1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tuiit

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Disco1981, Jan 26, 2022.

1. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    With a healthy Tuitt, Heyward, Alualu, Adams, Wormley and Loudermilk I don’t think DL was an immediate priority for this draft at all. They usually only keep six interior DL, who are they going to cut from that six? It’s actually one of their strongest areas if you have all those guys.

I know some of the guys are getting on but Cam has at least two good years left you would hope and they can always pick up a free agent to play NT along the way, or draft another developmental guy knowing they have time.

2. Da Stellars

Da Stellars Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    DL isn't a priority IMHO, unless they can find some immovable force at NT in the draft.

3. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    If Tuitt isn’t coming back and somebody good is there in rounds 2-3 I’d take them

If Tuitt is coming back I’d agree it’s not really a need this year

4. SteelHack

SteelHack Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I feel for Tuitt...I really do

BUT my dad passed in 2010..I alsowent crazy. I loaded up what i got in my car and moved to Hollywood.

12 years later it still sucks just as much that he is gone

So while i understand her has the $$$ to just walk away. Most people on this world suffer trauma. and have no choice but to get up and go back to work and life... there is no plan B

HACK

• Like Like x 1
  5. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Post June 1st we save 9 million and dead cap is 4.9 million. According to over the cap website

• Like Like x 1
  6. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    That’s right, but if the Steelers wanted to be a little cold about it they’d have every right to ask him to return some or all of that $8m signing bonus they gave him last August.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    I understand your sentiment Hack but unfortunately there is a plan B and it ends in a very dark place, there are plans C and D and they can be destructive too. Here's hoping he gets past it instead of swallowed by it.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Thanks

9. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Can't they suspend his contract like would happen with a holdout?

He doesn't count against the cap, he doesn't get paid, and it doesn't count as a contract year.

He is basically holding out.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    That's essentially a public storage bin in So Cal these days. I can't afford to re-buy the last 2 homes I've owned in and around So Cal. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  11. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    based on how they performed against the run when they lost Alualu and not having Tuitt I’d say they need to do some work there.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    he wasn’t holding out. For part of it he had an injury, the other part was also injury, just the emotional kind. How do you think it would go over with free agents if the Steelers were a bunch of heartless ****s.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  13. hmmmmm

hmmmmm Well-Known Member

Dec 17, 2020
    Considering he didn’t play a snap this year they should take back anything they can

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Yes, in a workplace it would be part of the FMLA. I don't think allowing one of your employees to take leave because of personal problems would qualify as heartless.

But they don't continue to draw a paycheck, there job is just put on hold until they return.

They don't need to cut him, they just need to put him on leave. I am pretty sure they did this for the players who sat out because of Covid.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    If I needed to take a leave I can use sick days which would pay me.

16. SteelersFanIrl

Mar 3, 2019
    No team can be expected plan for or cope with losing 2/3 of their starters on the DLine for the entire season without a massive dip in performance. It’s impossible to have that kind of depth when there is a salary cap.

Also bear in mind the play at ILB was awful and they were in nickel more often for personnel reasons. They also lost Dupree and Hilton in free agency, both good run defenders, and Watt was in and out of the team with injuries. The Run D had no chance of holding up when you look at the totality of the circumstances they were dealing with vs previous years, blaming it all on the interior defensive line is oversimplifying the issue.

If they have a healthy complement for 2022 DLine is not a need in the draft for me. If Tuitt is not coming back that changes things obviously, and they do need to plan long term at NT. Adams looked promising and could possibly rotate with Alualu in 2022, a full offseason programme may bring him on more.

Ideally you’d be stacked everywhere but that’s just not realistic, they have far greater needs in the draft than IDL

17. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I posted this last week :shrug:.

18. Fe3CCity

Fe3CCity Well-Known Member

Aug 21, 2012
    I think there will be a double dip at DL.

Like a 2nd 3rd and a 6th tweener (olb De)

I think they like taco (tweener) and he'll stick next year.

I just don't see QB in the cards with so many other holes. However, if you have a shot at one you love, go get em.

I say oline dl ilb wr de/olb RB .

19. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Stop the presses. Somebody is selling a home.

In all seriousness though. I think he is done with football mentally and physically. It's unfortunate but I think the challenge of having his brother killed in an unresolved hit and run has just taken too much of a toll on him. Hope he can find peace soon.

• Like Like x 3
  20. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Yea, but you didn't spell his name wrong so it got no attention.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  21. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    Dulac in his chat implied if Tuitt planned on playing they would want him back. Dulac also said the Steelers should draft D-line in 1st and third rounds, o-line in second round. That's a lot of d-linemen, if Tuitt comes back. Heyward, Tuitt, Alualu, Wormley, possibly Adams, and two draft picks.

22. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Go pat yourself on the back

• Like Like x 2
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  23. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  24. FosterMorris

FosterMorris Well-Known Member

Dec 21, 2016
    It is a lot of DL to draft when the Steelers often only use 1 or 2 down linemen- which is also why they can't stop the run.

I think Wormley can be used as an edge in rotation. Not too much drop off from Highsmith to Wormley in pass rush ability if any. Adams the only one I see playing 2i, 2 or 0 technique other than Alualu (if he's back) and Heyward.

25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yeah, if he was still there in the second round.