1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

How Many of You Actually Like the Steelers?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TheMatrixHasYou, Sep 11, 2018.

1. You Like The Team

32 vote(s)
    88.9%
  2. Don't Like The Team

4 vote(s)
    11.1%
  1. TheMatrixHasYou

TheMatrixHasYou Well-Known Member

Mar 6, 2018
    No one in my family was an athlete but I was. I'm from California so I didn't really get the Steeler games unless it was the playoffs or super bowl. I don't know why I liked the Steelers at first, I guess it was because they were the best.

The boys at school thought the Cowboys were going to win the super bowl. I didn't know one way or the other but I said the Steelers were going to win and I started naming the good Steeler players. The Steelers won and that did it. I was a fan for life.

2. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    I liked the Steelers since i was 10 years old (1978) I don't think i have missed watching a game in 30+ years.. I'll only watch games alone bcause i don't wana jinx them by watching with others..lol, also if the Steelers arn't playing i don't care if i watch the NFL or not

3. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    These Steelers no.. Past Steelers yes

4. dirty

dirty Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Define like. :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I'm not sure I understand the point of this question in the steelers fan website.

Maybe it's just too vague for my understanding.

• Agree x 3
    • Hilarious x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Informative x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    If you don't like the Steelers in an acceptable way apparently you are a Ravens fan. Seems like patchwork reasoning but who am I to make waves

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I thought maybe it was an allusion to how pretty much all we do is complain about the team.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’m not a fan at all. I have 32 forum accounts for all teams and waste time posting threads on useless topics lol

• Hilarious Hilarious x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I bow down to your dedication as a fan. That is way way too much work for me. If I was to do that it would cut into my Star Wars fandom and that already cuts my hockey time in thirds.

• Like Like x 1
  11. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I will be the first to admit that I am a major complainer when I see things that I do not agree with. I criticize this team to the point that I'm sure half of my gray hair can be attributed to it. I praise them when they do well and I bash them when they perform poorly. That makes me a fan through and through. I obviously spend a bunch of time and money following this franchise. I love them and hate them within the same game often. So, therefore, Yes, I Like the team and No, (at times) I don't like the team. That's why I feel the question, albeit fair, is just too vague to make the choice. Of coarse I like the team but with Fitzgerald Toussaint returning KO's for instance, I hated it at the same time.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    [​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
    • Winner Winner x 4
  13. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    What you have to understand is that everyone has a different personality and way of expressing things. Different priorities. Different backgrounds, etc. Etc. Etc..

Some of the biggest complainers here literally BLEED Black and Gold. They wear their hearts on their sleeves. So yeah. They're going to be upset with a poor performance. And they're going to be ecstatic with a great one. Their souls live and die with the team's success. It's not strange, nor is it their hating the team.

I wrote this way back when this site first launched. The whole debate about what are appropriate ways to react to wins and losses or bad games, bad seasons, etc. goes way back. It was happening in the usenet days. It caused near civil wars on the old official forum. And it carried over to this site in its infancy. I'll just leave this here:

http://thesteelersfans.com/forums/threads/what-kind-of-fan-are-you.77/

Last edited: Sep 13, 2018
    • Like Like x 5
  14. Mailman

Mailman Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2017
    Fan since Franco’s immaculate reception when I was 11 years old!Not sure of the question as I think 99.999 of the posters are very passionate about the Steelers or they wouldn’t be on this site!Various opinions on how we show our admiration for the team are different which is a good thing!It would be pretty boring if everyone had the same method of operation of expressing their opinions!

15. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Had no choice really, it was in my DNA. Born and raised in Pittsburgh and had a Father who had season tickets from right after WWII until we moved to Cali in '65. Me and my 2 Brothers and 2 Sisters all love the Steelers - always have, always will in thick and thin. My two girls and now their husbands and their children are all huge Steeler fans. Also a huge Pirate, Penguin and Pitt Panther fan even though I've now lived in La La land for way longer than I care to think. So yes, this is a very easy question to answer for me - I LIKE THE STEELERS! I've seen it all from the worst teams you could possibly imagine to the best teams ever to take a football field in the NFL. I am giddy elated when they win and terribly depressed when they lose. But there is no other football franchise I'd rather be a 6 decade fan of, not even close. :steelflag:

16. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    My friend I bleed black and Gold. Greatest team on the planet. Been fan
    for over 50 years. I can't believe this is even being asked on a Steeler forum.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2018
  17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Umm...

The title of the forum is The Steeler Fans

I think someone is having a “what’s your sign” moment.

:facepalm:

18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    This is like walking into an Irish pub on Saint Patrick’s day and questioning people if they are Irish. :lollmao:

• Like Like x 1
  19. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I am a real fan just like my friend pimply dan

20. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    You're not a real fan otherwise you would act like this ______________. My fan boner is bigger than yours... blah blah blah. What a ridiculous thread.

• Winner Winner x 2
  21. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Born and raised in the Burgh thus a fan of all 3 Pro teams. I left Pittsburgh after High School but always remained a Burgh boy.

Always was amazed how many Steeler fans I've met over the years who have never been to Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 1
  22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Haha. I too remember that famous post years ago.

• Like Like x 1
  23. jimmyallen45

jimmyallen45 Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Fan since '72. I believe that if you were a fan during the 70s Super Bowl years, it changes your perspective as opposed to someone who became a fan later (I realize that it is an accident of birth in almost all cases).
    I recall a poster here whom I found consistently negative, and later found in interaction with that person, that they missed the 70s years and instead was introduced to the team in the Mark Malone era.

In any case, speaking solely for myself- there is no better time for the team you root for to be successful than when you are a little kid. There was no greater team for a little kid to root for than the 70s Steelers. Therefore, although I can become frustrated with the team now and again, the franchise gets a free pass for life from me.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. 69-2now

69-2now Well-Known Member

Aug 28, 2017
    I only troll here I'm a Pats fan :clapping:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Informative Informative x 1
  25. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Do I like the Steelers? Yes. Do I like that the team blew a 14 pt. lead to Cleveland? No. Do I like that they committed 6 turnovers? No. Is Bell a selfish prima donna? Yes.
    At the age of 81 as well. That is impressive.
    Jimmy Allen - this was me in a nutshell. I became a fan in 1971 because I liked the name Mean Joe Greene. Once the Immaculate Reception happened in 1972, it was sealed for life that I would be a Steelers fan.