1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The return of Edmunds?

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by Blast Furnace, Feb 29, 2024.

1. forgotten1

forgotten1 Well-Known Member

Mar 4, 2022
    Bring him back
    Apparently the shat show Minkah put on this year proves he needs Edmunds to look okay.

2. strummerfan

strummerfan Well-Known Member

May 9, 2012
    You’re focusing on part as opposed to the whole

3. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Well that alone is an important factor don’t you think? Edmunds is an Ironman, doesn’t miss games which means Minkah doesn’t have to cover for anyone and be taken out of his best roll.

Aside from that, I have never felt Edmunds is as bad as some think. I think he has more value to the Steelers than other teams though and it has shown in his last two stops but the Steelers know how to get the most out of him.

I certainly think they can and should upgrade the position even if they do bring him back.

• Like Like x 2
  4. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    What?
    Not hating the man but hating his game. LOL
    Typical lead guitarist!!!!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 1
  5. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    I think it is more likely we will see the return of Bud Dupree to take over for Markus Robinson.

Last year Dupree played for Atlanta on a 1 year $3 million deal.

• Informative Informative x 1
  6. Rel

Rel Well-Known Member

Dec 31, 2018
    What does a CB have to do with a S?

7. Brice

Brice Well-Known Member

Jul 18, 2018
    Just saying, for DBs who could return to Pittsburgh, I would rather have Hilton return than Edmunds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. jeh1856

jeh1856 Beer is good

Oct 26, 2011
    I’m good with this they need someone to run the daycare

Actually I’d be good with bringing him in a vet minimum as a back up

Last year we saw we need depth

He is just not very good as a starter

• Like Like x 2
  9. METALMAN_68

METALMAN_68 Well-Known Member

Jan 4, 2022
    Who even was the starter aside Minkah last season before all of the injuries? Seems like a lifetime ago. I guess the question is, how effective was Minkah alongside that starter vs him alongside Edmunds 2 seasons ago. Someone smarter than me will have to dig into that. Edmunds doesn't have to be a starter. He can provide depth and maybe he ends up being better than anyone they have on the roster currently. That alone will tell them they had better address the position in the draft.

10. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    Bringing Edmonds back would be a sensible low risk move. We know he was overdrafted but he is a decent strong safety that is rarely injured. I can’t see why anybody would have an issue bringing him back on a low cost deal

11. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Bad angles keep you healthy in the NFL. Supposed to get in there and break up a play or at least tackle.
    You're welcome @STD

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. SteelersFanIrl

SteelersFanIrl Well-Known Member

Mar 3, 2019
    He led the team in tackles at least one year iirc

I’m no Edmonds apologist but if they bring him back we are talking about a role player earning $2m to $4m whose job will be in and around the box to complement and free up Minkah

it’s not his fault that the Steelers drafted him where they did and I think a lot of fans can’t separate that decision from the player today (not aimed at you)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  13. LambertsDentist

LambertsDentist Well-Known Member

Aug 13, 2014
    He wasn't worth the first round pick we used on him but he was an average starting safety. He isn't going to command a huge salary so I'm not against kicking the tires.
    Edmunds was never accepted by the fans because he was overdrafted. He also had the impossible task of following Troy. Yeah, there was a year or 2 between Troy and Edmonds, but being a 1st round pick, we expected him to be Troy 2.0. following a legend leads to unfair expectations.

14. Rollers

Rollers Well-Known Member

Nov 8, 2016
    I really didn't like the way played but I'm thinking he's better than anyone else back there

15. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    No thank you

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. SGSteeler

SGSteeler Well-Known Member

Sep 9, 2013
    Certainly would be an awesome fit. He wouldn't be expensive and would bring the right type of play to the SS position to help free up Minkah. We tried Kazee as more of a 2 FS look and we tried Neal as a defacto 3rd LB and neither were really that good. TBH Minkah and Edmunds with Thompson and Killebrew as the back ups would look solid. They could take a mid round flier here too in order to bolster depth. We HAVE to find quality play on a low contract somewhere and this makes the most sense. This frees us up to spend at ILB or CB in FA and really shore up the defense into something solid.

17. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    This will be the Steelers big splash move in free agency!

• Hilarious Hilarious x 2
  18. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Golden not Robinson :rolleyes:

19. steelersrule6

steelersrule6 Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2011
    Nah, they're going big game hunting in free agency.

• Very Optimistic Very Optimistic x 1
  20. biggbunch68

biggbunch68

Apr 26, 2012
    Draft a safety, plug and play.. Roll the dice

• Winner Winner x 1
  21. DJ18Baller

DJ18Baller Well-Known Member

Dec 8, 2021
    Would love it if that’s true. A good draft and some nice signings and we might just be a QB away

22. forgotten1

Mar 4, 2022
    Yousureboutdat

23. CK 13

CK 13 Well-Known Member

Nov 5, 2011
    Like clockwork every year! Lets bring back???

Saw enough of Edmonds nothing special. And if Minkah needs Edmonds for motivation were screwed.

Same goes for DuPree. One year wonder.

I can't see them drafting a safety early. Maybe 4th or 6th.

Neal is still on the payroll and doesn't cost much.

Kazee is still on the payroll.

And Trenton Thompson. I like this kid. How about developing his game more? Tomlin?

24. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Leading in tackles doesn't mean You stopped the guy when He should have been. You can let a guy go right past you, and others can corral him, and You make a tackle from behind.....You still get credit for the tackle. .....even though the guy should have been tackled 10 yards ago.
    The man left last year, and went through 2 freaking teams in a year.....we even abused him in Tennessee, because we knew exactly what he can't do, and some are .....Hey let's bring Him back.

25. S.T.D

S.T.D Well-Known Member

Dec 23, 2020
    Yeah I guess thats why The Eagles, and the Titans didn't want Him anymore....because we over drafted him.