1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where Steelers are missing the Boat

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Steelresolve, Jan 30, 2023.

1. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    From memory (fuzzy more often than not), right before half Cincy had maybe 1 TO left and less than a minute and moved across mid field and gained a few 1st downs but in play as clock ticked down. They could have/should have spiked the ball a few times as they were moving but running out of time. They ended up on KC's 5 yd line but only with 4 seconds and had to go for a FG. Not saying a TD was assured with more time but they would have had more chances for sure. And of course the game end was sick all around.

2. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    quality over quantity, that is where fail , year in and year out.

3. Karl

Karl Well-Known Member

Jan 19, 2022
    I'm not sure I totally agree.
    But yes, accountability has to be there. If the Offensive Line is not working, then you do have to make those tough decisions.
    I don't like paying coaches to lay on the beach, so I 'somewhat' see the logic in not renewing contracts, but............
    And you have to find upgrades and look for someone who brings something different to the table.

But to another point, there is a lot of things that go into the pot that have to blend right.
    There's not much reason this team should not increase the numbers in the win column in 2023, especially with a few good moves in the draft and free agency.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. GoldBurgh

GoldBurgh Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2022
    That's right. I do remember that. They were quick to burn 2 timeouts instead of spiking it. I guess they thought they'd burn too much time getting lined up but time and timeouts definitely ran out on them.

5. Steelresolve

Steelresolve Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2022
    Not if he is a good leader and clearly sets expectations and roles.