1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

Tomlin..... I'm working!!!

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Mashburn, Dec 5, 2022.

1. Jball

Jball Well-Known Member

Jan 1, 2012
    If Tomlin were my hero, I might have a problem with it. Thankfully...

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    It must be difficult for you. Walking around with so much hate

3. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    People are making too much of this, and if he didn't say the F word it wouldn't even have made news.

How is a fan even that close before going into a halftime locker room, especially within arms reach, no security??
    Hell why would there be security there was hardly even Falcons fans in ATL

Watching the video I think Tomlin actually got startled by the guy shouting "COACH TOMLIN GO GET THE WIN" and then got mad.
    Probably should of just ignored it, but he didn't. know it makes needless news.

Anyway its game day... not training camp or something. If you hate or like Tomlin he's attempting to do his job.

I think if you ever saw Mike Tomlin in public he be a nice guy and say Hi as long as you weren't being super weird and creepy or critiquing him on his coaching etc.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

I've read on sites, and heard on sports talk shows, that he is an arrogant dick, when not in front of a microphone

• Like Like x 2
  5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Never seen that once, exact opposite actually.

Closest to that is the beat writers get annoyed with him because he doesnt give them what they want.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012

:shrug: Just know what i read / heard.. recently i heard it on the fan a few weeks ago

• Like Like x 1
  7. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Were they wearing tinfoil hats when they said it?

Rule of thumb, when you “hear” stuff like that which has never surfaced before, it’s generally bs.

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  8. SteelReal

SteelReal Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2020
    People jumped all over me when I suggested it would be nice to see the Steelers playing in a domed stadium...I see we got a bunch of hypocrites in terms of mental toughness....a bunch of participation trophy and PC fans.

9. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012

I heard one of the Pittsburg guys talk about Hines one time. He made some comment about Hines in front of the camera and Hines behind the scenes are two very different people. I think it was Ed Bouchette, but I could be mistaken.

10. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    Hate domes. Takes some fun out of the game for the fans.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  11. Steel Hog

Steel Hog Well-Known Member

Dec 6, 2017
    And if he wasn't? If it were you in this situation and someone you don't know asks you a question, is this how you'd respond not knowing who the person is or if there may be minors around? Since this is all over the media, I am sure young fans will see this, so, is this ok with anyone who says its ok? I get it if it was captured between MT and someone else and it was supposed to be a private conversation, but that isn't this. JMO>

12. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Would you be one to give a #### if you had an 11 yr old that saw this? Maybe that is how you talk around kids but some may criticize this for what it was. A classless response for the world to see and little regard for doing so. JMO>

• Agree Agree x 2
  13. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    Hey Karen, as long as we’re getting into how we talk around our kids. I tried to refrain from using inappropriate language when my kid was a youngster. If I’m sitting in a bar or restaurant and somebody’s dropping nonstop F bombs around my kid, I’m probably gonna say something. But kids are going to hear cuss words. It’s not the end of the world. It’s the real world pal people cuss. I actually thought it was pretty funny plus I didn’t see the kids around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Let's just leave this at you think it's funny, and I don't without further name calling unless you somehow knew my name was Karen.

15. james weyandt

james weyandt Well-Known Member

Sep 6, 2021
    As long as Tomlin has a winning season, he can say f--- everyone I'm working.But if he has losing season he better say f--- me i suck.

• Like Like x 1
  16. SteelerGlenn

SteelerGlenn

Nov 24, 2011
    You forgot the JMO at the end of your post.

17. caine9135

caine9135 Member

Dec 2, 2020
    Man there are some sofffffttttt people on here. He is in the heat of battle. His reaction is justified. If you can't understand his reaction and just laugh it off, then the problem is your thin skin and not Tomlin.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No hate.

19. steelersrock151

steelersrock151 Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2011
    Meanwhile, if he had stopped, shook the guys hand, and joked with him, they would be tearing him apart for not giving a **** about the game.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. Hanratty#5

Hanratty#5 Well-Known Member

Apr 20, 2019
    F bombs are just part of Tomlin's way of speaking. I was at Latrobe a few years ago and during a goal line drill two different O lineman moved before the snap on consecutive plays. Tomlin turned the air blue with a series of F bombs. Yes there were many women and children within ear shot but when you go to an NFL practice where the team is trying to get ready for the season you are going to hear rough language and see fights on the field. This isn't Wimbledon where you sit and eat strawberries and cream and politely applaud a nice serve.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  21. dobbler-33

dobbler-33 Well-Known Member

Nov 13, 2011
    Id a said “WHAT YOU SAY BOUT MY MOMMA?!?!”

gotta give these guys something to laugh about… be an original hahahaha

22. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Well SG, you're absolutely right. I just didn't think it was needed this time. Got my mind on killing Rat Birds.

• Like Like x 3
  23. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    Justified? So, he would be justified to say this on live tv then, right? If not, why, if its justified? I'm sure the NFL folks are laughing their asses off right now. I can understand the reaction but would expect some control of how to express it when dealing with the public and phones and camera are in possession of everyone. I feel this is poor decision making than a heat of the moment excuse walking back to a locker room while leading. The true test is if you were a coach in the same situation, is this what you'd do? If you would, then fine. I wouldn't. To each his own. JMO>

24. Steel Hog

Dec 6, 2017
    I think this would be determine on the outcome of the game. JMO>

25. Mashburn

Mashburn Well-Known Member

Apr 30, 2021
    For me, I would be glad knowing he is the coach and that focused. I don't want a sissy that goes to take pictures with fans, waste time and etc. While there is a game.

• Like Like x 1