1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

way early mock

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Feb 7, 2022.

1. Dax777

Dax777 Well-Known Member

Apr 16, 2021
    Fair enough.

• Like Like x 1
  2. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    final picks

1. sam howell qb NC ---- i think it's he or ridder. corral may be the dark horse. pickett should be gone but if not he is the pick.

2. bryan cook SS cincinnati

3. channing tindall LB georgia

4. coby bryant CB cincinnati

6. luke fortner C/G kentucky

7. lucas krull TE pittsburgh

7. myron cunningham OT arkansas

that's my story and i'm stickin to it. make it happen kevin. :smiley1::cool:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
  3. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really like this....only one change. I'd switch 1, and 2. :thumbs_up:

4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    as long as we get them both i'd be happy. the hansford pick i'd be really excited about. we took his mate last year so i'm sure they are familiar with hansford. he was at 4.60 and at his pro day ran a 4.51. nice. would be a steal in the 6th. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 16, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    1. sam howell qb NC ---- i think it's he or ridder. corral may be the dark horse. pickett should be gone but if not he is the pick.

2. quay walker LB georgia

3. alontae taylor CB tennessee

4. bryan cook SS cincinnati

6. luke fortner C/G kentucky

7. kaleb eleby QB w.michigan

that's my story and i'm stickin to it. make it happen kevin. :smiley1::cool:[/QUOTE]

OK fixed it with the addition of boykin. this one i'm sticking to. ........... i think. ;):smiley1::cool:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011

OK fixed it with the addition of boykin. this one i'm sticking to. ........... i think. ;):smiley1::cool:[/QUOTE]
    No way they come out of this draft without a WR, with Diontae being in the last year of his contract and all.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    No way they come out of this draft without a WR, with Diontae being in the last year of his contract and all.[/QUOTE]

ya never know. krull is a big TE that can run. 4.55 guy. maybe they want to play big receiver ball. claypool, boykin, muth, krull, gentry. like trees standing out there for the qb. :shrug: we will find out soon enough. i know they have had zero wr's in for visits. :cool:

8. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    No way they come out of this draft without a WR, with Diontae being in the last year of his contract and all.[/QUOTE]
    Agreed, but I think they can later, but of course We shall see.
    I wish the freaking draft would hurry up, and get Here

9. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    ya never know. krull is a big TE that can run. 4.55 guy. maybe they want to play big receiver ball. claypool, boykin, muth, krull, gentry. like trees standing out there for the qb. :shrug: we will find out soon enough. i know they have had zero wr's in for visits. :cool:[/QUOTE]
    They met with plenty of receivers during their pro day visits.

• Like Like x 1
  10. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    They met with plenty of receivers during their pro day visits.[/QUOTE]
    With a name like Krull.....He should be drafted. Hell I'll go get that jersey.

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

OK fixed it with the addition of boykin. this one i'm sticking to. ........... i think. ;):smiley1::cool:[/QUOTE]

this is it before the draft. i know no WR but we will pick one up as an UDFA i'm sure. we also have two with experience in miller and sims. 3 that we like in vaughn, white and bussey. add olszewski, boykin to that group along with DJ and claypool and we should be in pretty good shape. we also have 4 prety good TE's in muth, gentry, radar and sternberger added late last year. we have some weapons for trubisky. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    They met with plenty of receivers during their pro day visits.[/QUOTE]
    The freshman TE( played last year) Pitt has right now is way better than Krull and will be a top pick when he is eligible. Big and athletic
    Really good TE.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    The freshman TE( played last year) Pitt has right now is way better than Krull and will be a top pick when he is eligible. Big and athletic
    Really good TE.[/QUOTE]

krull which i removed from my latest list by the way, is a pretty decent blocker. gentry is heading into his final season. they need a guy that can block and has some ability to get downfield. radar does a good job of blocking and he can catch. sternberger i am anxious to see what he brings as well. gentry is tall. he can block OK but he doesn't give you much as a receiver. more of a post up tall tree type and won't give you much after the catch. he's alright as that second TE but this position could be improved. they have actually met with a few TE's. this is a really good class for them too. most are not even looking at them because our need is down some. the steelers are though. :cool:

14. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    1. sam howell QB NC
    2. skyy moore WR western michigan
    3. alontea taylor CB tennessee
    4. nick cross S maryland
    6. hassan haskins RB michigan
    7. josh ross LB michigan
    :cool:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  15. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    krull which i removed from my latest list by the way, is a pretty decent blocker. gentry is heading into his final season. they need a guy that can block and has some ability to get downfield. radar does a good job of blocking and he can catch. sternberger i am anxious to see what he brings as well. gentry is tall. he can block OK but he doesn't give you much as a receiver. more of a post up tall tree type and won't give you much after the catch. he's alright as that second TE but this position could be improved. they have actually met with a few TE's. this is a really good class for them too. most are not even looking at them because our need is down some. the steelers are though. :cool:[/QUOTE]
    Steelers are good at the TE position, it is the least of their worries

16. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    I’ll take it, but I think we’ll see your 4th and 7th round picks go a full round earlier. Maybe 2 rounds earlier in Haskins’ case. I’d also be surprised if Howell is on the board much past pick #40.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

you may be right with howell but trying to read the tea leaves with the steelers i can almost see the gears turning that they have a couple of guys (willis and pickett) that they would take in the first at 20 and if not there they switch gears and go to a hamilton, dax hill or brisker and then wait for who drops to 52 for the qb in the form of (howell, ridder and with some interest in strong now makes me think he would be in that group).

haskins may go earlier but i have seen him around later too. i think they like him. i've seen stueber as well earlier and later. they seem to like ross at LB as well but have worked out these penn st. backers too. i'd have a hard time though if they got hill for them to get stueber, ross and haskins all from michigan. :puking 3:being the buckeye fan i am. :beee:

:smiley1::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  18. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    I really wouldn't mind this at all. :thumbs_up:
    In fact I'd be very happy.

• Like Like x 1
  19. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    If they are great for us ....You will get over it. :thumbs_up:
    I have 2 do it all the time. For example: I hated H. Ward ....until the Steelers got Him.

20. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    yea but that is only 1, we are talking 4 in one draft. LOL:lolol::swoon:

:cool:

21. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

there fixed it and yes 5 from michigan maybe. well, maybe 4 and a western michigan. still. :shrug::cool:

• Like Like x 1
  22. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    Can you give me Corral or Ridder instead of Howell and grab a huge UDFA DT? If so, we good. ;)

• Like Like x 1
  23. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    this is it. willis or pickett if there at 1. don't think they will be. they have met with taylor several times and he is close to sutton as i have seen. cross is roommates with tomlins son. they have met several times. :cool:

Last edited: Apr 29, 2022
  24. Steelers113

Steelers113 Well-Known Member

Jul 31, 2017
    sky isn’t making it to the third. If he makes it to the Steelers second pick he will be gone.

25. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    there fixed it for ya. :smiley1::cool: