1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

the weidl effect

Discussion in 'The Bill Nunn Draft Room' started by mac daddyo, Mar 19, 2023.

1. mac daddyo

mac daddyo Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2011
    looks like he's holding to the old saying that it all starts in the trenches. hoping that keeps happening in the draft as well. it looks to be with the meeting (twice) with mazi smith. i hope it continues as well with darnell washington. what a great weapon he would be in the run game and for KP, not to mention dan moore and pat friermuth. it will free muth up and give KP a secondary huge target. not to mention najee, warren and the run game. mismatch city. muth can be used tight and split out as well leaving washington most likely covered by a LB as he slips out into the passing lane. this would also free up the RB's out of the backfield. ball control baby. what a mind weidl has. that's why the teams in our division want him out of here. :smiley1::smiley1::smiley1:

https://www.bing.com/ck/a?!&&p=49b5...ZWlkbC1hd2F5LXBpdHRzYnVyZ2gtc3RlZWxlcnM&ntb=1

:cool:

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    I'll bet KP and Najee are jumping for joy? As you state don' t stop now,still would like IDl and OT with 2 of those first 4 picks.

3. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Omar Kahn has also had a good teacher/ mentor. He is tasked with
    Making these numbers work. I am glad Weidl is here though and not in
    Baltimore.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    another philly big man addition. la'raven clark was initially a weidl find. this was what i expected as far as a solid addition to our tackle spot. a vet that can swing on game day. not a bad pickup. :cool:

• Like Like x 3
  5. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    i think this guy has brought in smarter players to help with the problems we have been having. not only to upgrade a position on the field but to help teach the position on the field from making play killing mistakes. peterson may be older but he is a smart player and still effective at his age. edmunds made mistakes in coverage that neal and kazee should help. holcumb is a smart player and maybe he doesn't have all the physical gifts of bush but he won't make mistakes on the field. suemalo will not make the mistakes that dotson did over and over. the weidl effect is more than just physically better players being added, brains have been upgraded as well. i think this has been a problem with this team for awhile now. our players have had physical traits but the mental part has been lacking and weidl seems to be trying to upgrade that aspect of this team. that is part of the weidl effect. i like it myself. :cool:

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    Couldn’t disagree more about Clark. Pretty freaking terrible.

7. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

compared to trent scott or davis that was here last year? :cool:

8. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Definitely worse than scott

9. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011

i thought scott played pretty well for us and wouldn't have minded him coming back.

18 starts clark. 20 starts scott. clark 7 penalties in 6 years. scott 15 in 5 years. trying to eliminate the penalties that kill drives. :cool:

• Like Like x 1
  10. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Clark 1 year 1.2 50k guarantee
    Scott 2 years 3m + 350-500k guarantee

That alone should speak volumes to you. Is Clark the guy you get your annual hard on over?

11. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    annual hard on? really? he was brought in because we had nobody else. weidl is familiar with him. he's a backup swing tackle of which we didn't have. scott signed elsewhere. we saved money for about the same output. are you having a bad day and want to argue? find a wall. he wasn't brought here to start. maybe weidl has a hard on. :cool:

12. strummerfan

May 9, 2012
    Don’t even try and deny your annual love affair with some mediocre at best player.

13. mac daddyo

Oct 22, 2011
    who's denying? many have done quite well too, but nobody wants to talk about those do they. not every play is all pro. we have been through this many times. about 30% or more of teams are comprised of these players. we have had more than our fair share of UDFA's that have done quite well for us. how about our #2 running back? how about mike hilton? james harrison? ramon foster? AV? BJ finney? feiler? sims? the list goes on. just stop strummer. i'm not wasting my day arguing with you, it's not worth my time. do the wall thing. :cool: