1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are going to do what Ben wants to do, and how Ben wants to do it.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Jun 15, 2021.

1. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I agree with this. I have both bashed, and stuck up for Tomlin at times. One thing is for sure, he has earned the criticism he gets.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I hate Ben......I used to like Ben.......then, for awhile, I wasn't sure how I felt about Ben.......now, I hate Ben........go away, Ben......;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    UGGGH yall need to give it a rest :facepalm:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Junebug

Junebug Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2018
    I hate people that say..."UGGGH yall need to give it a rest" LOL

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  5. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

UGGGH I don't care what / who you hate or what/ who you don't hate ..lol

• Like Like x 2
  6. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Mike Tomlin is a corporate micromanager looking out for number 1. Worked for several of them in the past. Good enough to get results but not gonna turn heads. Players must take over the team to make him relevant.

7. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    How did that turn out? Do the research and see how his winning percentage is when Ol Ben throws more then 35 times per game.

So I guess you like to be ranked at the bottom? They drafted Najee Harris due to the fact they had no clear cut game changer and also the offensive line was a shell. A commitment to the run is what we will see. An offensive line that dictates. That's the goal. Balanced offense.

Super Bowl? You have some lofty expectations. How about they win a playoff game.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Improving the line and ground game is much more achievable than the SB anyway. Not exactly apples to apples there.

The fact that they were dead last and have now made it a focal point to improve, odds are it will. How much remains to be seen.

Pretty unreasonable to think it won’t improve at all.

• Agree Agree x 5
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    I think the point @Seven4Steel was trying to make may have flown over your head.

A commitment to winning a Super Bowl doesn't mean you will find success in winning a Super Bowl.

A commitment to running the ball doesn't mean you will have success in running the ball.

We have a stud back, which we did not have last year. So that's an improvement.

But I am not sure how anyone can look at this O Line and see improvement. As of now no one knows who the center will be. We have a journeyman Tackle coming off an injury, and another Tackle who was average at best. We have a 6th round pick Guard who looks to be our best lineman, and David Decastro seems to be MIA / AWOL.

How is it exactly that we are better? Does the commitment itself make us better?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    You got my point exactly. Thank you.

And on another note, I hate it that the OP didn't make my point for me before I had one, thereby validating my relevance and heightening my over-inflated opinion of myself. If more people here would simply start their threads by bashing Tomlin and praising me, then I wouldn't have to even post. I hate having to post complaints about things that annoy me. I'd rather just have a message board dedicated to me and everything that makes me happy. If TTF could get on that, I would greatly appreciate it. And oh yeah, GO STEELERS!! :clapping:

Last edited: Jun 22, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    I got your point too but it’s not apples to apples. The fact that they will be blocking out of a 3 pt stance instead of always in a 2 pt stance to maximize Bens protection is a big difference right there in improving the run blocking.

Having Najee is another big difference and also what he brings to the passing game will help keep defenses off balance which in turn helps the run game.

I have a harder time believing the run blocking will remain dead last than believing they can’t improve upon that.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  12. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    What exactly do you mean with "you people"

• Like Like x 1
  13. Seven4Steel

Seven4Steel Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2020
    Few things besides apples are really apples to apples. I get where you're coming from, but it all remains to be seen.

Will they actually drop to a 3pt stance and get their fingers dirty for a change? Will we actually abandon the notion that our offense needs to park their cars in shotgun formation and that Ben's locker needs to be moved further away from the rest of them? Does Najee being here mean that we're going to "run" the offense through him? (See what I did there?)

And does any of this mean that the OL will gel with all the upheaval, stay healthy enough to develop a modicum of synergy, and actually perform better than last season? Only time will tell. Maybe Najee by himself makes this group look better and grade out better.

And as pessimistic as I tend to be, I'm not saying that failure is a foregone conclusion. It could go either way. And I agree with you that odds are that we see better OL performance than last year and that our running game is better, even markedly better than what we've suffered through the past few seasons. I mean, the chance of it getting worse? How is that even possible?

Off topic slightly, but damn, Najee looks like he's got the goods to be something really special for a long time. If only he would change his number to 32. :shrug:

• Like Like x 2
  14. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    We tried that with SDOT, it didn’t work. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  15. Chop111

Chop111 Member

Jun 22, 2021
  16. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    Not sure what your saying is fact or will actually happen but it would be nice to see. WIth this OL, not sure if it matters how many points they block from but we'll see if all the hype is realized. JMO>

• Like Like x 1
  17. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    That sounds like me every game Ben has played for the Steelers. "Ben sucks" "You da man Ben" "terrible throw Ben" "Amazing pass Ben". And that's just the first half.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    I'm sorry, I hadn't taken in to account that some rank and file members could be birds, amphibians, fish and reptiles. Or, archaic humans, e.g., mongoloid. I apologize in advance for any confusion. I'll leave it up to to you, KVS to determine who belongs in what class.

• Like Like x 1
  19. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    First five minutes for me, lol.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  20. Blast Furnace

Oct 16, 2011
    What stance you block from absolutely matters but as far as if it actually happens, I have no reason to believe they would lie about it. Can’t see them using a first round pick on a RB just to put him at a disadvantage by run blocking out of a 2 pt stance.

We’ll know come September.

• Like Like x 1
  21. PWP

PWP Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Great point about the stance as the 3 point is designed to get the weight moving slightly forward forcing OL to fire off and explode if not falling on their face is coming ..On the flip side that damn 2 pt. stance is built for catching,dancing,and playing some grab ass..Much better suited for the prom or even after the prom..I watched way to much I fall down you fall on top of me 2 pt crap.. Again save that crap for after the prom...

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Hey, I resemble that remark

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021
    • Like Like x 1
  23. The Sodfather

Nov 17, 2014
    Well if it walks like a mongoloid and drools like one..........:roflmao:

24. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Wonder if they start calling holding again.

• Winner Winner x 1
  25. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    And..... Friermuth could/should also help in the " running " game

• Agree Agree x 2