1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Le’Veon: I’m gonna show people Pittsburgh let something special go

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Hawaii 5-0, Sep 3, 2019.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    This is basically what I've been saying since he held out

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The reality is they miss Brown. Would he have been able to function here after all that happened? No. The accusations of sexual assault, rape and sexual harassment were the end of any chance he contributed this season. Of course, nobody here knew that until after Brown had joined the Patriots, but people do love to use hindsight on such matters.

That said, they absolutely miss his presence, just as they miss Roethlisberger's. That neither is able to play at this moment due to injury in one case and insanity/league suspension in the other does not change that fact.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    No, it points out why your question was irrelevant. You mentioned Brown in his prime. He was still great the first 15 games of 2018, but he was no longer in his prime.

When I talk about the Steelers missing a player, I don't think it makes sense to go back further than the last time that player was with the Steelers. Somebody claimed that the Steelers are doing just fine without Brown and Bell. That simply isn't true. Their absence is a big part of why the offense sucks.

4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey mcam.

Yes, I could go on all day long abut Bell, and Brown for that matter, as I usually associate one with the other. However, I will keep this post to Bell. I mean, I guess there is really nothing else to add to it except simply he "blew it". And from my understanding he may be released from the Jets anyway. Someone here did suggest for us to take him back at Veteran Minimum. I would be down for that.

I knew he was not going to have the kind of success with the Jets because of all the reasons I stated in previous posts: An O-Line built for his style of running, a great "O" supporting cast, Big Ben. He was never interested in the "setting the salary market for RBs". He is selfish and it was all about him getting his. Which, in part I get. He just went about it all the wrong way.

The man had a very strong possibility for the HOF if he stayed with the Steelers as well as winning some rings.However, once again, it was/is all about him and getting paid. His statistics this year are horrific but he is getting paid though and I really do not think he cares that much about his statistics, rings, HOF, etc.

Actually, as a teacher I could say the same about some employees believe it or not. A good part of the public think that most teachers choose the profession to help children. Not true. Some just want to collect the check. Grant it, teachers do not make a lot of money but still it is enough for some to be content whether their students are successful or not. Go B & G! Take care.

STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid

5. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Once again, Reality is not based on assumptions. Take a clue & look up Reality and assumptions.

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    So you didn’t understand the question.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    We are doomed.

• Like Like x 1
  8. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Formerscribe.

Yes, they definitely miss Brown and Ben. Brown just plain and simply screwed his own self. Ben obviously injury. Back to brown, I just do not get the coming out of the rape and sexual harassment issues after he left the Steelers. How did Management not know about these things or did they? I really hope they did not as I have always held our beloved Steelers in the highest of light regarding their promptness to act quickly and swiftly regarding these types of situations.

Although not perfect, the one thing that I have always admired about Steeler Management is to handle things In-House and not pull that "Oh, we will let the league process play itself out" trash like most teams do.

For example, when Santonio Holmes did one of his nutty things the week before the Giants regular season game of the Super Bowl XLIII winning season. It may have been for weed or reckless driving. I am not sure. Anyway, the point is management did not wait for the league to step in and delegate punishment they told him he was not playing in that game. In the end the Steelers end up losing that game but in the long run we win the Super Bowl and in big part to Holmes spectacular play; especially the final "O" drive and his unbelievable catch for the game winning TD.

I know that there are some contradictory examples that could be made about the Steelers. However, once again, I stated that they are not perfect but are the best at handling these type of issues before the league steps in IMO, and that in great part, is why they are my team.

9. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    There is no assumption involved. Brown was still a huge part of the passing game last year. The statistics back that up. They miss that production.

Spare me the condescension. Your posts aren't nearly good enough to earn it.

10. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    I understood and saw right through the question. Now you are going after me because you don't like being so clearly wrong.

11. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Formerscribe.

I tried to tell folks that once Brown and Bell left that there was going to be a major drop off in "O" production. However, there were those that believed that seamlessly, JuJu and Connor were going to fill those voids without missing a beat. Well, we see how well that is working out. I really believe even with Mason, Duck, or whoever at QB our "O" would be that much better with Brown and Bell. And if Ben was there, the B-B-B trio has well proven how potent they were. More fact than speculation IMO. Now, I am not a "I told you so" person. I just go by the facts and some intuition but in this case mostly facts.

12. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Do they? 7-1 the last 8 games, reality. Miss his production? assumption. You're better than resulting to attacking the poster scribe. Take your lumps & move on.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    :roflmao:only one run to the AFCCG. That's the eye opening fact.

14. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    What have bell and brown done this year? That's all the facts I need to see. Conner and juju have outplayed them this year without ben.

Per dollar paid for production we win by a landslide. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

I knew someone was going to bring this up. Might as well have been you my friend (smile). There have been many other teams in sports history that were stacked and never made it to the Super Bowl, World Series (how about the 90's Pirates, UGH!), Stanley Cup, etc. Given that, nothing is guaranteed in life as you know.

This much I do know, is that the three of them together were dynamic. I guess my question to you is this: Would you, Yes or No, still like to have Bell and Brown here now....without all of their historical drama and with their heads screwed on tight? I know that I sure would. Take care boss.

16. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    I won't mind if Bell had wanted to be a Steeler.
    They need to post some guards in case AB wants to weasle his way back into the building.

17. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey Roonatic.

Yes, I stated the same thing in another post in response to a poster who said bring him back for Minimum Veteran pay and take it from there. I could live with that and see how it plays out. I knew Bell was not going to have anywhere near the success with the Jets (if he has had any at all up to this point). You did not need a Crystal Ball to see that one coming.

In Pittsburgh, he had:
    • A great O-Line that adapted to his style of running and was able to execute with it.
    • A strong supporting cast on the "O".
    • And of course Ben.
    With the Jets, he has none of that. Honestly, we all know it was about the money; which in the end it all backfired on him. His so-called desire to setting the market salary for RBs was all a bunch of baloney. I think you and I would agree on that.

As far as AB, I would not know where to begin. Actually, yes I do. To start, a very, very stringent and thorough psychological evaluation. You know the kind if you are an astronaut possibly to be the first to travel to Mars, where his head seems to be. Do I want him back? Yes, I do but as stated in this paragraph he has really lost it. He, like Bell had everything going for him here in Pittsburgh. I truly believe that both of them could have made the HOF if they stayed here.

I still think given Brown's "Body of Work" purely from a statistical standpoint, dare I say it, can still possibly make the HOF. What do you think? Take care.

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Sorry, I’m not playing your little game. Everyone is on to you. :smiley1:

19. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
  20. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    This is true, but that's because our defense sucked. Now our defense is good but our offense sucks. Blaming Bell and Brown for us only reaching 1 AFCCG would be like blaming Watt and Haden if we dont reach the SB this year.

21. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    They were nuetered imo. Tomlin did it...lol

22. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Steelwinds just a friendly tip. When you reply, you don't need to preface your post with Hey Username. The person who you're replying to already knows through alerts. But if you want to continue that's fine just putting that out there. :smiley1:

23. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I get a kick out of it. I thought the same thing but my thinking is that this poster is a real gentlemen.

• Agree Agree x 1
  24. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey DukeDukeDaDaDa.

Oh Yeah. I already knew that (smile). Thanks for the "tip" though. I have been on many Discussion Boards in my lifetime.

I am actually a computer teacher (Amongst my numerous degrees.) who builds online classes for students who are too sick to attend school or who are suspended/expelled from school. So, part of it is my personal computer etiquette habits from working specifically with Discussion Boards. It is also like when I finish off a post. I put my Board Name and Nickname at the end as you will see below.
    (STEELWINDS AKA The East Side Kid). Once again, just my preference and style.

I guess I just take the posts very personal. Like I am in the room with you having a 1-1 conversation. If it bothers you (Hopefully not.) I will make a note of it not to address you that way (smile). Yeah, a couple of other posters (In a very respectful way.) stated the same thing.

Also, when I do start a thread, I really try to respond to everyone. I feel like if I put something out there, and someone takes the time to reply, I feel that I kind of owe it to that person to reply back. Unless, they write something totally off the wall and they are just trying to "bait" me into a non-sensical conversation or get me riled up. Not worth it. In those instances (Which are rare here.) I just refuse to get into it with that person and just ignore him/her instead. Take care.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2019
  25. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey steel machine.

Thank you for the compliment. Yeah, I try to be a "gentleman". If you want a little more detail as to why I write the way I do here, click on the link below. Take care.

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/le’veon-i’m-gonna-show-people-pittsburgh-let-something-special-go.22539/page-11#post-743159