1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Polamalu's future

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersrule6, Sep 29, 2014.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I hope he retires after the season, so it's not another situation like Hines Ward a older veteran who isn't a effective player anymore then they have to release him. He gives the CBs no help in coverage, too many missed tackles and penalties. Shamarko should be getting more playing time he can't be any worse than some of the guys playing ahead of him. It's time to move on let Shamarko start in 2015.

2. freakfontana

freakfontana

Oct 19, 2011
    i will tell you what i think about most of our players (troy included) in one month , to me there are a lot of them still out of shape .. expecially on defense , that's tell you why we are wearing down in 4 quarters

3. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    His future is in the secondary where he belongs. He spends too much time around the LOS,especially with our CB situation in shambles. He is as much to blame on that last TD as Gay.

4. bigsteelerfaninky

bigsteelerfaninky Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    AS much as I hate to say it I am starting to agree whats it been 4 games and Im not sure troy has made One big play
    normally he wouldnt go 1 quarter without making a big play

5. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
  6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    carnell lake, (bad word) LeBeau, mike tomlin. should our two head coaches and two defensive Co-O's get involved more? are they capable of teaching better corner play or safety play for that matter?

carnell played a long time but he has not been coaching DB's a long time. he played everything from LB.S and CB. does he know enough to teach our guys the CB spot? he played in a zone blitz defense here. can he teach them to man up better? can he teach a smaller corner enough technique against a big man? he was a big guy himself so it didn't matter as much for him. is this even a problem? I don't believe it has ever been discussed. lake hasn't been here coaching troy long. does he know how to teach guys to cover for troy when he still tries to be troy?:cool:

7. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I truly believe Troy is done after this season

8. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    I agree 100%

9. AFan

AFan Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
    He might be done now.

10. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I don't want to think about this at all; Troy is one of my favorite ever. He even said we need to practice better, that is what this whole team is lacking. I hope Troy finishes strong even if he retires cause I want him to be a first ballot HOF'er

11. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    I'm not sure that Troy will be done physically after this season. If anything I'd say he'll be mentally done after this $***show currently taking place. Either way, I agree with you...it will be a sad day when he walks away

12. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    I was saying after the rats game that I honestly feel bad for Troy because it seems he's the only guy that actually gives a crap. I said that night that I wouldn't be surprised if Troy hung it up after this year if we do really bad and he sees no end in sight. I hope that doesn't happen though because he is one of my all time favorite players in ANY sport. Even if he's not exactly "himself" he is still capable of making a play that we will all remember for years to come and that's what I love about him.

13. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    He should retire after this season. I'm sure he knows he is a liability in coverage. He has nothing left to prove. He will be in Canton.

14. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    That is one induction I will be attending!!

15. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    I could see myself doing that too. His speech will probably only be like 2 minutes though. LOL.

16. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    99 percent sure Mitchell and Thomas will be the safety tandem next year, and should be. Use the cash we save with Troy gone to sign a quality corner. Both moves improves the defense greatly.

17. Steelcop

Steelcop Well-Known Member

Nov 20, 2011
    I'm still holding onto my own selfish hopes that he plays forever; heck I'd still like to see Peezy, the Bus, Lambert, Joe and a lot of other playing. I'm not happy with father time right now haha!

18. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    hahaha...very true. I also would like to go if Hines Ward gets in...but I think he's going to be shunned for atleast 5-10 years

19. blountforcetrauma

Oct 23, 2011
    Yeah it shamefully took forever for Andre Reed and it probably will for Hines as well. MAYBE he might get in a little quicker since he has a SB MVP on his resume but if The Bus hasn't made it in yet I don't think Hines will get in quick either.

20. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
  21. Ratkomladic

Ratkomladic Well-Known Member

Oct 6, 2013
    Agree, no impact anymore, but lots of stupid penalties, lost his speed 2 years ago.

22. dinochoppers

dinochoppers Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2014
    The defense has changed in a way that doesn't allow him the freedom to change his filed coverages like before. He has to "back up" too many inferior players right now. Is he just as fast?? Did anyone really see any times? He is playing smarter, with wrap up tackles instead of throwing his body into every tackle, risking injury. Since his tackling style has changed so has his speed. That doesn't mean get rid of him. He has an uncanny knack for understanding and reading opponents, and where the ball is. We don't have anyone prepared to fill that.

23. contract

contract Well-Known Member

Jan 11, 2014
    Hines was a better WR than Bettis was a RB. And there's a "Hines Ward Rule" in the books to protect defensive players from vicious WRs. There's no way he doesn't make it in quickly.

24. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    He probably should retire at the end of this season. He just seems to be slower than I expected. He will certainly be missed. Truly a Steeler legend, and a great person. The same could be said for Dick L.

We loved you both, but sadly it's time.....:applaud:

25. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    Oh how I hope you're dead-on with this!