1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else was shocked to see Duck return for that last series.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Brice, Dec 15, 2019.

1. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Did the coaches believe the Steelers were not going to get the ball back after Duck's 3rd Int?

To me it was Bad coaching not to have have Mason up and throwing after the Int; just in case you get the ball back. They had to do something to confuse the defense and Buffalo had Duck's game figured out.

I would have bet the house that Mason was coming in for that final drive. Bring Mason in for that last series just for his extra year's worth of experience in running the 2-minute offense.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  2. Rowland

Rowland Active Member

Dec 15, 2019
    I don’t think it would have mattered. Mason would have been sacked even more.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Tiggs99

Tiggs99 Well-Known Member

Oct 30, 2019
    Brice guy here must be related to Mason or something.

4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Fichtner did not adjust to the Bills defense on 3rd down all game. The Bills were blitzing on just about every 3rd down. At least the final play, they did have more pass protection for Hodges, but the ball was not even near the Steelers receiver.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    Putting Mason in wouldn't have changed anything.

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    You only bring Mason in if there was a injury, they weren't going to make a change that late in the game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Smitch89

Smitch89 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Yea bring in a dude who hasn't played in weeks cold coming off the bench to lead a game winning drive.. They both just suck not much else to say

8. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Mason would have folded like a lawn chair against that pressure.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Wan't surprised at all, would have been shocked if they did.

They are in a jam now if reports are accurate that Hodges didn't listen to Tomlin to clock it. That should definitely earn him a trip to the bench but they are trying to make the playoffs. I think Rudolph is the better QB but I didn't like where his head was at when he got benched. Not sure he is ready to come back in.

Hodges wasn't good tonight but Rudolph was terrible when he got pulled. They have a very winnable game next week, see what Tomlin does.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    That 3rd int should have benched him. Washington was wide open in the end zone. Hodges should have never been given the chance to throw his 4th int.

Mason would have been the better option running the 2 minute drill at the end of the game.

11. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Mason should get the start next week. They both suck

12. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    I can't agree with going back to Rudolph. As bad as Duck played last night, at least he did so against a top notch defense. MR has horrendous against Cleveland and Cincinnati.There may not be a lot of difference between the two but IMO there's still a better chance of winning with Duck than Rudolph.

I also think that part of the reason Tomlin made the switch to Duck during and after the Cincy game was that the team had lost faith in him. That was evident on his last throw when he one hopped the ball to Johnson (iirc) and he turned to the bench and threw up his hands as in "What the hell could I do with that?" I'm not sure anything has changed in that respect and I don't think we've reached anywhere near that point yet with Duck

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Seen Washington with a :facepalm: when the Duck missed him with the end zone int.

• Like Like x 1
  14. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    2-4 of 4 picks was desperation passes.. give the kid a break, thats the qb we are rolling with.... you can forget abt (im scared when im out here) MR starting nxt week

• Agree Agree x 1