1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Where do the Steelers rank in the AFCN?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Benny Lava, Sep 10, 2021.

1. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not a fan of QBs who run as much as Lamar, he's too careless with the ball.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who?

3. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Who doesn't? Nice guy but glad he is a rat now.

4. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011

The Ravens are in trouble, they will be lucky to finish in third place in the division.

• Like Like x 1
  5. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I don't wish Injury on anyone, but I would like 2 see them in 3 place with the Browns in 4th.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Lamar Jackson, former NFL MVP, isn't considered a "star"? He may not be Aaron Rodgers as a passer, but to not consider him one of the top 5-10ish most impactful QB's in the game is insanity.

7. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Which is exactly what they should do. They need to run a system that allows Lamar to use his abilities to the best that he can....QB runs, throws to the TE, power running. Makes sense to me.

8. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    You can't be serious. The guy has an NFL MVP. How many non "star" players have a "best player in the whole frickin' league" award? Note that I consider Russell Wilson a "star" player, and he hasn't even gotten a single NFL MVP vote... let alone won the award.

He isn't the best passer in the league, but he is easily one of the most impactful players at his position. He just does it in other ways. He is objectively a "star" player.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Winning a MVP is meaningless. IMO When talking about a Star Qb I automatically thing great Qbs. Not ...I was Lucky one Year Qbs. Like Lamar, Cam, or Matt Ryan just 2 name a few.

10. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Lamar has been a star since he was starting. He might not keep it up but is still starring for that college offense.

Hairball lol...taking the last 2 quarters off.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    I mean, Lamar has accounted for 8,100 total yards and 76 touchdowns the past 2 years combined. Tom Brady has just short of 8,700 total yards and 70 TD's in the same time frame. The difference is about 300 total yards a year and Lamar is responsible for more TD's. It doesn't even take into account that Lamar has played 30 games instead of 32. He averages more total ypg than Brady (albeit by a yard and a half lol). That's VERY close to having the same impact. He is a great player.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    We will have 2 Agree 2 disagree. Everytime I think He maybe progressing...I see what I seen last night. Just one watch of the TD He threw last night.
    A good Qb throws that ball automatically, and easily. Go watch. They complain about play calling, but as soon as the snap happens...not one , but 2 players are open, but He doesn't see it.....So He gets happy feet, dances around, backs up.....then the pressure comes,....so he dances back more...then takes off 2 the right and throws a TD that was way way harder than is should have been.
    Don't believe me. Go find the replay from the opposite goal line angle.
    I could give You 7 more examples from last night, but that should be easy 2 find. He has not progressed in His vision....not one bit....so he scrambles on plays that are there , but he can't see.
    Also I noticed You comparing an Old T. Brady last 2 years 2 Him.

13. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    It makes sense 2 You 2 run a System that goes against the Very rules of Modern NFL???
    Simple Question...By the rules where on the field is the Qb most protected by the rules??? Could the answer be the pocket??
    Is it , or is it not Quicker, and Safer for a Qb 2 throw a...let's say 25 yard pass, then for said Qb 2 run for a 25 yard pass???
    Is not the whole rules been made 2 make passing easier???
    So why on God's green earth would You want a Running Qb???
    Can You win games that way yes, but why buck the System....just 2 paddle up stream??? :shrug: You are only making it harder on the whole team.
    Plus Wrs hate playing for these types of Qbs. Of course they don't say it till they leave.
    Also please don't bring up Mahomes, Wilson, or Rodgers. They are legit Qbs that can run....Not running Qbs.
    If You don’t know the difference. One can play in any system.
    The other has 2 have a system designed for them. Example: ravens ,and Lamar

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    I don't think that style of play will be successful in the playoffs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    Because of the matchup issues it imposes on opposing defenses? I'm not saying I personally would want a running QB.... The Ravens drafted a kid that is an elite athlete that they are trying to progress as a passer. He is an elite playmaker and weapon (this is undeniable). Why on earth would they not build their offense around his unique talents? They absolutely run through poor defenses and pose a rough match up for the high powered offenses due to ball and clock control. Who cares if he isn't Mahomes, Wilson, or Rodgers? You would never put him in the same system run by Mahomes, but then again, you would never try to get Patty Mahomes to run for 1200 yards in a season either. Why would they want top WR's anyways? They want a top RB, a top Offensive Line, and a quality defense. They can survive with a few draft picks and the Sammy Watkins of the world.

