1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuiit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 26, 2022.

1. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    Not even. He'd play 30% of downs or something. We'll take a WR instead. :hehehe:

2. Brandon556211

Brandon556211 Well-Known Member

Sep 11, 2018
    Which one in yall is going to buy the house? I bet it’s nice.

3. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I get that, but I’m factoring in the age of the players as well. Hey ward had a fantastic year, but at 32 there will be a dip or major injury sooner rather than later. Alualu is 34 going on 35 I believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Im actually scheduled to look at it later today.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    So he is selling it now though? Steelers wouldn't trade him at this point.

Unless he already has a house somewhere else, I'm guessing it is safe to say they aren't trading him.

So he is either retiring, or he bought a different house in Pittsburgh and is staying with the team?

6. OX1947

OX1947 Well-Known Member

Jan 12, 2017
    No one ever found out what the issue was with him not playing?

7. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    I'd rather see us sign FA on the D-line to start at NT. Grab a later round player to compete with the others. Losing Tuitt really sucks because that would have plugged a huge hole in fixing our run defense. We still need an ILB x 2 , SS, Corner x2, and now 2 D-linemen to start. That's just on the defensive side of the ball. On offense we need WR x 2, OT, OG, Center, and a QB. The O-line needs to be the #1 priority IMO.

Fact of the matter is the offense is desperate for a legit WR. If a big play WR is there in the first round - take him. Our plan to use the first round on playmakers has largely worked. We seem to always fail when drafting need first vs quality. That said we should be targeting OT, Center, WR, LB, DT, and/or SS in the first couple rounds. The nice thing about needing so much is we can take the best talent available. I'm very worried we are going to trade up to take a Qb. Our ability to grade QB's has not been good. Look at the guys we have drafted and signed over the past decade. Tomlin does not know what a good Qb is until he lights our defense up for 500 yards.

• Like Like x 1
  8. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    he ought to be sued! what a clown - child. the inmates are running the asylum today, ripping off owners (and fans..)

9. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    I get where you’re coming from, and that’s presumably why they drafted Loudermilk, so that he’d be ready when Cam finishes up. They couldn’t have factored in losing Tuitt like this

I still think that if they have both Cam and Tuitt available going in to 2022 it’ll be difficult to justify a high pick on the DLine. This team just has so many holes, virtually every position group is a need.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    I'm not saying reach, but when pick 20 rolls around and if a stud D lineman is there they should take him.

• Like Like x 1
  11. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    wait, wut?

a hit? I honestly don't know the details here. I thought it was just a random homocide (as random as a homocide can be). What are the details here?

12. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

The brother of Pittsburgh Steelers defensive end Stephon Tuitt was killed in a hit-and-run car accident on Wednesday. Richard Bartlett III, 23, was struck by a car in Johns Creek, an Atlanta suburb, just around 9:30 p.m.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/stephon-tuitts-brother-killed-in-hit-and-run/ar-AAKIgnC

They still never made an arrest as far as I know.

• Informative Informative x 1
  13. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    He clearly said hit and run.

15. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    All depends on how the board falls, if the BPA is a potentially great defensive tackle then sure.

I’d put OT, Center, CB and WR all well ahead as needs personally but they need everything so you can’t go wrong once you get a good player

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  16. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Great player when healthy. But he can't stay.

Has dealt with several injuries and then his Brothers unfortunate situation.

I feel he is done. Selling his house, going back to ND to get his degree.

The Steelers did right by him as they do. Time to move on.

I wish the best for him.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    until the defensive philosophy changes, i'm not sure just a player will fix the d-line.

we went away from our d-linemen taking up blockers and playing the run to them helping with the pass rush more. this came in when butler took over for DLB or at the end of DLB when tomlin was taking more control and tweeking it. our LB'ers in the middle have suffered from this and our run defense has suffered. although sacks have gone up, other parts have gone down. this isn't a player problem.

we wanted more pressure and that works until it doesn't work and then the use of the nickel and less down linemen have also contributed to these woes. before we were struggling against the pass and they made this change. we put in more man coverage if you all remember. part of the DLB problem they kept saying. in the last couple of years DLB was here they were trying to draft more man coverage corners. DLB was stammering for them. that didn't work out that well, because they were still playing a lot of zone. we needed players that could do both. that is a lot harder to find.

haden came in and nelson came in and the front end changed to more pass rush from the d-line to help. we doubled down and went after inside linebackers that could cover better and run. again this has hurt our run defense but bolstered the pass defense. you give up one for the other. fix one thing and create a weakness elsewhere. butler and tomlin aren't as great at playing that chess game required to counter what the other offense is doing during a game. that's what we need fixed not so much players added. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Well...When you have Bush who can't /won't fill a hole...Overruns plays, can't diagnose plays,gets swallowed up by OL, and can't get off blocks...AND, can't cover... You'll have that!

• Like Like x 1
  19. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017
    I like Christian Harris, personally we need to draft dl and lb, I understand the complaints about coaching, but our lbs for the past few years w a few exceptions have been merely standout special teamers, nothing wrong w that but not elite, the great d minds in coaching will look mediocre w guys like Spence, Matakavich, Spillane, Bostic... criticism maybe warranted for Olsavsky but he really hasn't had elite since Shazier and before that there was Kirkland in his prime, or the serviceable combo of early years Woodley/Timmons, we need elite more than we need a new ilb coach, I know my defense of Olsavsky makes me feel like I am sitting alone in the cafeteria w the assistant librarian and the new foreign student who has difficulty speaking English and the cool "fire Olsavsky" crowd owns the table in the back, I understand

also, prayers for Tuitt, was thinking that the comradery of being on a team might help him but I cant speak for him

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
    • Like Like x 1
  20. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    agreed

it won't happen IF this occurs. and won't be necessary, either. other BIG needs elsewhere

Last edited: Jan 28, 2022
  21. KnoxVegasSteel

KnoxVegasSteel Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    Some people like Bush not covering the hole ;)

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  22. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    is that beard bothering you at times? :lolol::smiley1::cool:

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  23. Steel_Elvis

Steel_Elvis Staff Member Mod Team

Nov 4, 2011
    Always keep in mind that dead money is dead money. Making a cut post June 1 doesn’t eliminate the dead money, it just pushes it to the next year’s cap.

• Like Like x 1
  24. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    Correct. It all comes down to when you want to spend the money. With the amount of cap space they have this year it probably makes sense to take the dead money hit and lower cap savings in 2022.

• Agree Agree x 1
  25. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Cut bait, fill a hole, which we have many to fill thru savings.

• Agree Agree x 1