1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Would I be a fool to start the Steelers Defense against the Ravens this week in FF?

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by mcam, Sep 28, 2018.

1. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I'm conflicted :smiley1:. Have been contemplating sitting them this week.

The other defense I have is the Vikings. They got crushed with -7 points against the Rams. So good choice not to go with them LMAO.

The Steelers actually are tied with the 6th most points in FF in my league (were tied with the Vikings). Ints, Fumbles (forced and recoveries, etc despite how poorly they've played.

The defense has been abysmal so far, but for some reason I'm thinking the defense is in for a big game. The reason being playing this team so much.

But.. Flacco is playing hot with 900 something yards in three games. They played great against us last year after Shazier went down.

Tough decision. I might be best off sitting the defense this week. Not sure if I have the heart to though.

I'm thinking they might pull off a big performance this week, but the fact I'm a fan might be clouding my reason lol

2. steelcurtainmrp

steelcurtainmrp Well-Known Member

Nov 15, 2016
    Anyone available in FA is plays a terrible offense?

3. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Steelers defense vs a Ravens team that has failco, who btw is pretty good at Heinz, as well as we can't stop the run or TE's... yeah I expect them to go off for 30+

4. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    At some point, the D will almost shut down someone having a bad day.

I’m trying to figure that out as I have the Eagles D and gotta fill that Bye week.

5. Steelcitian

Steelcitian Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2017
    I have the Eagles D also, but I also have the option of the Chargers D as well. which one would you roll with?

6. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Chargers are playing the 49ers with who at QB?

7. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    The smart bet this week is the over of 51 on the game. I won the last three weeks on the over. Shouldn't be any different this week.

8. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    I had the Vikings defense who gave me that awesome -7

9. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yes, the Browns. They're playing the Raiders which have so far been terrible on offense.

I might have no choice.

10. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Yeah they haven't been all that spectacular this year either.

11. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    I think the Steelers defense would be a tough play for me. Especially with Hilton out (if he is). And now Edmunds will be full time since Burnett is unlikely to go. John Brown is healthy and he's a tough guy to cover. And the Ravens are averaging over 30 a game.

12. MattyMo9

MattyMo9 Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2017
    One word answer: Yes

Have you seen this team play defense??!!

13. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Start the Steelers defense if they were facing the 49ers or bills....... otherwise yes, you're a fool

14. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I picked up the Browns last week after watching them keep the Steelers and Saints in check. Netted me 10 points against the Jets.

That defense is pretty good.

15. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Decided to pick up the Browns defense last night after getting on here. Has to be better upside potential for at least next week.

16. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Words of wisdom from Snoop Doggy Dogg. I'm playing. Believe it or not, the Steelers ranked #6 for defenses in the league. The reason was sacks, ints etc..

So I will keep my eye on them, but for now I picked up the Browns as a safer option this week against the Raiders.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2018