1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Why is Cam Heyward playing offensive lineman on the FG team?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Oct 16, 2022.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I had no problem with Tomlin playing his defensive starters for the 1st half in the last preseason game, but if today our only Superstar player on Defense would have gotten hurt while playing on the offensive line during a FG; I would have been ready to fly into Pittsburgh to pick up my Pitchfork to run Tomlin out of town.

I mean are you serious? There are no other active players on the Steelers roster who could play offensive lineman on a FG attempt? WTF???

Is this something that regularly happens, and I have just been missing it? Can you imagine if they would have lost Heyward today on an offensive FG attempt? No Watt, No Minka, but hey let's make Cam today play on the offensive line during Field Goals.

Last edited: Oct 16, 2022
  2. defva

defva Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I thought, that it was Connor heyward?!

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    :facepalm:

4. FeartheBeard

FeartheBeard Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'm pretty sure I have seen Cam out there on FG attempts before but I could be wrong. It's an interesting point though- there has to be some back up guy who can do that instead of Cam.

5. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    If he is good enough for it, let him do it. This is why these guys are paid. You can't live in injury fear constantly.

Think about it years ago, what if AB got hurt on a punt return? Everyone would of been mad. But sometimes you got to have your best players on the field even when you don't want to in certain situations.

Like what if some other guy was doing it and it got blocked and Cam wasn't in there. 3 points was a difference between winning and losing yesterday.

6. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Cam has been on it for years

HACK

• Informative Informative x 1