1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlins terrible decisions could ruin Picketts development. 0-4 as starter?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, Oct 4, 2022.

1. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    Technically 1-2. But the win didn’t seem like his. That’s not the point. His development is being ruined. He has 2 tds and SEVEN ints. Soon he will get the Baker Mayfield treatment.

If he starts the Jets game I’m confident he throws for 2 tds and runs for 2. We win and these last 3 games go a lot differently. It’s all momentum.

2. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    There’s three.

2 tds. 8 ints. Fumbles.

Bye week will be ugly. I think media and fans will start to turn on him a bit. He was set on the path of failure by Tomlin's terrible decisions which was predicted in OP. Canada has been terrible as well.

Pickett looked like he had the tools first 2 games but he’s got progressively worse.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  3. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    he doesn't look like an NFL QB at all. If he didn't go to Pitt the fans would really be sh*tting on him. He's getting this big of a pass so far because he went to Pitt. Not because he is a rookie. Pickett is loser in the 4th quarter and he's just not good. Good news is he will lead us to a few top 5 picks before the Steelers don't resign him

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    O-line didn't do Pickett any favors today.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SDOT

SDOT Well-Known Member

Aug 1, 2016
    I agree. But I still believe if he starts the Jets game we win and ride the momentum. Bills game would’ve been tighter. Beat Tampa and the Dolphins. Lose this game. 4-4 at bye instead of 2-6. Just look at his first two games vs last two. Just doesn’t seem the same. Spark is gone and team isn’t buying into him.

6. FootballAnalyst98

FootballAnalyst98 Well-Known Member

Jan 23, 2018
    Everyone passed on him for a reason when several teams needed a qb and desperate qb needy teams normally will reach for a guy. No one did.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    Pickett did not win that game Mitch did if we are being really honest... The fan meltdown will be epic considering the constant crying to get our pro ready 1st round pick on the field... The Steelers need to give Pickett this contract to prove himself and they also need to take the LOS seriously in up coming drafts

8. BAMASteeler

BAMASteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2022
    I said the same thing and was told I was crazy and all of that was BS...

9. mytake

mytake Well-Known Member

Dec 26, 2016
    The Steelers are using the flag football model to rebuild. Claypool, Harris, and Pickett are the top picks over the past three years, when they should have been rebuilding their foundations. the o-line and d-line. A number of teams are playing Steelers football, but the Steelers aren't one of them.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Trubisky won that Game!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Oh look @jeh1856 our other neighborhood troll

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1