1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Trade Cam Heyward!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by 86WardsWay, Oct 31, 2022.

1. Madmike77

Madmike77 Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2019
    I’m ok with letting Heyward go from a talent and age perspective. But who’s the team leader if Cam departs?

I think player leadership is sorely lacking on this club, especially on the O. Cam seems to be the one steadying force.

• Like Like x 2
  2. shadowmaker

shadowmaker Well-Known Member

Nov 3, 2011
    Some of yall have lost your dang minds. We had the #1 WR, #1 RB, HoF QB, All Pro OL, and above avg Defense and they went 1 and done in the play offs. SOOOO, now yall want to trade the only players on the team that are great? Everything has been changed now but 1 thing. EVERYTHING. Canada calls a play that I literally see every week at a local high school football game and people went absolutely nuts bc it scored a TD. I am not joking, I see it every week. WHERE are the LBers that the Steelers are known for? There use to be better LBers on the practice squad than most teams have starting. Where is the bruiser RB? Where is the DL that shut down running games? I dont hate him, I dont dislike him, I am not a fire the coach type person. I will give somebody credit, maybe it is Tomlin but they can draft the crap out of WRs, geez they have been deep in this position for years.... But Tomlin is 100% out of his league. Fire away, I dont care, I have my flame suit on.

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I ain't firing away at nothing. That is spot on!
    We could draft #1 for 3 years straight but the Standard will always be the Standard and next man up with but another that Tomlin couldn't coach up nor could any of his assistants. Draft High, Draft often. He has already proven to be failure at beating teams he's supposed to while playing down to competition and then stubbing his toe always lately in the playoffs. I'm glad Kenny Pickett see's it and called it out. He'll probably be benched soon for going against the status quo. Harris is fed up with it. Heyward is fed up with it and Chase Claypool was traded because of it. Tomlin is way over his head and his own team aint buying what he's selling anymore. WAY PAST TIME FOR MAJOR CHANGES.

On that note I'll grab my tissues now that some particular stalker keeps trying to give me. J/K. I almost couldn't care less anymore if this is how we are going to go forward. Seem to be taking notes from the Pirates organization lately after Dan passed away.

• Like Like x 2
  4. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    Cam is a good man and has been a good soldier for this team, playoff performance aside. People are going to single him out, they should single out a hell of lot more poor performances before Cameron Heyward.

That said, I think if he should ever ask for a trade, he should be accommodated. However, I believe he would want to play the rest of his days here. He's a Pittsburgher through and through.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. SteelersUK

SteelersUK Well-Known Member

Dec 4, 2017

Cam Heyward is one of the few exceptions on a weak minded team that actually epitomises Steeler football.

Clear out one of the last few leaders and who is going to be the one to drive change in team culture?

• Like Like x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    [​IMG]

7. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Yet they have the same record in the Super Bowl :shrug:.

8. thorn058

thorn058 Well-Known Member

Oct 19, 2011
    Awe thanks I am feeling a bit stuffed up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  9. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I love Cam, but this was the guy telling people to skip volunteer workouts a couple years ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. StillCurtain

StillCurtain Well-Known Member

Dec 24, 2018

Yeah he deserves a ring. Wish it was with us but his time is limited given the position he plays and that he's got about 10 seasons under his belt.

11. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    Glenn was that during the start of the pandemic or when the union wad was working on the new CBA

12. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    I believe it was before 2021 season.

13. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    That's what I was thinking it was.

14. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    He is a team captain and he’s telling others to skip workouts. Not winning a championship with that attitude.

15. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    I’ll take the tissues as well. Team is kinda stuck until he goes tbh…

16. thorn058

Oct 19, 2011
    My take on that was that the league and PA couldn't get there stuff figured out on Covid-19 and Cam was telling them to stay away until they had a clear protocol that everyone followed. Who knows.

To your point I'd go a step beyond and say when you are a team captain and have been around football since the day you were born you better be at the front of the line telling your coaches how stupid it is to ignore scouting reports, to not creating a game plan to go after an opponents weaknesses, to prepare for tough matchups. Basically the we don't concern ourselves with what other teams do mentality is not a way to win a championship.

17. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    Wasn’t that during Covid at its peak

IDK if I’m banging him in the head for that one

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Kreighoff

Kreighoff Well-Known Member

Nov 25, 2017
    So right with that comment I would ask Cam first he has played so well and so hard for so long he deserves to be asked before anything is even thought of.

Even in the final minutes of a game out of reach Cam was running downfield making tackles on the far side of the field.

Not sure how vocal Cam is but man he does set a great example.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. mcam

mcam Well-Known Member

Feb 5, 2017
    Some people give the feeling of old school football and Cam is one of them.

The Steelers might suck currently but watching him play is one of the reasons I turn the TV on.

Imo there are a couple of players you just don't trade unless he would come out and say he wanted it.

20. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Yeah this was never going to happen. He is our top locker room leader that's on the team and we don't have many of those anymore. He is worth more than his contract.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Tomlin hasn’t lost to an expansion team either. Nor has he given the bengals 2/3 of their wins in a season.

22. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Pretty sure you’re correct. At one point cam was thinking of sitting out the season due to having asthma

23. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I 100% agree even though I started this thread. Like I said, it's kind of tongue in cheek but I really feel sorry that he will probably never win a Superbowl ring. On a contender at least he has that chance and probably helps that team get there.

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Been many a great players on the Steelers not win a SB.

25. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012
    Can't think of any born and raised in Pittsburgh though. Not recently anyhow.

• Like Like x 1