The point I am trying to make is that just because YOU don't like their system, doesn't mean that it is a bad system.... and just because YOU think his inability to pass like some of the elite passers in the league makes him a mediocre QB, doesn't make that true. The Ravens use their system to score a TON of points. They were the top offense in 2019 by over 3 PPG at 33.2 PPG. That's insane. They followed it up with a 29.3 PPG performance in 2020, which was good enough for 7th (ironically less than half a point per game less than the vaunted Chiefs offense led by Patty Mahomes). They also had top time of possession in 2019 and dropped to 3rd in 2020. What's wrong with controlling the T.o.P. and scoring a ton of points? I would take that in a heartbeat. Who cares how its done? It's not like they have a scrub offense that is middle of the pack.

Its a high end NFL scoring offense, built entirely around a single player's playmaking ability. Lamar Jackson is an elite talent. He doesn't have to be a "star" passer to be a "star" PLAYER.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013
    We can agree to disagree though. It is what it is lol

I'm glad we had Roethlisberger all these years, and I am sure Ravens fans are ecstatic to have Lamar.

One thing we can agree on is; screw the Ratbirds ;)

• Winner Winner x 2
  17. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    So....by your logic. If let's say N. Harris only rushes for 500 yards a year, but throws for 7 Tds he's a great RB, and this is all he amounts 2 every year.
    Your still skipping over the part of ....why make it harder by swimming up stream???
    Matter of fact You skipped all my Questions.
    Nobody forced them 2 draft him, and change their system.
    That system only works if You can keep a lead.
    If You get down by 14 ....most of the time You are screwed. Would be No SB for a lot of teams if that were the case. If You would not draft a Rb by their arm talent....why would You draft a Qb by their running abilities....especially in a easier 2 pass by Rules run league???:shrug:
    It makes no sense.
    Also it can't be maintained. Ask everyone who's tried it.

18. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Quit viewing Lamar as a qb & more like a football player it becomes crystal clear that he's an elite star. :shrug:

Speed kills

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  19. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    Defensively we are at the top of the heap. Offensively near the bottom.

20. TheTerribleOwl

TheTerribleOwl Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2017
    I'd take Jackson on the Steelers in a heartbeat. We'd immediately be a legit Super Bowl contender even if he never gets any better at passing. With our defense his ability to extend drives with his legs would be huge. Plus he is a better passer than people give him credit for. Yes, he has serious limitations but he also makes some really nice throws at times. He for sure is capable of hitting guys that are wide open, which seems to happen a good bit for him probably thanks to the pressure he puts on the defense.

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  21. Animus

Animus Well-Known Member

Dec 30, 2020
    Why does this thread exist after one game?

22. SGSteeler

Sep 9, 2013

• Like Like x 1
  23. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Just tell him what he wants to hear and he’ll go away. The Steelers are the worst team in the afc north and possible the worst team in the entire afc.

• Winner Winner x 1
  24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Everyone that says we didn't try 2 utilize Kordells style apparently Didn't watch the Games while K. Stewart was here. Nobody then was running plays We were running then.
    Another thing Everyone You have Brought up have Won nothing. So I don't want 2 hear You complain if we get beat in the playoffs. Since everyone You have brought up as Your examples have done squat, but put up numbers. Also most of Your Young Qbs Like Jackson, Allen, and Murray are not proven great Qbs. One great year doesn't make a Qb.
    Come 2 me after they all get paid, and their teams can't afford every free agent that come along.
    It takes about 5- 6 whole Years 2 decide if a Qb is for real. As for Cam. LoL. Besides His magic year what's he done. 3 winning seasons his whole career. Please. He'll Nobody even wants him. Including his original Coach . That should tell You all You need 2 know.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Another magical....just stick Him on our team and we go 2 a SB. LoL