1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Latrobe " Friday Night Lights"

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by jasper04, Jul 31, 2019.

1. jasper04

jasper04 Well-Known Member

Apr 26, 2012
    I'm happy to say the wife and I are heading to our first "Friday Night Lights" training camp practice. We haven't been to training camp in about 12yrs. I just got cleared from surgery, but can't go back to work yet, SOOO, SC**W IT. We're going to camp. It's just about 5 1/2 hr drive one way. we'll get to the hotel Thursday around midnight. So my question to Steeler Nation is, what would you suggest in the area while we are there? We have Sat and maybe Sunday to sight see or shop. Would like to keep most of it "Steeler" themed.

Thanks Allen & Cindy.

• Like Like x 5
  2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Not sure what all to recommend as we're from Ohio, but we were at training camp today (it was great!). We're staying in Delmont, and we ate dinner last night at Hoss's, which is my favorite steak place (although I've only been a couple of times because we don't live near one). Being from near Dayton, Ohio, I've only been to the Hoss's in Erie before, so it was a nice surprise to see one a few miles from our hotel.

• Like Like x 1
  3. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Thanks. We're from NE PA. We're staying At the Ramada in Greensburg. Hoss's isn't bad. I've stopped at them when out on deliveries.We were last at camp awhile ago and I'm sure things have changed in the area. It was hard enough to find/get a hotel. Most of the ones I knew have changed hands or are no longer there.

4. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Seven Springs Resort. Falling Waters , Kennywood Get to the Stadium early so you can get by
    the fences. this is where players will sign autographs if this is your goal.

Have a great time, you will see several retired Steelers there on the field. They pack them in.
    Parking can be tough at Latrobe.HS a lot of on street parking though.

Don't forget that Pgh is about an hour away depending on traffic Rt 30. Have fun.

Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Don't forget to throw the bag over Keith butler's head and drive away. Time can be spent doing that one night.:smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
  7. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Thanks Guys. I'm sure it will be a great time. Looking forward to seeing the Latrobe area again after so many years. Still just an old country/farm boy, just much older now. Might head to the Burg again. Hasn't been long since we were last there.

Allen.

8. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Tempting, Very Very tempting MAC, he does a good enough job of that on his own, Looking forward to seeing THIS yrs D, it has a lot of Promise, BUT, I'm sure I will find better things to do with the wife.:hehehe: It actually niece being empty nesters. Terry Bradshaw in "Failure to launch" has nothing on us. Only sad part about leaving town, is that our son just got engaged to his long time collage girlfriend last night. You would figure a Marine would have figured it out sooner, well better than even later. We would like to have more Grand children while we are in our early 50's. Looking forward to dedicating more time to the Steelers, like we use to. Actually Looking forward to the 5+ hr drive.

Allen

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    Have a great time. Sometimes the best vacations are when you just wing it. I hear ya on the grand kids, all I have is a grand puppy so far. Go stillers.:dancing::cool:

10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Go ride the new Steel Curtain at Kennywood.

11. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    Forgot about that. Don't know if The wife will go for it as I just got my staples removed a couple days ago.
    Thanks for the info.

Allen.

12. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    She could ride it and you hold her purse and take pictures.:smiley1::cool:

13. jasper04

Apr 26, 2012
    HA!! I do that now!! :bowdown:. Just got back to the hotel from Latrobe stadium. I'll post some pics in the coming days. She is getting warmed up after the early rain.:hehehe:

• Like Like x 1