1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who's your no. 1?

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by Jball, Apr 24, 2022.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Who's your top "realistic" guy that you want Thursday night?

Mine is McDuffie. Obviously at at a position of need. A smart guy. Good athlete . Maybe not Stingley. I see this guy as a Joe Haden type cb. Not the tallest or fastest but he knows how to play football.

He did run a 4.4, it's not like he's slow.

• Like Like x 1
  2. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    It depends on the position. I don't necessarily have a favorite on OL, we don't need a TE, RB or OLB early,

QB: probably Pickett at the moment. Ridder, Howell, or Corral would be fine though.
    ILB: Lloyd
    WR: Garrett Wilson
    S: Hamilton if there, realistically Dax Hill
    CB: Booth or Stingley

3. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    Jordan Davis.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Jordan Davis is my 2022 draft crush

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I think McDuffie is a good choice. Problem is, the team doesn’t seem that interested. At least they haven’t made the traditional visits and meetings that they have done for most/all 1st round picks in recent years. They only sent area scout Mark Bruener to the Washington pro day even though it wasn’t on a day that overlapped with any of the QB pro days or any of the other big ones.

For me, of the realistic mid-late 1st round guys whose pro days had Colbert, Tomlin and others, I’m thinking Dax Hill. Maybe Jordan Davis or Kyle Hamilton in a trade up scenario if one of them is falling into the mid teens.

For me a dark horse could be George Pickens. We had the house at his pro day, and our WR coach supposedly ran him through his workout. There are some draftniks out there who think he has Randy Moss upside.

6. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Stingley....Stingley, and Stingley. I hope His injury makes people shy away.

7. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ve been hearing top 5 for him.

• Like Like x 1
  8. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Many people are stating McDuffie. However and, to reiterate, the Steelers have never selected a First Round Player without Colbert being at that player's Pro Day since Ziggy Hood.. and we all know how that ended up. Not saying McDuffie = Hood 2.0 (not even close I might add) but not having Colbert means there is little to no chance for McDuffie to get selected at 20.

As for my dream crush... Jordan Davis still. As I stated many times..... had a crush on him dating back to the 2020 College Football Season and thought he would enter the 2021 NFL Draft. Good on him for not doing so.

All this said... Kyle Hamilton for me at 20. While I do believe it is possible he is to experience a Draft Day slide... how far does he fall is worth questioning for certain. However, if he is... you will NOT see ME complaining if he is the pick!! :drinks:

Now.. most realistic? Daxton Hill, George Pickens and a dark horse in Andrew Booth.

9. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    ??? mines to trade back 3-4 spots and pick up some picks

• Like Like x 1
  10. 1stCavVet

1stCavVet Well-Known Member

Apr 29, 2021
    Wouldn't mind trading back to gain more picks either, lots of needs...have seen several reports saying Hamilton may be there at 20...

11. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Just Fing great. I never get the pick I want. LoL

12. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    I hope it's dax hill. If not first then I hope one of the safeties by pick two. This isn't necessarily what I think they will do though.:cool:

13. Steel_Elvis

Nov 4, 2011
    Well, become a Jags fan and you can live in the top 5.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  14. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Jordan Davis to me would have the single biggest impact. He solidifies the run defense. He makes the middle linebackers better. He can push the pocket and help Cam, Tuitt and TJ repack havoc on the pass rush. I think adding him along with bringing Tuitt back would put this defense into the elite category.

15. Michael E

Michael E Well-Known Member

Mar 2, 2022

And he brings YOUTH to a very old DL. If we don't get a top 3 round DL this year, we'll be hurtin for certain next year.

16. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    why?:cool:

• Like Like x 1
  17. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I think Kyle Hamilton is going to slide because of his reported 40 time. I'm not sure that he'll slide all the way to us, but if he does, he's my pick.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    hi numbah. haven't seen you much. :cool:

19. numbah58

numbah58 Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hey mac, just making my way back to normalcy after working in the healthcare field over the last few years. How ya been?

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    good my friend and thank you for your difficult service sir. good to know folks like you have our back even if they don't always have yours. i hope it gets better for you and you do get back to normal. :applaud::smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  21. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    George Pickens is my #2 WR even though I know he is down the list for many. I'd take him over the Ohio boys, Burk, Dahan, and Skky. I'm undecided btw him and London as my #2. But because of the WRa on our roster I lean towards Pickens.

Wish we could get him in the 2nd, but I won't flinch if we took him at 20.

22. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Jameson Williams. But this is hard coz it depends on who you believe could never be there.

For example, I don't think Derek Stingley has a chance of being at 20 so his not on my list. Jameson is slightly rising too. So I might switch to someone more realistic. As I by haven't seen him at 20 in about 3 days now

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I've been told by a few on here that Stingley would be the 3rd CB taken.:shrug:
    You mean they are wrong. :shrug:

24. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Jordan Davis
    Trevor Penning
    Dark horse: Hamilton

25. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Last year you made a list that named all the players that met most/all the traditional criteria to be a Steelers 1st rd pick, did you do one this year?

I haven't been quite as up on the draft/visits/pro days this year .

• Like Like x 1