22 28.57%
  • 9-7

12 15.58%
  • 8-8

8 10.39%
  • 7-9 or worse

5 6.49%
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Question Steelers 2013 Regular Season Record?

Sign in to hide this ad

What will the Steelers 2013 regular season win/loss record be?

Senior Member blountforcetrauma's Avatar
    Maynardville TN... WAY BACK IN THE STICKS!
    Twitter
    DuckTalzWooHoo1
    I had actually mentioned a few months ago starting a thread like this and letting everyone make their preseason predictions and talk about how our d would do and our rookies and and all that and then have TTF lock it and then at the end open it back up for everyone to talk smack about how good they did. I'm still not ready to predict yet myself.
    BY THE POWER OF GRAYSKULL!!!

I am an eternal optimist, and it helps that we should have a healthy Big Ben, to start the season.
    It WILL hurt, that we probably won`t have a healthy Heath, for a game or 3, who knows?
    I ALWAYS have faith in LeBeau, and our D, as new-looking, as it might be...
    Realistically, It`s all a guess, and fortune telling... no one has a crystal ball, that can predict injuries/turnovers/bad(or good)calls by the ref`s, etc, that always seem to make or break a season...
    You can`t even really analyze strength of schedule, anymore, since teams change so many players/coaches in the offseason.
    I really do appreciate those who try to break it all down, and say because of this or that, we should win "x" number of games...
    Basically, I always hope for the best, and expect the worst...
    We play a game with a funny shaped ball, so you can never predict which way the ball will bounce, when it hits the ground(or if it will get stuck in the mud)...
    That`s what makes it fun, and makes the games worth playing... "On any Given Sunday!..."...
    All that said...
    The reason I am responding to this thread, and, am confident that we will have a fairly successful season, is...
    This team is full of pride, and they ALLL know they let themselves, and their fans down last year...
    They KNOW they are a better team than what they showed last year, and I truly believe that will show in the effort put forth this year...
    I DO NOT expect them to show up unprepared and lazy, against teams that they are "supposed" to beat...
    I think last year taught them a great lesson in that regard...
    Like I said, I am an eternal optimist. We have a long history of "playing down" to our competition, but I honestly have a gut feeling, that they learned their lesson about that, and the vets and coaches on the team, won`t let that happen again.
    Here`s hoping!!!....
    I am also quite sure there will be a couple games, where unexpected things happen, and we wind up losing a couple games we should have won.
    SO... I expect no less than 12 regular season wins, and a trip to trophy number 7!!!
    There are 31 other teams in the National Football League....And then....
    there are the PITTSBURGH STEELERS!!!

Welp, I'm too proud of myself for creating my 1st ever poll here to go and ruin it with my prediction just yet either, so give me a day or two.

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    What will the Steelers 2013 regular season win/loss record be?

Lets get through camp along with viewing some pre-season games before going out on a limb for the season!

We're coming from everywhere. We play with 15 guys in the huddle. We have guys parachuting from airplanes, fans coming from out of the stands to help us go after people. -Kevin Greene.

I think that being a *20-1 shot here in Vegas to win the Lombardi will make us play the underdog card all year. We always do well when the media and the talking heads say we are old and slow. 11-5.

* we are favorite by 7 to the Titans on opening day-- go figure

Administrator TerribleTowelFlying's Avatar
    Twitter
    @TheSteelersFans
    I'm in. I voted 11-5 or better. Here we go, Steelers! Here we go!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy View Post
    Welp, I'm too proud of myself for creating my 1st ever poll here to go and ruin it with my prediction just yet either, so give me a day or two.
    Hey, good job.

I voted better than 11-5. as always 13-3.

No record prediction yet, but ...

I did watch the replay of the 2012 Oklahoma vs Oklahoma St game from about the mid 3rd quarter onward and I will predict that there is NO way we can hide Justin Brown on the practice squad.

I went with 11-5 but I think it's going to be 12-4. We lost some pieces but imo nothing like the year before. We a lot deeper this year and I think even as a rookie bell is better then anything we had last year. This really all just depends on the health of the line and Ben. Those two stay healthy and we will be tough to beat.

