1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

They're saying Tomlin is most overrated coach possible ever. Fact or Fiction?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by SDOT, May 21, 2021.

1. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I too see both sides of a lot of stuff. I may not agree with it but realize it's just a different opinion then I have.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. steel machine

steel machine Well-Known Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I hate him but respect him. He takes players that are nothing special and gets the best out of them. I am not a big Hall of Fame follower but I'd be curious how many players from the Patriot teams he coached make it in.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Sodfather

The Sodfather Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2014
    In my opinion, the cheating allegations hurt his overall legacy. Having said that, he's the GOAT of all NFL head coaches. One of the reasons is for what you posted. He takes seemingly ordinary NFL pros and coaches them up in to Pro Bowl caliber players. When he brings in super sttars like Randy Moss, they tow the line the Belicheck way and reap the rewards. In short, he is everything I wish Tomlin was minus the cheating. Tomlin is too much of a players coach and it hurts the team.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats because he is insane. The amount of time he spends on breaking down a single play is crazy, no detail too small.

But, that only gets you so far, still need talent as last year shows. He probably gets the most out of players but there is still clay there for him to mold when he does get the most out of them. He didn’t have much clay to work with last season.

Oh, and having Brady goes a long way.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. KMM

KMM Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2018
    Good one.

Almost.

6. Kevin

Kevin Member

Dec 27, 2020
    Really dude. Went 11-0 (With the league’s easiest schedule)and then we melted down last year, losing to our baby brother in the first round. Rooney said he would not be getting an extension and he would have to prove he deserved it In the ‘21 season. But he got two more years anyway before proving squat.
    Not sure what you mean by competitive...In the last 10 years we’ve been to one AFC Championship Game (in which we got smacked ).... there were 5 or 6 seasons that we didn’t Even make the playoffs. We get 4 games per year against Cincy and Cleveland. All we have to do is beat the Ravens and we get in the playoffs. Let’s be honest, in the current climate, you cannot fire an African American coach, especially when you’re the head of the leagues minority hiring committee and you have a hiring practice rule named after the owner of your team. If it were another coach, people would be saying it’s time to make a change to shake things up.

• Disagree Disagree x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. Confluence

Confluence Well-Known Member

Jan 22, 2017

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
    • Like Like x 1