1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Who else is honestly losing interest?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Stone, Nov 18, 2019.

1. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    How much does "President of the Mike Tomlin fan club" pay?:hehehe:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    are you kidding me? You must not read many of my posts.:cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  3. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    Fichtner has been oc for a year and a half. Ben threw for more yardage last year then ever before. We also improved our red zone troubles.

we lost our wr coach towards the end of camp.
    We lost our oline coach.
    we fired our rb coach for no good reason.
    we lost our franchise qb for the season.

let's fire the oc. Really? I don't blame him for our troubles, I blame Colbert for not making some better moves to sure up the offense after all the losses. He did it on defense when we lost our fs. Why not when we lost our starting wr early in the season? We knew moncriefs wasn't it after one game. Did he really try to help a young qb? Did he try to help a depleted offensive coaching staff?

Last year we didn't make the playoffs because our kicker forgot how to kick. Again not the ocs fault.

Again we are still in second place in this division behind the probable super bowl winning team.

We have two first round picks on offense and they are getting old. Blame the oc.:cool:

4. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Why else would you post such gibberish while avoiding the meat of the post? Maybe you just want everyone to get off your lawn?:cool:

5. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    So much for the idea that you didn't start this thread for the purpose of more Tomlin bashing. I write this as somebody who has been calling for the team to move on from Tomlin since the loss to the Raiders last season.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    Tomlin's poor performance is just one of many reasons. But when someone methodically ignores the responsibility Tomlin has in this and attacks what they think I think and why I wrote what I wrote, it's pretty easy to see who is singularly focused.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Most of the games have been fun to watch this year because of the obvious improvement of the defense. The Browns game was terrible, but Steelers have a game like that every year... sometimes 2 or 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Amazing, I was looking over at the Bengals message board, and can you believe there is someone over there recommending people boycott the NFL. I’m glad I’m on a more civilized board. :smiley1:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  9. SteelersFanCanada

SteelersFanCanada Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2019
    When the Steelers win I am happy and when the Steelers lose my day is ruined. I don’t see that changing lol.

10. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I used to be like this, but not anymore. No need to waste negative energy by dwelling on a loss that I have no control over. Life goes on, win or lose.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    Who's in charge of the short yardage play calling? That's who I want fired (for starters).

12. Vox Ferrum

Vox Ferrum Well-Known Member

Apr 22, 2019
    If you are a conspiracy theorist I guess your points have some validity, I honestly do not think there is a huddle before game time with Top secret instructions that the winner of this game will be ?????. Refs are human, the speed of the game, the ambiguity (and ever changing interpretation) in the rule book makes it nearly impossible to call a game. Last year the new rules for hit on the QB was called incessantly for a few weeks, then tapered back as the season progressed. This year the calls for PI were highlighted, then supposedly the referendum went out to lay back on these calls, to the point few if any challenges are being overturned. That is the nonsensical world we live in. Is it a fumble? is it a pass completion? Is it a hold? Is it PI or roughing the passer? Even in replay calls. Irrefutable evidence is left to one guy..who can make his own judgment call..then who refutes him?

Minor league baseball has tried laser technology to call balls and strikes, and undoubtedly ML baseball will eventually start using it as well. Will NFL uniforms be fitted with sensors that will be able to determine if someone was held, or did not hold on to a catch long enough? Sounds farfetched, but some company will develop it..and it money can be made from it the owners will give it a go.

13. fansincethesixties

fansincethesixties Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2016
    My sentiments EXACTLY...when younger I would watch every play of every game and lay awake at night after a loss, wondering “ what if?” As I aged other things took precedence, family being most important. I have had so many ups and downs in 55 years as a die hard Steeler fan that nothing, and I mean NOTHING, surprises me anymore. Don’t get too up over the wins and not too down after the losses. Works great for my emotional state. Do not consider myself any less of a fan.

• Like Like x 1
  14. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    You can find him on the sidelines. Look for the guy with the bionic arm...

• Like Like x 1
  15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I was like that in my teens and early 20s. If the Steelers lost, I'd be grumpy the rest of the day. My dad was the same way with the Browns. One day we realized how silly it was for us to be upset about a bunch of guys in a different city playing a game. I mean I still get super excited about wins, and I'm still upset when they lose, but it doesn't affect my day in any negative way.

• Like Like x 1
  16. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012

Who are you and what did you do with HeinzMustard?????? lol :thumbs_up:

17. thesteeldeal

thesteeldeal Well-Known Member

Oct 18, 2011
    Yeah Ben threw for the most yards, on the most attempts, the most RZ interceptions and near or at the top in INTs. 5,000 yards...great. Where did that get us? Home. Yes we were better in the RZ but most of that success was in the beginning of the year when we were running the ball very effectively because our OL didn’t forget how to block yet. Either that or they lost the chip they said they had on their shoulders. Can someone please find that chip? When Conner got banged up for a few games we abandoned the running game and that’s when our season collapsed.

I posted a stat in the off season about how the top 5 teams or so had a normal pass/run ratio. Ours was 70/30. That falls on Ben and the OC. Ben was the only reason our OC looked even competent last year but it inevitably failed because Fichtner let Ben do whatever he wanted....and it wasn’t winning football down the stretch. I realize Fichtner has the deck stacked against him but where are his credentials in the NFL besides being Ben’s YES man?

IMO it’s hard to blame Colbert he pulled the trigger on Minkah. As much as I would of liked to see them bring in a veteran WR I highly doubt there was someone out there that would of made that big a difference. I do definitely question some of their roster decisions coming out of camp and PS. Rogers/Spencer> Switzer. I would of brought Rogers in after cutting Moncrete. He knows the system, he worked with MR in PS. He’s a chain mover that would fit what we’re trying to do now. They didn’t address TE until they were forced to make another trade. They don’t use him anyway.. IMO Fichtner isn’t the right guy to lead and mold a young QB. I’ll just leave it at that.

I also agree about Colberts failures with the coaching staff. I’ve been the one trumpeting not having a QB coach the longest when most said it was no big deal. We took a massive hit at OL coach/ run game coordinator. WR coach? Please. Rather have Hines. RB coach? I don’t get either.

• Like Like x 2
  18. Iowasteeljim

Iowasteeljim

Oct 26, 2011
    Besides, you still have the Patriots to cheer for! (j/k I couldn't pass that up)

19. Stone

Stone Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2015
    I don't think it's as clandestine as all that. The refs know what the NFL expects of them and they do it without secret meetings and blood oaths. Just like any of us in big business know what is best for our company and we do it because we know who pays the bills; not because there was an edict behind closed doors before the meeting.

Ask yourself this?

Why is "offensive holding" written in such a way that it can be called on every play of every game? With the 13 Billion they make, why wouldn't the NFL spend the money to embed a liner in the football to make sure that every spot was correct? They certainly don't have any issue with rewriting rules every year?

20. Mike T

Mike T Well-Known Member

Sep 10, 2018
    The pace of the game has become terrible. So many flags and no real concise idea of what will be called and enforced.

The product is headed in the wrong direction. Not sure how they fix it but I can say I have started watching less and less each year.