1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by biggbunch68, Apr 20, 2021.

1. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Talking to yourself again?

• Like Like x 1
  2. Disco1981

Disco1981 Well-Known Member

Mar 20, 2017
    Just adding to my prior post

• Like Like x 2
  3. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

I said the day after that disaster, somewhere in a thread on this forum that I could tell as the teams were coming out of the locker rooms before the coin toss which team was going to win. Cleveland was fired up and the Steelers were just going through the motions. It actually dawned on me after they were leaving the field during warmups but really stuck in my mind once they came onto the field. Cleveland didn't even have their HC and ours was probably taking a nap before game time.

Still don't really get how this organization can give Tomlin an extension after that let down. He should have been on a prove you belong season this year.

4. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

Well, the Hall Monitor says Stop It!;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Apparently, Tomlin's boss believes differently. Tomlin's boss can look outside the disappointment of the losses to provide his own analysis.

I don't get furious over losses. It makes no sense to get furious. I look at the main factors in the losses. I don't believe Tomlin was the main factor in the loss. I believe turnovers and poor execution were the main factors. They usually are the difference in games.

I suspect that Tomlin's boss feels much like I do. He said, "when you turn the ball over four times in the first half, you're not going to beat many people." and "we just didn't give ourselves a chance. No need to overanalyze that. We just didn't give ourselves a chance."

"It's hard to analyze what we did there in terms of turning the ball over that way. I don't really see how you attribute that to coaching preparation. I think the team went into that game prepared. Felt like we were going to win. It wasn't one of those things we came out flat, or anything like that. You just can't turn the ball over. In terms of the overall season, we set a franchise record starting out 11-0, won our division. Those are the positives. The way we finished was not one of the positives. I know Mike feels as bad about that as any of us and is determined to do what we need to do to fight to get back into having another opportunity to win the division and move on."

Now if you choose to place your focus on the negatives that's all you will see as a fan. If you allow the disappointment to cloud your view point then it will be difficult to conduct a proper analysis. Hate on Tomlin and focus on the negatives all you want. It will just make your Steelers experience less enjoyable.

A organization is a reflection of the ownership.

• Like Like x 2
  6. BURGH43STEL

BURGH43STEL Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    So that's how you analyze a win vs a loss? SMH. If that's the case it's kind of clear why you wouldn't understand why the Steelers gave Tomlin an extension.

7. 86WardsWay

Dec 27, 2012

I didn't analyze sh*t. It was blatantly obvious!

8. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    So,Tomlin gets a free pass/ excuse for EVERY big game loss? It's been going on ELEVEN years that we haven't won a ONE big game!

Injuries/ other team just played outstanding/ fluke plays in games, **** happens...But not year after year after year.. With great teams ****ting the bed,and them not ONCE just playing a great game themselves...You really don't believe that?

9. Disco1981

Mar 20, 2017
    Ok

10. mikeyg

mikeyg Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020

it's sad - it is the new 'standard' - mediocrity.