1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Steelers Pat Freiermuth

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Apr 30, 2021.

1. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    Crazy thing is, that's probably all the Steelers can do in 2021 - play small ball and hide the secondary and Ben. I just think that eventually comes up short if Ben can't put the ball downfield. Teams are going to crowd the box early and often.

2. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Yes if they don’t have a genuine passing threat beyond 10 yards it’s going to be a long, rough season. I thought it was time to move on from Ben because

3. turtle

turtle

Jan 14, 2015
    Like I said in my mock, if Freiermuth is there at 55, he WILL be a Steeler. I thought he would have went earlier since it was such a crappy TE class but this was easily the most telegraphed pick for a 2nd rounder. Heck Harris in the first and Freiermuth in the second were both big time locks if they were there.

The Steelers have finally come around to the mold of a complete TE, like HM83. It took them long enough. They flirted with the receiver first TEs like Ladarius Green and Ebron while using the 3rd OT as a blocking TE. And people say putting in scat backs and mobile QBs like Dobbs telegraph the play.... This was a pick they had to make and one that has been coming for a long time.

I like the pick, but would I have loved Creed Humphrey? Damn right. But I have to believe they view Green as a better fit in Canada's new system. They showed very little pre-draft interest in Humphrey by just sending the asst O-line coach to the Oklahoma pro day. And C was obviously a huge concern. With DD66 and Dotson on either side, I hope the limitations of our new C will be somewhat mitigated. Because Baltimore and Cleveland both have wicked front 7s.

Was the draft strategy sound?? We'll know in a few years, but I know the next QB to come under center after Ben will have a full arsenal at WR, TE and RB. LT will be the only concern that needs to be addressed.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I agree with the secondary, but that's all.