1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

We are going to do what Ben wants to do, and how Ben wants to do it.

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by TuRnDoWnForWaTT, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Rush2seven

Rush2seven Well-Known Member

Oct 17, 2011
    It would be foolish for MC to design an offense like they have in Baltimore for one simple reason, Steelers don’t have the same QB as they do in Baltimore. It would be silly to design an offline they have in KC, Buffalo, and many other places. If it’s not to the QB’s strengths, there’s a good chance it’s not successful. I think it’s fair to say that along with Henry, the Tennessee offense suits RT better than the one in Miami did. Bottom line, it’s the Primetime way. Look good, feel good. Feel good, play good.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    You're begging the question - who says they're throwing 50 5-yd passes a game? They're going to play small ball this year. Let's not forget they drafted a punter with a cannon for a leg.

Hopefully their worst possessions will still flip the field.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    I am going on the record that Ben will not throw for more then 35 times a game unless needed.

Sounds like a smokescreen that the offense will be the same as last season. Canada is just being a spin doctor to the press.

There will be a commitment to the run.

• Like Like x 2
    • Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  4. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    Just having some fun haha

• Like Like x 2
  5. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Even if they are throwing up smoke screens the bottom line is if this OLine still can’t run block you better have Barry Sanders not Najee Harris!

Id assume we try to run more than last year based on a number 1 draft pick. How successful that is and how quickly they abandon it remains to be seen. I am not sold this O Line is any better in fact I could make a case it’s worse, Decastro a year older and Pouncy gone.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

TuRnDoWnForWaTT Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2018
    They also drafted a punter with the worst kicking motion I have seen from an NFL player since the 60's. It is like a drop kick, and blocked punts could be a real problem for Harvin. No doubt he will be an instant fan favorite due to his body size, and passion for the game. I don't think he ends up making the roster.

As for small ball, and not throwing 50 times a game, I am all for that. I will just believe it when I see it. The Steelers cannot risk Ben taking hits. The best way to do that is to keep him in the shotgun, and get the ball out of his hand quickly. It is a damned if you do, damned if you dont situation. I am sure the Steelers would love to line up and impose their will on people. But if you do that, Ben will take hits, and the season is over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    At this point, Rudolph running play action from under center with Harris at RB would be a more productive offense than Roethlisberger always in shotgun. The last 6 games of '20 proved this.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    I’ll take that bet ;)

That kicking motion produced a 65 yard punt the other day according to Kaboly. I don’t care about his body size other than it will be fun to see him blow someone up if they break one. :butcher:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    I am pulling for him too. I love guys that get all hyped up the way he does. I just don't think his punting motion is going to translate into a successful NFL career. I guess we can revisit this bet in a couple months. LOL :drinks:

• Like Like x 1
  10. TuRnDoWnForWaTT

Jan 1, 2018
    Yeah, but Ben wasn't exactly healthy those 6 games.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. Jujubean

Jujubean Well-Known Member

Aug 12, 2019
    Ben wasn’t healthy because Ben can no longer stay healthy, he has no mobility and will only be a matter of time before the Dallas game happens to him this season.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Maybe, probably. At this point we got what we got. Might as well make peace with it and enjoy the season.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. Blitz

Blitz Well-Known Member

Apr 18, 2016
    Emphasis on disguised. What better way to disguise the changing offense then say "Were gonna do what Ben wants to do" as if to say, a la, much of the same.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    You would think the people who make personnel decisions would see what the rest of us can clear as day. But here we are.

15. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    They're using different schemes in the run game, Art II told them they need to be more physical and run the ball, I doubt they will be worse than last year.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. DukeDukeDaDaDa

DukeDukeDaDaDa Well-Known Member

Sep 24, 2017
    And if they don't what's he gonna do? Fire them?

• Like Like x 1
  17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I'm not worried about it, the running game will be better this year, it can't get any worse than being ranked 32nd last year :shrug:.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    You all realize that Alabama ran out of Shotgun quite a bit last 2 years.

• Like Like x 1
  19. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You are privy to about 10 percent of the information that the team has when making decisions yet you got it all figured out.

• Like Like x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Last time I checked, Alabama was a college team. That crap don't fly in the NFL. Yes, Alabama is the cream of the crop, but the NFL worst Jets and Jaguars would destroy the Crimson Tide in a matchup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Not 2 argue but what has that 2 do with it. Should we then discard everything we see from college ball???
    What I was trying 2 say is Harris has run a lot from Shotgun, and pistol.
    Other teams ran shotgun more than we did last year.
    I know everyone will say they did it with mobile QBs. I say a lot did it with mobile QBs that can't throw.
    As of College ball Alabamas Qb wasn't so mobile.
    Also last time I check Harris played 4 Alabama

22. AskQuestionsLater

AskQuestionsLater Writing Team

Apr 21, 2016

Running the shotgun you mean?!

• Like Like x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    With Mason resigned, Haskins added & Dobbs gettin ready to break out.

:herewego!:

24. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I don't care if he makes it or not at this point. I will be for the punter that does the best when it counts, under game conditions. We've seen what Berry can do, lets wait and see how this competition unfolds and whoever comes out on top, I am good with it.

• Agree Agree x 2
  25. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    I agree with your prediction of a better run game especially when the organization so vocally made this a priority since the end of last season including who we drafted. Not to do so would create an image problem for all involved IMO>