1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will you consider it a disaster of a draft if the Steelers start Saturday without having added a RB

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Brice, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    When we draft Najee Harris he will not only take pressure off of Ben
    this year but Sam Howell next year who will need a big time running game
    until he adapts to the speed of NFL. A successful run game takes so much pressure
    off the QB, and if executed correctly will open up the passing game alot.
    We will need to control TOP in our division if we are to compete with Ravens, Browns.

• Like Like x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    in order to have a successful run game you need an offensive line that can actually block. As it stands we don’t have one of those lines.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I thought we swept the Ravens, and soundly beat the Browns once.:shrug::shrug::shrug::shrug:

4. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    we don't have the same players this year either strum. pouncey, AV, feiler gone and banner back. only one guy that played last year and he should be at a different position. TE will also be different besides ebron. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  5. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Thank you captain obvious! And where have we improved along the line from last year?

6. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    no need to get rude, just talking my friend. dotson and banner i believe will help the run game. we ran well when finney had to play as well, when he was here before. DD is a guy that IF he gets back to form is still a good run blocker. not to mention a whole new run scheme. :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    decastronis at the end of his career. The likelihood of him returning to his old form isn’t good. We saw one half of football from banner. He looked okay, but it was still just a half. His backup is now our starting left tackle. Dotson looked decent when he played, but yet once again in limited playing time. Center and tight end have also regressed. So yeah a first round running back is for teams that don’t need a lt, c, and te.

8. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    This all day. Humphrey/Dickerson, LT, Tremble before a RB for me and I'll be thrilled.

9. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    This is the only reason to root for the Steelers to spend a first on RB - if you're rooting for the tank.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I guess I am part of the majority according to some publications?

11. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    I have stated in numerous threads that our (Steelers) mindset must change
    in regards to how they teach their OL and dedication of OL to want to run block. Along with
    a run game coordinator teaching and game planning for their next opponent. I have also mentioned
    that a RB will need help and that new and or aggressive OL will have to be brought in along with RB. I believe
    I would get atleast 2 OL this draft alone.

12. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    If you think right now that we have more talent then Ravens and Browns on our roster than your a bigger homer than I am.

• Like Like x 1
  13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    1. I'm the Biggest(Steelers Fan) Homer. LoL
    2. I think they both have more talent, but lesser QBs.
    3. Because of not paying QBs they can afford more talent.
    4. Because they have more talent, and still can't dominate us(IMO) shows they have a lesser Qbs.
    I'm not saying anything you don't know.

14. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    These are good points and both will be out of those cheap QB deals soon enough, while the Steelers will hopefully be starting one next year. Let's see how fast the Bengals can ramp up around Burrow.

If I'm the Bengals I trade back for more draft capital. So you miss out on Sewel, you still end up with a stud prospect and get more picks for all the holes you have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Do they really, though? We have better receivers than either team, our QB even know he is a shell of himself put up better numbers then theirs. Both teams have better running backs then we do. Their Olines are better. Dline is probably a wash. Secondary, not really familiar with them on that level but I’m sure Minka is better than anything they have.

I think it’s pretty equal. I don’t know why everyone fawns over those teams. To each their own I guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    At the moment, Kalen Ballage. If they draft Rhamondre Stevenson, there's another.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Maddog78

Oct 12, 2020
    I think they do - Steelers have weaknesses/no depth at TE, RB, ILB, OL, EDGE, CB, S. For 2021 they're deep enough at QB and WR, but most of those guys are off the roster in 2022. DL is set for 2020, but aging.

• Like Like x 1