1. Hi Guest, Registrations are now open. See you on the inside.
    Dismiss Notice

The ownership needs to decide...

Discussion in 'Steelers Talk' started by lewisha, Nov 13, 2016.

1. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    if they want to keep a coach who is mediocre and gives you a chance to be 8-8 every year, or take a chance and get another coach in the last few years of our franchise quarterbacks career. The window, she is a shrinking.

• Agree Agree x 10
  2. Boomer

Boomer Well-Known Member

Dec 11, 2011
    It's time. Get someone who can reach the younger players. And I don't mean by being their buddy. Do it before your QB gives up on you.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. Steelers89

Steelers89 Well-Known Member

Oct 1, 2016
    What ownership should do: Either Fire Tomlin, or have him on a very very short leash.

What ownership will do: Fire one of the coordinators or do nothing...

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. steelers5859

steelers5859 Well-Known Member

Oct 23, 2011
    they can start with Carnell Lake, Joey Porter and Danny Smith.

• Agree Agree x 4
  5. Wardismvp

Wardismvp Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    When Ben's done MT is done.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. steel_ben7

steel_ben7 Well-Known Member

Nov 16, 2015
    Let's see how this season plays out the rest of the way. If the Steelers somehow do miss the playoffs in this terrible division this season then I definitely agree that's it's time that Tomlin worst case scenario starts having his job security in question moving forward. You can't be satisfied with one playoff win going on 6 years now if your this franchise. Maybe in places like Cincy and Cleveland that would be okay and acceptable. It shouldn't be here.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. HeinzMustard

HeinzMustard Well-Known Member

Nov 18, 2015
    ^^^^ This is probably what will happen given the Steelers history, IF the Steelers end up 6-10 or 7-9. Position coaches will get the boot. Butler will probably get a pass since he's working with a lot of rookies in Hargrave, Davis and Burns.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Knight Fan

Knight Fan Member

Nov 7, 2016
    Tomlin shouldn't be on a tight leash he should be gone! Check out the stats for the last 6 years in Playoffs!! Nothing.. Go get Shanahan in Atlanta. Start turning this franchise around before its too late.

9. STEELWARRIOR

STEELWARRIOR Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    Yeah what's up with Smith? Dude had a big glob of gum in his mouth...like maybe he stuffed a whole pack of bubble yum in that mug.:facepalm::eek:

10. troybellringer55

troybellringer55 Well-Known Member

Nov 17, 2011
    The biggest disappointment in Tomlin is that he's a defensive of minded coach, and other than 2008 and 2010 the defenses haven't been great.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. MadtownDruankard

MadtownDruankard Well-Known Member

Aug 31, 2015
    Firing DL was an epic mistake. I'm fairly certain that decision was made by Colbert. He is the guy that should be fired A new GM needs to take over and let him decide what happens to Tomlin.

Bad drafts, bad firings, no depth anywhere on the field. It starts at the top. I'm certain a new GM would fire Tomlin and start over.

If the Rooneys want to keep Colbert then definitely let Tomlin go. 6 years of sloppy football and failure is a big enough sample size. Can't think of too many teams that would stick by their coach after 6 years of crap and an elite qb to work with. We have failed to meet expectations 6 years in a row.

• Agree Agree x 3
  12. Jares

Jares Well-Known Member

Nov 14, 2016
    I am afraid that ownership will do nothing. Colbert and Tomlin both need to go. All these first round defensive picks and this is how our defense is? Tomlin's legacy should be mediocrity and doing less with more. Losing repeatedly to bad teams and backing into the playoffs each year (if we get in at all) should not be good enough. He has created an atmosphere of complacency, stupidity, and no accountability. It is not just this year, it is nearly every year. We could also be looking at players like Brown and Bell wanting to leave for a better shot at winning.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. bnasty23

bnasty23 Well-Known Member

Jan 3, 2012
    So let me understand this post. Everyone say fire the coach. One say get Atlanta coach who has not done S***** and just lost to the Eagles too. My question is who is out there to coach Jimmy Johnson Bill C. (How we forget how people was calling him out for years and he too couldn't beat the pats or raven his final years. What about the lose to the Charger to make superbowl and Cowboys in the Superbowl. Was it Neil fault for throwing the pass or Bill for allowing his OC to call that play)

• Like Like x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. rmorphy

rmorphy Well-Known Member

Nov 28, 2011
    I agree with Lake and Smith, but I don't think it's Joey's fault. I mean, look who he is coaching!! Terrible players!! Jones can't get a sack if his life depended on it, Harrison is 67 years old, and Chikillo is just a guy. What they need is to draft WAAAY better, IMO.

15. shaner82

shaner82 Well-Known Member

Oct 16, 2011
    It doesn't seem to matter who we draft, they never really pan out. Heyward and Tuitt are good, not great. Shazier has ridiculous potential, but he's inconsistent out there. Jarvis is mediocre at best. All these guys were drafted high and there's a long list of others who were drafted high and never panned out either. Is our drafting really that bad, or is our coaching staff not putting these guys in a position to succeed? When Bill Cowher was in town, we were a LB factory. Whoever we plugged in was a beast. What changed?

16. chris2fer

chris2fer Well-Known Member

Nov 7, 2016
    That was all Neil O Donnell there was no receiver in sight on that throw and Bill got them to the AFC champ. game on a consistent basis this guy has HIS team now and can't win a playoff game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Thigpen82

Thigpen82 Bitter optimist

Oct 17, 2011
    The rest of the league replicated our D and we no longer had the options there in the draft. Then the rise of the TE role forced different types or LB to be drafted - rightly or wrongly. Plus we made some picks that didn't work out.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. SteelersFanFAQ

SteelersFanFAQ Member

Oct 17, 2016
    [​IMG]

Tomlin with full coaching ability activated

• Hilarious Hilarious x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. 1SteelHeart

1SteelHeart Active Member

Sep 25, 2016
    I stated this in another post still rings true here .

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    We have way more talent on D than the eagles.
    Look at what their D is doing this year.
    It's gotta be the system.
    Change it up or get a DC that can get it done.

• Agree Agree x 2
  21. JAD

JAD Well-Known Member

Jan 2, 2012
    Can you just imagine MT with an average QB. Just wow

22. Blast Furnace

Blast Furnace Staff Member Mod Team

Oct 16, 2011
    Thats because Hastings ran the wrong route.

1st interception was on ND but not the second one.

23. Jammasterc

Jammasterc Well-Known Member

Oct 26, 2011
    A loss is a loss.
    We're losing games we shouldn't with our Franchise QB.
    Just wasting his final years.

• Agree Agree x 2
  24. Clive From PIT

Clive From PIT I don't often drink...but I'm starting to. Site Admin

Dec 14, 2015
    Could just be the spark he needs to take his coaching to a new level.

(Can't decide whether to green-font it or not...)

25. lewisha

lewisha Well-Known Member

Dec 27, 2012
    Boom, there it is. A lot more teams started playing the 3-4. And like he stated, tight ends went from Just blocking to Jay Novacek / Antonio Gates type pass catchers.