1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

1st trip to Heinz, need advice (please)!! :)

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by StefanieAzz, Apr 15, 2016.

1. StefanieAzz

StefanieAzz New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    So, I'm from IL. Boyfriend grew up a huge Steelers fan. I'm wanting to surprise him with a trip/tickets to Heinz this year.. Specifically the 10/23 NE vs PITTS game.. I'm surprising him for our four year anniversary, also in Oct and I want him to be blown away. So I'm needing advice from anyone who's had an exceptional experience at Heinz.. Club seats, VIP treatment.. Any and all inclusive deals I can get.. I prefer sideline seats (who doesn't) and perhaps halfway up - I don't like to be too close I need to see everything going on. All suggestions and opinions welcome. Thanks in advance! :)

2. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Club seats for that game will be pricy but it's a good way to go. You can go in early, eat, etc. Easier time getting into the restrooms. Good seats.

• Like Like x 2
  3. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Welcome to the board.We have a bunch of great Folks on here. We may sling some mud at one another and we may look at things thru our own personal scopes, but at the end of the day we all Love this Team....Welcome..

• Like Like x 1
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    • Like Like x 1
  5. SteelerBark

SteelerBark Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    My wife treated me for my 40th birthday. Great experience.

1. Pick a team who we likely will beat. Winning makes it that much better.
    2. Club level seats are the way to go. We went early and stayed late. Restrooms, beer, food easily accessible. Definitely worth the splurge.
    3. We stayed at the Fairmont. Great downtown location. On game day it's an easy walk along the river to the stadium and the atmosphere walking with other fans is awesome.

Have fun!

• Like Like x 1
  6. StefanieAzz

StefanieAzz New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Thank you!

7. StefanieAzz

StefanieAzz New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Thank you for taking the time to provide me the helpful feedback! Picking the game: I grew up a Patriots fan, so I think the NE game would be perfect for us to have some fun competition! The river walk with a pumped up crowd sounds perfect, will definitely look into the Fairmont! I saw tickets for section 235 that were like $7-800 a piece I imagine the club level will be more expensive? Do you know where/how to go about getting them? I want to make sure I'm getting the right seats.
    Thanks again! :D

8. BigBensBigBong

BigBensBigBong Well-Known Member

Dec 14, 2014
    You said: "I grew up a Patriots fan."

I never thought a Patriots fan and a Steelers fan could even be in love with each other. That`s irreconcilable differences right there, lol!

Have fun at the game.

9. StefanieAzz

StefanieAzz New Member

Apr 15, 2016
    Hahaha! Our love of the game brought us together lol. I think it helps that while we both are not necessarily huge "fans" of each others' teams, we both have respect for them. They are both incredible teams! :D The smack talk is part of the fun. Flirting at its finest.

10. Dean

Dean Well-Known Member

Mar 1, 2016
    What a household that would make! Love it. And a nice, nice present for your Boyfriend's B-day. Welcome to the board by the way. :) Happy to have you.

11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Well said PWP :thumbs_up:

12. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
  13. TheSteelHurtin2188

TheSteelHurtin2188 Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    BAN HER! BAN HER NOW! LOL I'm just kidding.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    I always use Stubhub. Way too early to grab tickets, in my opinion. Prices are the highest they'll be right now as the schedule just came out.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    If going for club seats, go 229-240. Steelers side of the field. Club seats are a good level, not to high, not to low.

16. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Thanks .

17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    At least this is better than Bengals fans, who apparently never "grow up".

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  18. Kevin James

Kevin James Well-Known Member

Feb 11, 2012
    From 3 experiences. Don't bring someone wearing a Ravens jersey with you. And bundle up, it is really cold inside the stadium, even if it feels ok in the parking lot, it will be cold inside. Take the Ferry to the game. Ride the incline. Prepare to get all the bridges mixed up.

19. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Good luck, nice gesture for your man. Turn him on to this board i'm sure he will like it...

20. Chris Pye

Chris Pye Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    So are you saying the price will go down? I really wanted sideline seats for the KC game but they are a little expensive right now ($400 was a bit more than I had imagined they would be).

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
  21. EddieBurro

EddieBurro Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2016
    Prices always start out high as soon as dates are announced. Super Bowl tickets started out at $4,000 apiece after the match-ups were set. They found their way down around the $1,800 mark a week later.

If you're talking sideline seats . . . that's a bit of a different story. Heinz lower level in the twenty or so rows behind the Steelers bench between the forties will stay relatively steady in price.

Another factor is how many seats you need together. If you're talking 3-4 seats together, you might want to buy sooner than later as it (obviously) becomes more difficult to find 3-4 together the more time goes by as pairs get sold and 3-4 together starts becoming obsolete. This isn't a venue that sits a quarter or half empty so anything more than 2 together and you're gonna wanna get in earlier and spend a little more to secure that option.

I will say that I've sat about everywhere you can imagine at Heinz and my favorite seats are upper deck, first five or so rows, as close to midfield as possible. Best vantage point, by far. Lower level can be cool as well. I watched a family in the lower level go down near the bench after the game, waited and waited even after the players left, and received a game ball from an equipment manager.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  22. Chris Pye

Chris Pye Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Alright thanks for that. There is only two of us going but as it will probably be a once in a lifetime trip I am willing to spend a little more money on the tickets. I've seen tickets on block 133 and 136 (around the 30-40 yard line) for between $310 - $360 each so I think I'll probably go for those. If you were going for the lower tier, what row would you say is best to get a good experience? I typically think the closer you can get to the field the better, especially in English Football but I'm not so sure with American Football.

23. BobbyBiz

BobbyBiz Well-Known Member

Nov 30, 2011
    It is waaaaaaay too early to buy tickets. I just looked at Stubhub and the Club Seats are outrageous. $700-$900 a ticket. Please don't pay that. We haven't even been invoiced for our tickets yet, let alone received them, so what is 'available' is just people selling them without even having them in hand.

Club tix are generally in the mid 200s face value so expect to pay at least that, but if you are patient you can probably score them for under $300 each.

If you can stomach it, I would book everything (travel and hotel plans) and wait until <1 week before the game to buy the tix on Stubhub and buy the ones with the instant electronic download that way you eliminate the USPS/UPS/FedEx getting involved. There will be tickets and you will get the best deal this way.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  24. Chris Pye

Chris Pye Active Member

Jan 8, 2016
    Seems a bit of a risk to me but I'm willing to trust you. I just don't want the possibility of waiting too long and not getting good seats. So just out of interest, do the tickets not go on general sale from the club? Or is it people with way more money than me just buy them all and sell them for a huge profit?

25. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    I actually agree. The past two years I have booked my hotel early but have waited to the last week to buy tickets. Tickets will generally only go down from here. Check often though on prices as a great deal could always pop up quickly and it will not last long.