1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Will Ben be a first ballot hall of famer?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bigbenhotness, Sep 4, 2022.

1. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I am arguing yes. People are telling me no. He has better stats than Aikman who is first ballot.

Post your reasoning why you feel he will be or won’t be.

• Like Like x 1
  2. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Yes. Now that Brady has decided to play another season... it's a lock.

HOF Class of '26. I'm sure Ray Lewis and Ed Reed will be there to give him kisses. Hahahahahahaha

Last edited: Sep 4, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I think so. The only reason I can see him getting snubbed as a first ballot HoF'er is because of his off the field issues years ago. But, Since Milledgeville, he's pretty much been a model citizen.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  4. JackAttack 5958

JackAttack 5958 Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yes, the second greatest quarterback in Steelers history will be a first ballot HOFer.:thumbs_up:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    if not he has enough money to buy a ticket. :cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    Only reasoned he would not have been decided to unretire. Its not even debatable its a lock. I don't even respect the guy on a personal level but you gotta really hate the steelers as a whole to argue against him going first ballot.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Of course He's a 1st ballot HOF. He has been in 3 SBs, won two, and holds many records. No freaking way He's not 1st ballot.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    He holds a lot of NFL records and is in the top 5 or 10 in a lot of others. Plus he is a 2 time Super Bowl champ so of course he will be an absolute lock.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    People on Reddit telling me no way he’s first ballot because he’s an offender. His stats don’t lie he’s better than so many qbs already in that were first ballot

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    I think he gets screwed. Probably take 2 or 3 seasons for him to finally make it. Gooddell always hated him and would be willing to let a punter in first.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They are......................... Der de Ders = :goofy:

• Like Like x 1
  12. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    College football started. Great TV is on.... Lord of the Rings on Amazon and Game of Thrones on HBO Max.

Never understood why NFL didn't start on Labor Day weekend. :rolleyes:

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  13. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    They used to.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Hard to figure out what will happen or when. The question is, should off the field issues be taken into account when determining who goes into the HOF? When bodies were turning up, Ray Lewis still did. On the other hand, MLB's Pete Rose may never for betting. What's worse, betting, or involvement with a murder, or Ben's sexual assaults he paid to get out of? To answer the OP's question, yes, Ben most likely gets in 1st ballot. In my old fashion way of thinking, someone who is in the HOF is someone you would want your kids to emulate and be an example for. Unfortunately, I doubt this is still even a consideration anymore. JMO>

• Like Like x 2
  15. Dagmire

Dagmire Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2019
    I just hope HOF voting doesn't go the MLB route one day. Writers like ron cook have absolutely ruined that for me. His not voting for bonds and his cheer leading about it cause he didn't like the dude. So what, still the greatest player I've ever seen play. The whole no big Mac of Sammy light skinned Sosa(best year of had ball ever) but let big poppi into the hall is BS...plenty of unknown pitchers of that time were juicing.... Sorry I know way off topic.. Ben still gets in first ballot

Last edited: Sep 5, 2022
    • Like Like x 3
  16. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Money, money, and more money. November and February are the months TV measures the Nielson Ratings to be used for advertising rates. Don't be surprised that the NFCCG and AFCCG eventually happen the first week of February and the Super Bowl is the third week of February, because that will be a ratings bonanza for the NFL.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    Rabbit hole but what the hell. Babe Ruth, Honus Wagner, Ricky Henderson, and Willy May's got 95 per cent of the vote for the HOF. That shows you the ridiculous politics that take place. Some guys are borderline..I get it, but if Babe and Willy are not 100 per cent first ballot...then those that vote should have had their rights terminated on the spot.

A lot of NFL teams have guys whose names are brought up over the years, many should probably be in, some in probably should not be..but ot is what it is.

One stat that probably will never get mentioned and I forget the specifics, but during a certain period there were 3 Qbs whose names were in the AFC championship game...Peyton, Brady, and Ben. His last few years were not glamorous, but at his height he was right there with the best. Certainly first ballot worthy

• Like Like x 3
  18. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    The goal is to add yet another p/o game. 50 per cent of the teams will make it..the revenue on gambling alone makes billionaires wet their depends

19. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    First ballot. Since Georgia he has cleaned up his act, got married, had children became a family man.

I think the bad stuff is far enough behind him not to have any bearing on the decision.

Based onn his play, he is definitely first ballot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    1. I live in the county it all happened. And personally know the officer. The officer said Big Ben was 100% innocent and the media twisted so much crap. Even with them lying saying videos were pulled. To not mentioning the girl story flipped 3 times in the same breath.

2. Ray Lewis was accused of shooting someone and was found innocent. He had no problem getting in. So Big Ben was found innocent, so he should be given the same treatment of it didn't matter.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    Right off the bat Ben has better stats than these first ballots:

aikman
    Elway
    Moon
    Marino (jk)
    Jim Kelly

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He’s worthy of a first ballot HOF. I’d be shocked if he’s not.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  23. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    No question about it. 1st ballot HOF

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  24. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Absolutely

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  25. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    Since Ben is not currently a Steeler, this thread is not Steeler related, and in violation of board policy.

Please go to the main page. Scroll down to forums, and then choose NFL General Talk. Then select NFL General Talk Sub Forums. Once there, simply click on NFL General Talk Sub Forums/ NFL Hall of Fame. You're almost there. Once at NFL General Talk Sub Forums/NFL Hall of Fame, look for the Future Hall of Fame Candidates Sub Forum. It is here that you can post your new thread. Please make sure to post your new thread only in the Future Hall of Fame Candidates of 2022 to 2032 thread that has already been started.

Failure to adhere to these rules will result in your thread being referred to a Hall Monitor, for violation of board rules section 3004-6 and 3004-7. The TSF Hall Monitor Guild thanks you for your cooperation, and for your continued support of board policy.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 9
    • Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1