1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Canada improve ?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by ljkjr74, Jun 10, 2023.

1. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    As mentioned, he has to design a balanced attack.
    If you only have 1 weapon, defenses will take that away.
    Canada has some armory this season.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he does. he did too to some extent, last year, this year - he has some TALENT on the OLINE. Build the OLINE, win football games. that is how it is done many times. Austin will help. So will the Robinson add. and a healthy Najee....

the other BIG difference is Kenny with 10+ starts under is belt. maturity happens from.....playing.

• Like Like x 1
  3. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022

YES, and Boswell said it had nothing to do with you. LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  4. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    i oonce vacationed with un at a beach and foound oot it didn't like sand..
    it later married a Sandy.

5. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Change that "can" to "will not" old friend! :drinks:

Either Canada improves or his involvement towards the Offense will become non existent. Glenn Thomas has experience both as an Offensive Play Caller in addition to knowing Kenny Pickett very well. Both aspects can assist in him creating a game plan for certain; his previous expertise in assisting the likes of Matt Ryan no less.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    Sign me up for one who thinks this would be awesome :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    I have extensive playoff experience in Madden I know what i'm talking about. :cool:;)

Run the ball with Leveon and then play action to Heath Miller.

It's an old version lol

In reality Canada is linked to Pickett's success, so it's not too hard to figure out.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    They had their chance. In 1759.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Way I see it for Canada this season, Steelers win 12-13 games or 7-8 games he will be bitched at in the GDT's;)

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Their citizens are probably way more pissed that their NHL Hockey team screwed them and moved to Colorado and won The Stanley Cup their first year there. That would really piss me off;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Here is the thing, the play calling is only half the formula when it comes to scoring points. Players need to execute. Canada's offensive numbers would look much better if we start adding in the number of dropped first downs and touchdowns.

I'm not saying his play calling is stellar, but it's also not as bad as the PPG show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    enough excuses, that is for sure. if we suck in Sept, can him at the BYE. Why stick with him any longer, if we still muddle thru 20 points a week

sure, DJ sucked last year. Yes, Najee sucked (injured) the first half of the year. (but Mikey T kept traipsing him out there week in and week out....)

enough excuses.

perform - everyone - or sit the bench, be traded , or be fired!

13. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    It's not an excuse, it's just facts. If the offensive coordinator calls a play and the WR is wide open and drops the ball...it was a good play, bad execution.

If they are bad through the first 4 games, the circumstances as to why they are bad need to be part of the evaluation.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Busman

Busman

Oct 18, 2011
    I have zero problems letting Canada make up for last years play calling. In all fairness to him, he had a very young offence with a new QB. Nothing seems to be cohesive play calling aside. One more chance and if we see the same then he has to go.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

• Winner Winner x 1
  16. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Probably the most accurate statement in this thread

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Holy clickbait batman

18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Man you have newness when it comes to computer games. Now let me bring out Howard Cosell's computer MNF game! let me tell you I was the champ, sometimes even getting Roy Gerela to kick 89 yard game winning FG's. Dont tell me I do not know what I am looking at, if he ain't Franco running the trap, then it ain;t football..lol

19. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    I would agree, but if play calling still looks like college level, then you go to the root of the problem. I do not say that with any expertise, but many throughout the NFL have stated the lack of depth in our O. As some have posted it may be the youth and inexperience, but putting together long and successful drives is the mandate for success, so let's see if he is up to the mandate.

• Like Like x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    When you are nicknamed Saturday offense, that’s not a good thing. Steelers didnt lead the league in dropped passes or even middle of the pack, execution wasn’t holding them back.

I’m willing to cut Canada some slack because of poor offensive line play and rookie QB but his passing concepts need to improve greatly and I believe thats why they brought in Glenn Thomas. Their poor YAC wasn’t due to DJ running backwards, its because the play design left them with little opportunity.

22. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    Canada seems to be indicating that the Steelers will be run oriented team. I'm not sure that will work in the NFL any longer. You have to run the ball effectively at times but to be a run oriented offense in today's NFl I don't think is going to work. If he's trying for balance that's one thing. But if he's saying we're going to be a run first offense that will not be a good thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    I remember it fondly although I was only passing through

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  24. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Are you aware we have a head coach who dictates this

• Like Like x 1
  25. jeh1856

jeh1856 Nap time

Oct 26, 2011
    Further proof Flipapony is an idiot and doesn’t know football

“There is an identity that is an organizational plan,” Canada said in his first interview since the NFL Draft. “It’s not like I’m coming in here and deciding what it is. There is a plan from Mr. Rooney to coach Tomlin.”

• Winner Winner x 2