There is so much talent but so many variables. I think it's a "hearts and minds" campaign in the locker room that will be the deciding factor this season. If the "management" can get the talent to buy in it can be 15-1 but if the worm turns...
    Obviously I need a new Sig, obviously.

I was really torn between 10-6 and 9-7; after a coin toss, I voted 10-6.

Defense: should be sound and get a few more turnovers.
    Offense: will have "growing pains" but some better.
    Special Teams: likely most improved unit this year.

I predicted 9-7 at best for the 2012 season. Since we haven't even made it to training camp yet I'll stick with that until we've made it through training camp and played 3 or 4 preseason games.

Since we were first to 3, 4, and 6 we'll be 19 and 0
    As someone on the old board said
    THEY SUCK! WE'LL CRUSH THEM!
    but, I'll take 8-8 as long as we end up 12-8

Went with 11-5 or better. I think it will be a 12-4 season just because they want to get that crappy 8-8 taste out of their mouths.

If they go 8-8 again or <.500 this season then major, major changes will be needed.

Twitter
    flutter
    we start out 9-0
    then finish 9-7 because Ben will have hurt his shoulder but insist on playing costing us the next 3 then have no choice but to sit out and heath miller is our qb because ......

yeh, it's just too early to predict

just hope it's better than last year
    Hey CC, they say your jiving game can't be changed
    you don't need the bullet when you got the ballot
    are you up for the down stroke CC.

My heart says 12-4.

But I went with my head that says 10-6. Of course, it's a long way off still. My heart may in fact be right. My head is a pessimist/realist.
    "Look, I’ve been watching the game films since I took the job. And I can tell you guys that the reason you’ve been losing is not because of your attitude, or your psyche, or any of that stuff. The problem is you’re just not good enough. You know, you can’t run fast enough, you can’t jump high enough, you’re not quick enough. Your techniques are just abysmal. I’m probably going to have to get rid of most of you...and we’re going to move on.” Chuck Noll

i said 10 6 ,
    potential loss :in london at balt at cincy at greenbay and boston then we will drop one with some garbage team as we always do.we have a favourable schedule ( i know ususally work vs us ) but we are not so strong to fight too much good teams this year
    FREAK (IT)

Quote Originally Posted by Ray D View Post
    My heart says 12-4.

But I went with my head that says 10-6. Of course, it's a long way off still. My heart may in fact be right. My head is a pessimist/realist.
    "Pessimist/realist" is not a term that should apply to the Pittsburgh Steelers. Take that crap to Cleveland.
    If you don't know how the story ended, or could just use a feel-good pick-me-up, watch this when you have 15 minutes: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F3y6v2G97pg

Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    I predicted 9-7 at best for the 2012 season. Since we haven't even made it to training camp yet I'll stick with that until we've made it through training camp and played 3 or 4 preseason games.
    for the first time ever i agree with something you said.. i too voted for 9-7... i think we are 8-8 and some how we will pull one of the games i think we lose.. we pull it out to win it .. althought last year we always found a way to LOSE where we used to find ways to WIN the close ones.. hopefully we regain that magic..

I dropped direct TV, I decided I wasn't going to waste my money for sunday ticket to get another 8-8 season, good news is they will probably win more without me watching, I voted for a 9-7 season expecting to be surprised with maybe a 12-4...

I voted 10-6. The Young O-Line must come through big time, protecting Ben, and generating a run game!

I will make my "informed" prediction after the THIRD pre-season game, when the starters are in through the third quarter.
    "I think this is probably the best team ever assembled. They talk about the Vince Lombardi era, but I think the Chuck Noll era is even greater."
    --Mel Blount

Pitt 11-5 , Cinc 10-6 , Balt 9-7 , Clev 7-9,

Quote Originally Posted by JackAttack 5958 View Post
    I will make my "informed" prediction after the THIRD pre-season game, when the starters are in through the third quarter.
    Me too.