1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We did it! Lowest ratings for Super Bowl since 2010

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Feb 5, 2018.

1. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    And Still the 10th most watched tv program ever watched. Superbowl/NFL is KING.
    And will continue for some time. $$$$$$$ how many pools where you on?

2. NY STEELERFAN

NY STEELERFAN Well-Known Member

Dec 10, 2012
    I was in way to many lol, the funny thing is I know a lot of people who said they were done with the NFL but yet when I ran my pool they were just about begging for squares and then said got to gotta have a reason to watch it....yeah right. The ratings don't lie a crap ton of people watched and yeah it says it was down a bit but I think a lot can be said about the new age of tv.....streaming online. I have heard a lot of people talk about this and have said they have no way to track it but believe the ratings are not as bad as what people think they are........don't get me wrong the ratings did take a hit but not as bad as most think.

3. Diamond

Diamond Well-Known Member

May 26, 2012
    Feb 2015:

NBC announced on Monday that the Patriots 28-24 last second victory over the Seattle Seahawks drew an average audience of 114.4 million viewers.

This makes Super Bowl XLIX the most watched broadcast in U.S. TV history.

Sunday's total was up from last year's 112.2 million viewers -- the largest recorded TV audience at the time.

http://money.cnn.com/2015/02/02/media/super-bowl-ratings/index.html

Last edited: Feb 14, 2018
  4. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Just because I like to complain:

That stat should be expressed as a percentage of possible viewers. More people and TVs these days skew things.