1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Week 1 monday night at FedEx field....

Discussion in 'Football Talk With Other Fans' started by Redskins1, May 14, 2016.

1. Redskins1

Redskins1 New Member

May 14, 2016
    Im already fired up for this game...my younger brother by 1 year is a diehard steelers fans since the early 70ty's like i have been a skins fan just as long....i have much respect for the steelers and there history...your steelers have been a model of consistency for so damn long and i have admired and jealous of that for a longtime...i know your teams history as well as i know my redskins history....i look forward to coming on this board to discuss our week 1 matchup on monday night football,cant wait...

2. Ender

Ender

Apr 5, 2014
    Looks like you've finally found your franchise QB in Cousins. I also like your coach. Takes some stones to bench RG3 after mortgaging the future to get him. Will be a great game to start the season. Btw, I was a big John Riggins fan as a kid.

3. Redskins1

Redskins1 New Member

May 14, 2016
    Yes it will be a helluva game on that monday night..i know steeler fans have very little respect for the redskins...but dont think for a second that it will not be a battle on monday night..

4. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Oh don't misinterpret that we don't have respect. We respect most teams. But since we don't play you very often, there just isn't much history. Now, I for one think your owner is a fruitcake. But no disrespect to everyone else.

And welcome.

5. Guest

Guest Guest

Many years ago, I lived in Alexandria, VA, for a year. Frequented many Redskins sports bars and dated a Redskins fan. Yeah, I don't like 'em. :lolol:

Welcome to TSF! :towel:

6. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    Growing up in Richmond, VA in the pre-cable days, I got Steelers games maybe 4 times per year but the Skins games every week going all the way back to the Billy Kilmer days. The team was always fun to watch until Steve Spurrier pretty much destroyed the team. Good luck in Week 1 and Go Steelers!

7. blountforcetrauma

blountforcetrauma Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    AB vs Josh Norman is gonna be great. I think he will have a harder time out of AB than he did OBJ. I've always had an affection for the Skins as well because I thought they had cool uniforms and a cool name and logo and all that. I couldn't stand Mark Rypien when I was little though. LOL!

8. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    It should be interesting, the Skins catch a break playing the Steelers early in the season.
    We are unfortunately slow starters. This one won't be easy.

9. Kenneth

Kenneth New Member

May 1, 2016
    I will be attending the game. I'm from Denmark (4000 miles away) but I'm traveling USA and Canada with my family in September. So while the rest of the family are having fun on Toronto, I will travel to Washington just for the Monday Night game in week 1. As I'm traveling alone I would like to ask if I could tag along with some fellow Steelers fans? Anyone interested? :)

• Like Like x 1
  10. blackandgoldpatrol

blackandgoldpatrol Well-Known Member

Dec 5, 2011
    Hate that you guys took Terrence Garvin from us, but he was buried on our depth chart.....
    Can you give us an update on him

11. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    I'm gonna be there. I got field passes! Gonna post a lot pics!

12. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Via Steelers Nation Unite?

Everybody going to the game have fun! Should be plenty of Steelers fans. FedEx is a **** stadium, seating sucks. Snyder is going to nickel and dime you from everything from over priced parking to water.

13. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016

Thats no lie the only other time I've been to FedEx was a Steelers preseason game. 2011 I think our rbs were Mendenhall and Dwyer at the time. Prices were steep af, and no not via SNU. I just got a hookup is all

Or was it Isaac Redman who was still there idk I forget. Oh yeah he was I think mendenhall and Dwyer were the one and two, and AB hadnt broke out til after that.

• Like Like x 1