1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who you got?

Discussion in 'College Football Talk' started by Wardismvp, Nov 5, 2019.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    LSU or BAMA?

Should be a good one. I am going with LSU.
    Who are you going with?

Last edited: Nov 10, 2019
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Daughter-in-law is an LSU grad. My son and her live in La. and are huge LSU fans. They are throwing a huge party tonight and I hope it goes well for the Tigers.

Actually I am not a College football fan but they got me into rooting for LSU. From what I am hearing from people who follow college sports Alabama is going to whip them.

3. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I'm with Steely Dan: "Alabama's got the Crimson Tide.....they call me Deacon Blues"!
    Bama's become the Pats of the NCAA, Go Tigers!

4. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
  5. SteelCity_NB

SteelCity_NB Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 23, 2011
    Shocked how bad Bama looks.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Very reminiscent of last year’s championship game. Alabama looks like they’re a notch below elite, and Tua looks terrible again.

7. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016
    Ugh.... LSU is fading. Fading fast.

8. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Bama's season just ended!

9. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    WTF???? Up 12 with a minute and a half left, and you play press man with no safety help????

10. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Burrow is looking like the no. 1 pick. We may have to play this guy for years. I hope for his sake he doesn't get drafted by Cinncy. His career will be over before it began.

As tough as the Ravens are, the Steelers really benefit from playing in a division where half the teams are traditionally two of the worst franchises of all times.

I guess the Bengals have had a little more success than the Browns but that's like being the toughest guy at a Brony convention.

11. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016
    Grant Delpit got exposed in man coverage.... BIG TIME. Not good in terms of his draft stock overall. He is still a First Round pick but combine his inability to be a true Single High Safety, inconsistent tackling and the aforemention man coverage makes him WAY TOO RICH to warrant a Top 10 selection and nevermind Top 5.

As I alluded to this summer, Top 20 pick overall. A great safety he still is in my book. A true game changer in the mold of Minkah Fitzpatrick, Jamal Adams, Malik Hooker and Derwin James he is not.

12. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

That is the main point of emphasis here. Will Miami trade heaven and earth for Burrow?! Seems that way thus far. That said, too early to tell who will be the number one overall pick.

In all honesty, it does not matter who the number one overall pick is. Not because they do not warrant the selection. The issue is that the Front Offices that choose either Burrow or Tua will likely skip on the Offensive Line and opt for weapons instead.

Sam Darnold and Baker Mayfield are just the latest examples of Franchise ineptitude. Quarterbacks literally being beaten into absolute submission; regressing badly in their Sophomore Year. Until that changes with the likes of Cincy and Miami, expect more of the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    I've gotta say, pretty much all season I've thought Devonta Smith is Bama's best wr. It's going to be interesting to see how the draft goes. Only from a curiosity standpoint, none of those guys will make it to our first pick.

14. AskQuestionsLater

Apr 21, 2016

Sadly no. Jerry Jeudy especially and no less. He is Top 5 without question as he is the colossally rare case of Wide Receiver that has the power to make his ENTIRE offense better and nevermind the QB as opposed to the other way around. Henry Ruggs III is likely gone as well as he looks like he is legit 4.3 to possibly even 4.2 speed. D. Smith is someone who I can see slipping into Round Two but sadly will be in the top half.

Call me crazy but I would not mind Jalen Reagor from TCU. An absolute speedster with room to grow. Let Ben have another Receiver who can take the top off.

15. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Can't believe it either.

16. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Congrats LSU!! Now win the National Championship!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  17. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    I was sorry I couldn't be there to console a few of those gorgeous but sad Alabama ladies in the stands. Not unlike the infatuation that Brent Mussburger had with AJ's fiance several years ago. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  18. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Easy boy, those Southern belles may get you in trouble. LOL.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  19. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    Me too, Something is wrong with all these 5 stars. No physicality?

20. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Great game, I know I'm late to the party but I got to watch that one a few weeks ago.

That LSU RB is a tough runner, definitely stood out to me

21. Wardismvp

Oct 26, 2011
    LSU Clemson what a match up that would be?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  22. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    Wisconsin has just played the worst 2nd half that I've seen for a long time. A f'ing disgrace.