1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin says "definitly no" to starting pickett

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Sep 23, 2022.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've been an advocate for the guy just because of watching Trub.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 86WardsWay

86WardsWay Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012

Your reply gave me an idea for a new nickname for Mitch........Flub..........Flubisky.

flub

INFORMAL•NORTH AMERICAN
    verb
    1. botch or bungle (something).
      noun
    1. a thing badly or clumsily done; a blunder.
      "the textbooks are littered with flubs"

[​IMG]

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
  3. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    The Pittsburgh Steelers organization would never think that way. I have trouble thinking any of the 32 NFL teams would tank especially after game 3.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    The heck? I said 40 years ago grasshopper.

5. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    When you're offense is doing a quick 3 and out. Of course our defense is being treated way more than they should

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    There was an article saying 3 teams have. 2 were in the past but cardinals did it recently

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. R2sojr

R2sojr Well-Known Member

Mar 9, 2018
    Art is still stuck in the 00’s. This team stinks but they honestly dont care. 9-8 is all they strive to achieve.

8. Steelersfan43

Steelersfan43 Well-Known Member

Aug 10, 2016

32% of the time,the steelers offense have a 3 and out....

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    That is hardly the case anymore however it is more commonly the case at least with QBs. That being said I do not think that trend should have ANY bearing on the Steelers unique situation. I honestly do not see how it can even be argued at this point. There is just no value in keeping Trubisky in. We have no relationship with him or future with him. Based on their play in the preseason, it appears Pickett possesses the exact traits that Trubisky is currently lacking. The kid is as ready as he could possibly be. I don't see how him gaining rust for a season for a guy like Trubisky is even remotely a sound decision.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  10. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    :facepalm:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Scrap

Scrap Well-Known Member

Oct 21, 2011
    I don't know if that is a foregone conclusion yet. The Brown's game had some of the fastest 3 and outs I've even seen. Cleveland is already designed to tire defenders with their RBs. Failing to hold any TOP is just dooming the defense. Regardless, it does show how impactful and important Watt is. I am worried he is going to be just like his brother and always be hurt... that would be a literal nightmare. And no matter how much the offense's ineptitude effected the defense we clearly have to get better stopping the run. I miss the days when running just wasn't even an option against us. Hell, what was it... 2008 when hardly anything was an option against us? Those were the days....

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. THREE RIVER SHIVER

THREE RIVER SHIVER Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2017
    MANNING, MARINO,AIKMEN,LUCK,RUSSEL WILSON, MAT RYAN, BEN.....all started as rookies ,all had
    Lots of rookies have started at QB... MANNING , LUCK, AIKMAN, MARINO, KOSAR, MATT RYAN,RUSSELL WILSON, BEN,....and all went on to have good careers... took there lumps and learned from them...we aren't very good, but we aren't the 79 buccaneers either

14. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Was the defense gassed by the end of the first quarter? That was when the Browns started moving the ball at will. The only reason the Steelers got a sop the rest of the half was Cooper dropping a pass on fourth down.

15. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    And for everyone of those how many amounted to nothing? Y’all throw those names out like that’s norm, when in reality they’re the anomaly. Aikman played on a stacked team. Outstanding defense, one of the best running backs of all time, a great offensive line..marino outstanding quarterback. One of the all time greats. Won squat. Matt Ryan what has he done? Oh that’s right nothing. Throws interceptions at the most opportune times. Ben was forced into starting due to injuries. Peyton manning one of the all time great ncaa and nfl quarterbacks. I can’t believe anyone is trying to compare Kenny freaking Pickett to Marino, manning et al. Cumulatively the guy has played one half of a preseason game.

• Like Like x 1
  16. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Bernie kosar? Lmao 50% completions 8td and 7 int. That’s the qb play we need!

17. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Manning played in the SEC and tore it up. Pickett played in the football powerhouse known as the ACC and did okay for one year.Y’all crack me up.

18. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Wow... you have all the answers huh....AIKMEN was horrible first year, I believe went 1- 15.. Every QB on the list took their lumps and were better for it..Your missing the point genius... You really don't know what you have till you put him in, stop worrying but ruining him... He's either gonna get better or not...Or maybe we should just watch Mitch struggle to put up 10 points a game and not use the middle of the field....I was all for Mitch starting ,and hoped he would afford us the luxury of Kenny sitting and learning, but we should be sitting here at 0-3 and even though we have a lot of issues the main one is MITCHELL

19. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    You’re so right it’s all trubisky’s fault. He caused our receivers to drop a half dozen passes. It’s his fault Minkah gambled and lost on a huge Chubb run. It’s his fault Edmunds was out of position not once, but twice on td passes. Just put in Pickett and that will cure all of our ills.

20. Mashburn

Apr 30, 2021
    Was it Troy's 3rd team and he started multiple seasons for the first team?

21. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Come on Strummer, you didn’t just start watching football, you know Pickett has a better command of the game then Trubisky.

Calling for Pickett doesn’t mean we think he will lead them to the SB, it just means the better QB should be on the field.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  22. THREE RIVER SHIVER

Oct 24, 2017
    Maybe you should RE - READ the post.......Never said MITCH was the only problem......But he is the QB of a bad offense right now and he has to shoulder the blame...He's a vet and it's the nature of playing that position...They desperately needed to posses the ball in the second half and they couldn't do it...

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    He threw for 4,319 yards, averaging 8.7 yards per attempt, with 42 touchdowns and only seven interceptions. He was third in the Heisman Trophy voting. That is a bit better than doing okay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    And our 18million dollar veteran wide receiver dropped how many passes in the second half?

Last edited: Sep 23, 2022
  25. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It may also mean that if there isn't a big difference between the two, you might as well let the rookie play.

• Winner Winner x 1