1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The time is past for #55

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by bleednblackngold, Nov 14, 2021.

1. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Hindsight. Learn it, live it, love it.

You’re not the draft master you think you are. I posted the draft thread in this thread, it’s right there for all to see, you didn’t even have any idea who Leonard was but of course you knew he was a All-Pro then this player you never heard of :rolleyes:

It was only when I dug up the draft thread and exposed you that you changed your story from Leonard to just ILB that they should have taken.

• Like Like x 1
  2. D0bre Shunka

D0bre Shunka Well-Known Member

Jan 24, 2012
    Well, I don’t know about all this childish fighting but I will say remember, the draft is a gamble. It’s become very high stakes too. No one can pick em all! We all have disagreements with various picks, for various reasons and at various times but overall, the Steelers have done a pretty good job of drafting. Bush wasn't good at Michigan, he was out frick n standing and thus, a worthy gamble in the draft! I’m still hoping he can turn the corner.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Formerscribe

Formerscribe Well-Known Member

Dec 18, 2016
    Actually, I never changed my story, but you keep on being you.

I did see inside linebacker as a bigger need than safety, though both were positions that needed to be addressed. I was absolutely right about Edmunds, so thank you for posting the evidence that I criticized the pick as a massive reach immediately. :)

Last edited: Nov 20, 2021
  4. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    It's possible. I certainly hope so, but right now he looks like a mistake that probably wouldn't have happened if they had made the right choice and taken Leonard the previous year.

5. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Everyone knows the truth, if it was worth it, I’d spend the time digging up those threads as well.

You were right about Edmunds as were a lot of other people but that’s not the debate. If you’re argument stopped there we wouldn’t have wasted pages and pages of you claiming you weren’t using hindsight about Leonard. You keep using All Pro to defend your position, that is the definition of hindsight.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    And the Steelers made a mistake drafting Tee Martin instead of Tom Brady, all you're doing is posting hindsight crap.

7. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    That isn't my entire argument. I make that clear every time, but you are implying otherwise. The results should be part of the discussion, too, and Leonard was an All-Pro as a rookie. The funniest part is you and others implying or directly stating that he wouldn't have fit into the Steelers' defense. Yeah, the All-Pro middle linebacker couldn't handle an inside linebacker spot in Pittsburgh's 3-4 defense. That is some excellent analysis there. :lolol:

8. Formerscribe

Dec 18, 2016
    The difference being I wasn't commenting at all about Martin at the time. I don't even know if this board existed at that time. I was commenting on Edmunds and the need to draft an inside linebacker.

9. Maddog78

Maddog78 Well-Known Member

Oct 12, 2020
    You're suggesting they should have taken Brady in the 5th? Are you saying they should have "reached" for Brady?