1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Bell unlikely to report by Tuesday

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Nov 10, 2018.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would like to see Ramon Foster get a contract. He has been a loyal Steeler throughout his career. I know he is 32 but this guy has never gotten paid. Ramon Foster's CAREER earnings only top out at a little over 12 million dollars. For a player as consistent as Foster has been that's pretty low. Now that we have some extra money to spend I would love to see the Steelers keep Foster here on a 2 or 3 year deal.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I would like to pre order the "Remember Le'Veon Bell?" title. In 3 years, when Bell is rapping for loose change on the corner of Bigelow Blvd., I may want to do a retrospective.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
  3. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    This has gotten sad at this point.

4. takenoprisoners1

takenoprisoners1 Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2011
    Okay, like most others I wasn’t looking forward to the bell distraction so great if he doesn’t show up, but I’m a bit groggy this morning and out of sheer morbid curiosity I was wondering how every single person who has reported this all year may have gotten it so wrong (not that I expect reporters to do research or anything). When I hear loophole, I expect language like.... BUT if the summer solstice is on a Friday, and the player in question owns a jet ski, releases a rap album that sells less 100 copies, and frequents strippers with large derrières during his holdout period, then the team who franchises such a player the following year, must pay a penalty of a gazillion dollars.... because they’re not thinking clearly and it might be easy to get a gazillion dollars out of them.

I didn’t see language like that in the article. Where was the language that said top 5 of any position? I only saw ‘at the position,’ meaning the position of the player I assume. I really hope the interpretation is wrong, he doesn’t show up, and has to rely on rap royalties from the 84 people who currently hold his latest album....

• Like Like x 1
  5. Meanfish

Meanfish Member

Jan 18, 2016
    If this is true... who cares? He truly is a cancer. He has lied through his teeth and changed his story every week. I just don’t think he wants to play. I can’t stand seeing the “he doesn’t want to be a Steeler.” Really... where do you want to go? The Raiders could pay you and with your history, you’ll have a debilitating injury in the first week because they’re terrible. Good luck elsewhere

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    It's a combination of many things. That's why Dallas cant do anything and they have 3 all pro lineman

7. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    go away bell, just go away. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011

• Like Like x 1
  9. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    If this is right, then this is awesome!

10. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Just the facts, ma’am.

11. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    Try HERE.

12. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    In case you thought the Steelers may give in, Bill Cower just quoted Mr. Rooney: “You don’t reward players for not showing up”.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

Welp, this tweet didn't age well :facepalm:.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    LOL i thought he just tweeted that..

15. Frost33

Frost33 Well-Known Member

Sep 28, 2014
    I agree, let him go, don't cap him again, we can use that money elsewhere. However, can we stop this pipe dreamt hat Shazier will ever play again. Right now, I just want to see that dude walking normally again. He will never suit up and play football again. Its sad, because that dude could have been a HOF'er, but he was just too injured.

16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Do you have a Crystal ball?

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    Maybe Bell's been hanging out with Ricky Williams.

18. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Did he tweet this while taking a joyride with Lagarrette Blount?

19. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Who gives a crap? Move on from Bell. He is not worth the bandwidth to post about.

20. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Isn't exactly what he is doing...Is playing for money!

He sure the hell isn't worried about his "team"

21. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    The Steelers don't operate this way and that is a huge part of why they have had such consistent success for decades. You pay for what the player can give you going forward, not what he gave you in the past. That's how you win.

If they still think Foster can help them for a few years, then fine, pay the guy. I certainly wouldn't have a problem with a two-year deal. I doubt that will happen unless he takes a team-friendly deal because they have two viable replacements in Finney and Feiler.

• Agree Agree x 1
  22. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    I don't understand the thinking of fans who think it is a good thing for the Steelers if he doesn't return. Bell can help this team. Even out of shape, he's a much better option to give Conner a rest or step in if there is an injury than Ridley or Samuels. After a few weeks to get up to speed, he could give them another threat in the slot. He would give defenses another weapon they have to respect. Let's face it. There really is no reason for opposing defenses to respect Washington, Hunter or Heyward-Bey right now.

I get the frustration with Bell. I don't like the guy, either, but the Steelers are thin enough at running back and receiver that they can clearly use him. I don't think he is reporting at all and that is a bad thing for the Steelers.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  23. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Its more to do with what affect he has on the locker room. Not everyone in there is happy with him. Is it worth it to rock the boat?

Also, what Bell will you get? The guy giving his all to win a game or just enough not to get hurt.

Steelers are in a good place right now. Sure, he'd be a nice insurance policy but I have no problem with Bell not being here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  24. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    For me personally I’d rather take the chance on losing without him than winning with him.
    Again for me personally with the way Bell has conducted himself throughout this ordeal I don’t want this guy anywhere near this team now.
    JMO

• Agree Agree x 3
  25. Clive From PIT

Dec 14, 2015
    I think it’d be tougher on our offensive line, too. Different running style, and the longer they have to hold their blocks, the greater the chance of an injury.

• Agree Agree x 1