doubt that.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    More Stupid Bull$hit....like trying to say I thought Dobbs was our savior....when everyone on here knows I think Dobbs is a joke. I guess You are going to deny that????:shrug:
    You=:bscow::taunt:

25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    See, this is funny. I already admitted my error in a previous post. I know you saw me posting that I was wrong to attribute the Dobbs thing to you because you reacted to the post.

When I mess up, I admit my error as soon as I see it. When you mess up, as you did with your false claims about my preseason posts about Trubisky, you double down and insist that it's not that you can't back it up but you just refuse to do so.

I guess we can't all have integrity.