1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Vince Williams

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Rollers, Oct 26, 2020.

1. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    It wasn't nearly as bad as McCoy. Even on television, you could see that McCoy was glassy-eyed and unsteady on his feet. That was a disgrace. Did Tannehill even take long to get up after the hit?

2. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    He has been beaten quite a bit in coverage. He's not great at it, but his run defense and blitzing ability more than make up for that deficiency.

People have mentioned him spying on Jackson. I don't think he can pull that one off. He isn't fast enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I should clarify this. I'm not talking about the hit when I mentioned McCoy but rather the circus that went on afterwards that included his father claiming that his son should have never been allowed back into the game. It was one of the spring board moments to having the protocol and independent evaluators. You are right Tannehill barely missed a beat and appeared fine but I think they should have evaluated him after the play just to be sure.

4. Steelhammer92

Steelhammer92 Well-Known Member

May 19, 2015
    Williams is pretty much this era's Larry Foote.. Consistently dependable and underappreciated.