1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The Tomlin Legacy Folks

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by STEELWINDS, Nov 15, 2019.

1. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    Steelers have 10 days to heal up and they play the Bengals. The freakin' Bengals people. And then REVENGE against the Browns!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    The writing was on the wall and 27% +/- of the PickEm players saw it clearly and picked the Dark Sludge Team to win (I was blinded by the light):
    1. Road game in a very short week
    2. Hangover and false optimism after a big home win against last year's NFC SB entry
    3. MR's 1st road game as a pro
    4. Sub 500 opponent with nothing to lose
    5. Bounty-gate rears its ugly head once again.
    6. Steelers relegated to starting a plethora of JV-ers.
    7. Heinz Mustard has expressed frequent optimism of late

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. The Glory Days

The Glory Days Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    True dat! He certainly can't overcome not adapting to a bad situation. A coach is supposed to just rollover and do nothing when adversity strikes. The athletes that take the field make the calls and follow their own gameplan, so when nothing is working, it CAN'T be the HC's fault. The HC is supposed to pump his fist and mismanage the clock. Tomlin has done that stupendously. Nothing last night was in his control. He dressed himself warmly and put on clean underwear. He deserves a game ball.

4. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey SteelerJJ.

If that is how you have it analyzed, then cool. Then in that case, we needed an "upset" win (smile). Not far-fetched though. Like I have being saying all week. We should be in play-off mode and have been for four weeks in my opinion. You have to find a way. And even if we won would it have been that much of an upset. No, I feel the difference in part here was our complacency. Riding a 4-game winning streak and our historical success with the Browns during the Ben era.

Do not get me wrong. Losing our two WRs last night and other players (who we have been winning without already) was HUGE! However, it is called a contingency plan. To think through every and all scenarios when entering a game in case A,B, or C do happen. Yes, some obstacles are too overwhelming to overcome. Given that, we were only down a TD going into the 4th quarter. Not making excuses just thinking we still could have won this game. To me it was more of not matching the Brownies intensity. However, that is how it is with all of our opponents. To beat the STEELERS is the highlight of their seasons. STEELWINDS

• Like Like x 1
  5. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    Our JV squad on offense can beat the Bengals.

• Like Like x 3
  6. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    My memory ain't so good these days........but I sort of recall way back on September 8, 2019. :facepalm:

7. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    No such thing as overreacting to a beat-down by the Browns.

8. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    I'd be near the top of the pickem results, if I didn't pick the Steelers to win every single week (except week1):unsure:

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. SteelerJJ

SteelerJJ Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011

Unfortunately, I have to agree with Mark Madden. If teams don't turn the ball over, they beat us. Mason just can't do it, at least for now.

10. MojaveDesertPghFan

MojaveDesertPghFan

Oct 19, 2011
    Psst.........be careful GB, I heard from Martha Stewart that this may be considered insider trading. :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  11. bigbenhotness

bigbenhotness Well-Known Member

Nov 1, 2014
    why are you bashing yourself?

12. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    7-5 will look good and if we can beat browns the next game they will likely be done

13. Steelsax

Steelsax Well-Known Member

Oct 25, 2011
    Yeah, it's all on Tomlin unless the team wins right!? If the team wins, then it's all on the "players" and Tomlin has nothing to do with it - what a joke!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  14. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    Hey HeinzMustard.

Yes, I remember them well. If I also correctly remember, we bounced back strong I think in 2004 (Ben's rookie season). Given that, I do not want to wait a year or longer for competitive Steeler football and yes up to this point we have been competitive. Now, I am not sure how last night's game can be classified. We were in it up to the middle of the 4th QT. However, I really do not think we were competitive knowing how we have been playing the last four weeks in comparison to last night. The lone TD was compliments of four Brownie penalties I believe. STEELWINDS

15. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    HEY bigbenhotness.

Yes, we are still "significant". Let's heel up, get back to the drawing board, and let the coaching staff re-evaluate the good and the bad and make the necessary adjustments. STEELWINDS

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. bigbenhotness

Nov 1, 2014
    im down. we werent going 12-4 anyways. parity NFL

17. Jay31

Jay31 Well-Known Member

Oct 8, 2017
    Can people stop being excessive with their emotions. Everytime the Steelers lose a game, it's Mike Tomlin's fault. Everytime the Steelers win a game, it was in spite of Mike Tomlin. Mike Tomlin is not perfect. He definitely has done things as a coach that had me scratching my head. But the Steelers don't have Ben Roethlisberger or Stephon Tuitt for the rest of the season. James Conner gets hurt every 2 games. Juju got knocked out last night. Diontae Johnson was bleeding from his ears last night. It feels like the Steelers are running out of offensive players. The defense is playing good. People need to relax with the Mike Tomlin hate. A lot of times, people's emotions cloud their logic. Lol

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  18. STEELWINDS

STEELWINDS

Sep 12, 2019
    HeyJay31.

You may have seen it or not. Several weeks ago I posted a thread about sending Coach "T" some love. it was from the standpoint of being put in a position of being an Administrator. Same concept as a Supermarket Manager, CEO of a Fortune 500 Company, a Police Commissioner, etc. I have been on record for Tomlin's wins and losses. I give credit when it is due and criticism when it is due. You will find me to be a straight shooter.

Yes, some only come out of the woodwork to criticize. However, just or not, we all know that emotions run higher when there is a loss. That is human nature in general. Yes, we are down key critical personnel and that definitely weakens our team. Like you stated "people's emotions cloud their logic". And as I am stating, in a sense, the cloudier the day (a loss) the cloudier the judgement as well as the higher the emotions. Take care. STEELWINDS

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. groutbrook

groutbrook

Oct 23, 2016
    A lot of what I say regarding Tomlin is tongue-in-cheek, but it probably doesn't read that way. Either way, I don't think he's the man for the job and I've felt that way for several seasons now. The patterns and trends this team follows are obvious. Never correcting the same mistakes for example, or losing to the league's biggest losers. The Steelers were talent-rich for many seasons, yet the results were the same; an ugly playoff loss. This season is a culmination of the last decade. The wheels finally fell off, that's all.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    The Browns were cheating all game long and deserved every penalty they got. Our WRs were getting mauled by Browns secondary.... JuJu and DJ....KO'ed. If the Browns weren't cheating... Steelers WRs would have done better, IMO. Our O-line is an area of concern... definitely not a strong point of this team anymore.

I'm indifferent about Rudolph. He had no help from the O-line and the Browns secondary was getting away with murder. The jury is still out. Not sure if Duck would have done any better... probably worse. The INT in the 4th quarter was awful... should have took the sack.

21. HeinzMustard

Nov 18, 2015
    It don't matter. Tomlin is not going anywhere. I believe the Steelers could do better at HC... but it's moot.

22. Lambert

Lambert Well-Known Member

Jun 5, 2015
    I hate Tomlin the coach. I think he's a wonderful person. This game is not on him at all. Our top two weapons on offense were Washington and Samuels. No chance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  23. Roonatic

Roonatic Well-Known Member

Sep 4, 2017
    Tomlin is like 20-4-1 against the Browns. What a loser...lol

• Like Like x 1
  24. Steelers304

Steelers304 Well-Known Member

Aug 29, 2015
    What are the Steelers supposed to do with that bum QB? Mason close to Nathan Peterman level

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  25. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    I wasn't aware the season is over :shrug:, or maybe all those injuries caught up to them last night, a short week on the road with a bunch of practice squad scrubs.