1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Help needed: Making first trip to Heinz Field

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rhys Lightning 63, Nov 28, 2019.

1. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    So I'm flying over from the U.K for the Buffalo game and I'm looking for a few tips regarding going to Heinz Field... couldn't have picked a worse season to make the trip could I?

First off is parking/ travel. I'm staying in Homestead and want to know what's the best way to get to the game from there. Will parking be plentiful on the day, or is pre-booking more or less a necessity? Where's the best place to park given either option.

And on that, what's traffic usually like on game day, what time should I be setting off if I want to be in my seat by say 12:15.

What's the policy on outside food/beverages? Stadiums over here vary so want to know if I can sneak in a Hershey bar or if I'm gonna be frisked and probed.

I'm also gonna be taking in the Penguins game the night before against the Kings, and wanna know roughly the same thing.

Any help appreciated

2. Rhys Lightning 63

Rhys Lightning 63 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2015
    Plus any other little nuggets of advice wouldn't go amiss. Like where's the best Primanti Bros

3. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    The original primantis on the strip hands down. I would uber/lyft to the stadium a couple hours early personally... Quite a few places around the stadium for food and drink. Screw driving/parking in that traffic.
    After the game walk to the Duquesne inclines (it's not too bad of a hike) and take a ride up the mount and walk down to the platforms to get some nice views of the city. After that, the uber/lyft fees and availability should drop back down for yinz.

There is a main thread for things to do in Pittsburgh as well... Scour that one out. Have a blast it's a very cool place especially on game day.

4. CanadianSteel

CanadianSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2011
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Dress warmer than you think you should, it can get quite cold
    in all this steel and concrete. Try not to navigate Pgh pa roadways
    it is tough enough for us locals to drive, let alone people that are not use to driving in this topography.

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Don't listen to ward. Wear no shirt, wear a black and gold curly wig and paint your body black and gold so you get on tv. :smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Homestead? I'd drive to the clipper and take the clipper over. Make your life easier and nice experience. It's going to be cold. I'd be on the first clipper over. Give you a hour or two before the gates open. You should be able to get a Hershey bar in, I got a beer in once. Pens game? I'd just park in one of the lots near stadium. A little traffic but not too bad. Best Primanti's is in the Strip District. They have one in the stadium. Not as good but if your in a pinch and to say you tried it.

8. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I'll be at that game and also going to the Penguins game.