1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Buying Jerseys at games

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Chris C, Nov 7, 2019.

1. Chris C

Chris C Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Hey folks,

Ill be visiting the 'burgh for the first time in a couple of weeks for the Browns game.
    Question, are you able to buy jerseys before a game? My partner doesnt have one so im going to let her have my Bettis one for the day and I really want to pick up a Polamalu colour rush, everything I have found on the internet machine seems to give conflicting info. I can see theres a shop but it seems to only be open until 5pm saturdays and is closed sunday? Over here in rainy UK the shops make all their money on game days so seems a bit odd to not be able to?

Any help advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    Yes, there are shops that should be open when the doors to the stadium open.
    That being said, if you're in town the day before, head down to the Strip District, and you can find pretty much any type of Steelers merchandise you want, both authentic and less so.
    https://www.discovertheburgh.com/strip-district-guide/

• Like Like x 1
  3. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Yes, I recommend arriving shirtless.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  4. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I believe that rule only applies to partners. ;)

5. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I always wonder what out of town folks (this case the U.K.) think when they are pointed to "the Strip District" to dine, shop, hang out. In most urban settings this term would be reserved for the underbelly section of town, especially in towns with nearby military bases (San Diego, Long Beach, San Fran etc). I know it doesn't mean this in Pgh but it's still a term (albeit archaic) synonymous with Red Light District, Tenderloin District, Entertainment District etc. In Vegas the term still applies to both geography and night life. ;)

6. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    When my niece was about twelve we told her we were taking her to the strip district. She climbed on the back floor and pulled a blanket over her head. She didn’t want to see naked people.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  7. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome

If you are going to the game you can certainly buy full price jerseys there. They great hall has a store with a very good selection. There is a store on east general Robinson street just east of Heinz Field with a good selection. There will be some street vendors. But if you are around Saturday am, go to the strip district.

Strip District: Penn avenue from 17th on up.

More info:

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/t...n-pittsburgh-while-visiting-for-a-game.18735/

8. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Post pics

9. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Just to be clear, the phrase “partners” has expanded over the years.

My wife (female) and I (male) (just to clarify) were recently in Provincetown MA. The proprietor of our B & B was telling us about the different yearly LGBT events, including “Bear” week. I was going to post a pic but I couldn’t make myself do it. :huh:

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019
  10. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    you guys gotta start buying these jerseys cheaper on various sites

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    So true JEH. Back when you and I were starting out in the dating world, a woolly mammoth would have been considered a good nocturnal partner, back before fire was discovered. :lolol:

• Like Like x 1
  12. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    There are outside vendors a lot of stuff they sell is knock off China specials. Inside the stadium there are several stores selling jerseys and will gladly take you money

13. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I agree but there is a huge difference in quality. If I'm traveling across the pond like they are I'm buying top quality just for memories sake.

14. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    Ah, the good old days! Broadway, Horton Plaza and the Gaslamp quarter here used to be "The Strip District" Very close to where Petco Park is now.

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I need new jersey, but I want someone from the 90s era...

I think the only ones they make are Bettis.

I want a Lloyd or Kirkland, aside from making my own for $300, I guess I would need to resort to Alibaba?

16. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    But seriously... let me handle this yinz, I'm cultured.

The shops at stadium are definitely open on game days. You probably looked when no game was going on. It's not like soccer "football" Where you pick a kit and they print player on there. The really nice jerseys are stitched and going to run you like 200 quid. The shop at the stadium has really nice stitched throwbacks you can't find other places. If you want a cheapo jersey then you can go to one of the many sports stores in town. Probably a few bucks cheaper too. Also, since they don't print them on. They might have a jersey you like but not your size. I recommend planning to enter stadium when gates open for first game. Gate A to your right hit the Steelers Hall of Fame then straight shot to shop. The shops are small and sometimes a line to get in. Cheers mate.

17. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Yes, when I visited I was pointed in this direction. You can only imagine my dismay when the "strip" was not what I was expecting. I turned several twenties into ones. I think I'm still trying to get rid of them!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Chris C

Chris C Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Thanks for all the replies folks, Ill defo be getting a legit one from the stadium, sounds stupid but ive been a steelers fan for 16 years now and this will be my first visit so i'd like to have a jersey bought from the stadium that I can have as a keepsake even if it will be 5x the price of one I can get on the internet at the moment :)

As for the strip district, that'll be the first place we head to when we get in on saturday, got to start the trip off right with a trip to Primanti Bros!

• Like Like x 1
  19. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    This is an awesome post, enjoy your time and have fun......and most of all bring us home a win! :drinks:

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. SC Gamecock

SC Gamecock

Oct 18, 2011
    with all due respect, there may be a difference, but it sure as hell isn’t “huge,” not when considering the HUGE difference in price!

but, to each his own...

21. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Not to mention player loyalty how many of us have Bell or AB jerseys that we all want to burn.......I feel a lot better about burning a $20 jersey that a $300 one.....lol

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. santeesteel

santeesteel

Oct 17, 2011
    I've only been to Pittsburgh once. I couldn't afford a jersey from the stadium but, made sure I got a stadium bought Terrible Towel!
    I think I'm in the minority but, I ate at Primanti's in the strip and didn't care for it. That's just me. I'm not a fan of coleslaw.

23. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My friend they will be atleast 2o% over what you should pay for a Jersey.