1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Which platform do you like best

Discussion in 'The Steelers Fans Fantasy Football' started by Blast Furnace, Jun 13, 2019.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Last two seasons there has been problems with the commish in my league, so I am looking into starting my own. The league I am in uses CBS which I think is very good but I don't have anything to compare it to as it is the only one I have been on.

Which ones do you find to be the best? I saw Yahoo receive some high ratings in a quick search which surprised me.

2. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    I haven't used CBS, but we've used both ESPN and NFL.com over the last 11 years. I really liked ESPN's fantasy setup, but I have to admit that I've gotten used to NFL.com's and I think it's my favorite of the two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    NFL.com and yahoo are both ok. Those are the only 2 that I have recent experience with.

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. TerribleTowelFlying

TerribleTowelFlying Staff Member Site Admin Mod Team

Oct 12, 2011
    Not a huge fan of Yahoo personally. I prefer NFL.

5. Ray D

Ray D Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 18, 2011
    NFL.com might be the most user friendly. I do like Yahoo also.

6. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    Thanks guys :thumbs up:

I'll look at NFL but may just stick with what I know.

7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    The best recommendation I can give is for NFL.com's. Just do to how much they put into the mobile app. I haven't looked into Yahoo's mobile ability but I drafted on my phone last season and didn't miss a beat, also used the ipad at the lake to set up my queue so that was a big plus. My only cons have to do more with league settings and less with the software.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I run a league on NFL.com. I like it better than Yahoo and Realsports.

• Like Like x 1
  9. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I've always preferred Yahoo, but that's also where I started playing, so I imagine my opinion might be skewed

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    This year is my first time playing fantasy over the internet. I had a problem drafting my team so maybe you can lend some insight thorn.
    Joined a league on NFL.com and it stated my draft started at 7:00pm. Thing is I was not able to make any selections. Draft was over in about two hours. What did I miss or fail to do?

11. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    One of the hardest things for me to remember is to check the timezone of the draft. When I first started out I missed the draft because I'm in the Central time zone and the draft was set for 10 eastern. If you were able to get into the draft room which always is a separate window that the NFL site kicks up then its possible that autodraft was enabled and then is won't let you pick when your turn comes. I always encourage people to join a public league on there that drafts sorta early so you can test your system and that way you aren't invested too much if your team tanks. Then when the league you do care about drafts you are ready to go.

• Like Like x 2
  12. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    My first impression of NFL was great but I've actually come to the conclusion I like CBS better than NFL. App not withstanding, I have no opinion on that because I'm not using it.

CBS lets you into the draft room as soon as you set a draft date, I was in weeks before, set up my whole Q. NFL only lets you in shortly before it begins.

I also find the overall layout better on CBS. I like NFL but rate CBS higher.

13. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Thnx for the info Blast. I was never allowed in the draft room on NFL. Before, during or after the draft.

14. Roonatic

Sep 4, 2017
    Thnx Thorn