1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Youngstown, now Memphis, Life-long Browns fan.

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by The Browns Blow, Aug 31, 2017.

1. The Browns Blow

The Browns Blow New Member

Aug 31, 2017
    Hello Steeler vermin, and I say that in the most respectful manner possible.

I go back to the days of Jim Brown and Myron Cope helping him write "Off my Chest". Yoy, am I the only Browns fan that loved the guy? I earned much of my living selling water purification technology in and around the Pittsburgh area. AGH, Montifiore, Presby, CMY, U of P....on and on it goes, Pittsburgh was my second home.

While my roots go a long way back to the Browns, I have also had the greatest admiration for the Steelers and the people of that area. I also got to play a lot of polka/ethnic music in the day, and again, the area is home to me.

Traditionally, I hated the Steelers 2 times a year. Bradshaw is the greatest QB I ever saw, just love the guy.

So, our once great rivalry turned into the Brown lining up to get a **** sandwich and a kick in the nutsack. Hard for an old Brownie to switch allegiance, but I also go back a long way with the Steelers. Have an autographed pic with the Great Dick Hoak, am old enough to know Bill Belsen as both a Steeler and a Brown, and even remember when you guys were called the Rooneymen.

I am the infamous Ghoolie around the message boards.

I look forward to opening day. I gave the points because I think this latest Browns team is a lousy as last year's.

Talk to ya after the opener.

• Like Like x 1
  2. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    If you played in Polka bands around here, especially Cleveland style, then my parents and their friends probably saw you. BTW, the Browns appear to be headed in the right direction.

3. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    How long for the antalytics approach to get canned & the Browns get competitive again?

4. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    As a Steelers fan living in Ohio, I've never really disliked the Browns. Probably because the rest of my family are Browns fans (my dad and my brother are, and my grandfather was, too). I grew up near Cleveland, but moved closer to Cincinnati. Now the Bengals I really dislike, but that's a different story.

5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
  6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Welcome here