1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

What would our record look like if everyone was healthy, including Ben?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by steelersfan35, Dec 4, 2019.

1. steelersfan35

steelersfan35 Well-Known Member

Oct 28, 2016
    Including our defensive play as well?

2. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    I don't see us winning against NE in the opener without Minkah shoring up the safety play. I do think we win 2 of 3 against Seattle, San Fran and Baltimore and most likely with a healthy Tuitt we stop Clevelands run game and most likely win there as well.

So 10 and 2 in first place depending on the out come of the Baltimore game or 9 and 3 assuming Ben has a stinker of a game like he sometimes does.

Defense would be even better with a healthy Tuitt he was really looking good and showing some serious burst off the LOS before he got hurt.

Offense would be improved with Ben and having JU JU for every game, lets say Ben passes for 60 to 70 yards more than MR or Duck in each game. Every loss was close enough that 70 extra yards would of made the difference. Even with Ben because he has been inconsistent once in a while the past few years I don't see us at 11 and 1 and most likely 9 and 3 is more realistic.

3. pjgruden

pjgruden

Oct 16, 2011
    I'm not 100% sure they make the Minkah trade if Sean Davis is healthy. If that doesn't happen, this is a completely different defense. And as such, I don't know how they would have fared. Would the offense be better, most likely. Would defense be worse, almost assuredly.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. uncblue012

uncblue012 Well-Known Member

Aug 11, 2017
    These "what-ifs" are super tricky but I'd say 9-3, at least. Ben started the season ugly, but he's a good enough QB to make some of the failed throws that Mason Rudolph doesn't.

5. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    12-0 :shrug:

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    That is the real question. Tomlin even said that was a factor in making the trade.

7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    I'd say it would probably be the same or worse. If Ben stays healthy we still go 0-3, IMO. If Sean Davis wasn't on IR, no Minkah.... and our D would be like previous 3 seasons of being gashed with no splash plays.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  8. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    @fanforlife clown get a life stop following me around just to disagree with every post I make, the post above I wasn't even being serious :facepalm:.

• Like Like x 1
  9. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    3-9

"maybe i dont have it anymore" after every game.

10. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    9-3

• Like Like x 2
  11. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Relax.... he does the same to me.... and you and I disagree on just about everything. :lolol:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 4
  12. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    I don't follow anyone as dumb as you around. Your posts are just so stupid its difficult not to disagree.If their is a clown here it is you.You seem to think you are the wise one of the board,what a joke.
    Scratch that. That is a little strong. I just got back from the doctor and he gave me some bad information I new was coming but I didn't realize the time line was going to be so short. So forgive me if I am a little angry and short tempered right now.
    I'll just deal with it.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  13. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah okay dude, that post where I was clearly joking around and you click disagree, just like you do on just about everything :facepalm:.

14. steelersrule6

Nov 14, 2011
    Dude never post much on his own, just goes around and disagree on everything :facepalm:.

15. SteelinOhio

SteelinOhio

Oct 16, 2011
    The Seahawks, 49ers and Ravens games were all close, and Steelers basically had the win until the defense gave up go ahead points to the other teams. With Ben playing, I think the Steelers would have had enough to win those close games. I also think the Steelers would have dominated in the first Cleveland game. So if Ben was healthy, I think we'd be looking at a 10-2 or maybe even 11-1 record right now.

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    our defense couldnt close out those top offenses but i give them a pass

17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Well I predicted 6-10. The way 2018 season fell apart and not having AB or LB I was sure we were headed for nasty times. Then Ben goes down I was convinced this was going to be one of the worse seasons in Steeler history. Which is why this season is going down as one of my top 10 favorites. Regardless what happens from here on out, they made it a season.

Now if we had Benny boy under center with the defense playing as they are we'd probably be 8-4. Tomlin have them playing different and it's working. Ben in there might be the same old same old but believe Washington and Ben would be clicking on some magic right about now in the season and with a healthy Conner and Juju well it would get interesting.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  18. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Good luck

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The late fumbles happen whether everyone's healthy or not (just like in 2018). I'd say very likely we'd be in exactly the same place with the same record. Plus as others have pointed out, not sure the Minkah trade happens under this fantasy scenario and probably the D doesn't gel as it has done. This thread seems like something Browns fans would do every single year, dreaming about "what if's. :shrug:

20. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks

21. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    If Ben was healthy the Dolphins would have traded Minkah elsewhere or at least demanded a lot more for him. They were banking on the Steelers tanking without Ben and getting a premium pick from it.

Hypothetically with a healthy Ben and the Minkah trade going down as it did I think they’d be 8-4 or 9-3

22. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    Sorry about your situation. Not sure what time line implies but I sure the hell hope you get to see a lot more STEELER wins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

23. Spencer

Spencer Well-Known Member

Jan 25, 2016
    three more wins than we have now

24. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    I'm going to say 9-3. If we're playing this game, the other teams can't suffer injuries either. All things being equal, we get closer to who should win on paper. Home field comes into play a little more as well. Man, wouldn't it be grand to know JC was going to be 10 feet tall and bullet proof for an entire season? Dang.

25. fanforlife

fanforlife

Sep 5, 2012
    Thanks I have pushed 2 previous time lines out before but this time my wife of almost 50 years has gone on so my desire to continue isn't very high. We will give it a run and see what happens.

• Like Like x 3